What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Towing Vehicles

Zulufighter

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Allow people to mark vehicles to be towed so that it can be loaded onto the back of a mechanic truck

Detailed Suggestion:

Currently for a vehicle to be loaded onto the back of the flatbed mechanic truck it must be marked for impound by police, this means if someones vehicle has broken down, is having issues with refuelling/is out of fuel or is stuck it is impossible to load it without having police add the vehicle to the impound list, in some cases it will be marked by police attracting mechanics thinking its an impound job when it isn't.

What I suggest is that if someone has been in the driver seat of a vehicle, (suggesting that they're either the owner or someone whos broken in) is then able to prepare the car for towing either through caps lock interaction or with the eye, you could say this would be preparing things like towing cables/hooks and insuring everything is secured and safe. This will take a short period of time with an animation and then the vehicle will be effectively 'on an impound list' so it can then be loaded onto the mechanic truck by mechanics. Mechanics wouldn't get a notification when its on this list and the owner would still need to send a dispatch asking for help.

The Pros:

• Allows for more mechanic RP to take place as vehicles can then be transported around or to mechanic shops 
  • Still prevents mechanics from just driving around loading up random peoples cars
  • Stops vehicles being added to the impound list when they just need assistance

The Cons:

• Allows car thieves to hide more easily as they might just look like mechanics

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I don't think this will change any balance on the server other then attracting more people to the mechanic role and possibly encouraging civilian jobs as there will be more use in it.

(If you have any additions or comments I will make edits to add them)

Yes

+1

I always tried to put vehicles on the flatbed that broken down makes us mechanics look stupid to newer players when we say sorry nothing we can do about a flipped car other than using our "strength" to flip it.

This used to be a thing that anyone could put a vehicle on the back of a flatbed. 
People kept trolling with it and the feature got removed. 

People kept trolling with it and the feature got removed. 
Hopefully making it so that it can only be done after the person has been in the drivers seat will prevent it from being abused as someone wont be able to just run up to a random vehicle and tow it without first getting keys.

Back