What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Transfer office

ScottyUK

Former SGT Paros
Hello everyone I am getting my new PC soon and I was wondering how I would transfer Microsoft office laptop to my PC 

it it is Microsoft office 2007 and if I uninstalled it from my laptop could I install it to my PC ?

Depends on the package you purchased, lifetime office I believe is deactivated once it's been installed on one device 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone I am getting my new PC soon and I was wondering how I would transfer Microsoft office laptop to my PC 

it it is Microsoft office 2007 and if I uninstalled it from my laptop could I install it to my PC ?
If Office came pre-installed on the laptop, it's likely an OEM version which can't be transferred. If you purchased the license yourself separately, the key usually has a set number of concurrent installs which are allowed, meaning you should be able to do it if you uninstall from your laptop first.

If you know your product key, you could just try activating it and see what happens ;)

- Marc

If Office came pre-installed on the laptop, it's likely an OEM version which can't be transferred. If you purchased the license yourself separately, the key usually has a set number of concurrent installs which are allowed, meaning you should be able to do it if you uninstall from your laptop first.

If you know your product key, you could just try activating it and see what happens ;)

- Marc
Basically I got it the same time I bought the laptop and I bought the 3 user edition. It's been used in my laptop, my Grandads laptop and my brothers computer. If I uninstalled it on my laptop could I install it on my new PC ?

Basically I got it the same time I bought the laptop and I bought the 3 user edition. It's been used in my laptop, my Grandads laptop and my brothers computer. If I uninstalled it on my laptop could I install it on my new PC ?
That should be fine according to what I'm reading, yes. Though there is a possibility that it won't work and that you will need to to a phone activation, explaining to the rep that you have uninstalled it from the old machine, apparently the phone activation only takes a few minutes so hopefully you shouldn't have any issues should you need to go that route. 

- Marc

That should be fine according to what I'm reading, yes. Though there is a possibility that it won't work and that you will need to to a phone activation, explaining to the rep that you have uninstalled it from the old machine, apparently the phone activation only takes a few minutes so hopefully you shouldn't have any issues should you need to go that route. 

- Marc
Ok cheers Marc I'll try this when I get my PC if it doesnt work then I'll just get another copy :)

- Marc
that phone line LOL, the most amount of lies to ever be said via phone is to that phone number :D

An office I used to work for used 1 standard copy of office 2003 in over 90 locations and after every install, just call state it's only on 1 machine and boom activated. 
(they did purchase licenses most of the time, it was just easier to use the one install disk)

Also got a free copy of windows10 as the trial version of win7 had run out so called and said it would activate so they gave me a new win10 pro Lic :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back