What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Trucking Profession rebalance - at least 2 times worse than taxi financially

Caffiend

I really think trucking needs a bit of a buff, compared to taxi it just makes no sense.

I can rent a taxi for 6,000, get a potential job that drives 10km at about 120 - 140 km/h and I make close to 10,000. It costs about 2,000 to refuel it and I can drive for many jobs
For trucks I rent one for 15,000 (returned for ~11,000) drive 12km there and back so 24km total at about 80 - 90 km/h and make 15,000. It costs about 3-4,000 to refuel it and can do maybe 1 or 2 long jobs.

Why would I chose to do truck driving or go out of my way to rent a truck to do some player orders?
You don't even really get RP from trucking that much, I guess the same as taxi

I would love to do more truck driving but the cost and time spent don't add up to make it worth it. The trucking jobs need to almost be doubled, or potentially more bonus given to the long distance jobs.

______
The long story

My experience as a new player was to buy my license and head to the logistics company and rent a truck, did 1 job and realized that the truck started with almost no fuel I refueled it only to watch what little money I had go into the tank. Thinking this would last me awhile I set about doing another few jobs for about 10,000, then needed to get more fuel watching what any gains I made disappear. After trying trucking for an hour and not even getting back to the money I started with I quit that and went to see what other ways to make money there was. Someone suggested I try mining for them or the taxis, I like driving so I went taxi. My first job was 10km and made me 10,000 just like that I realized how much more profitable the taxi was. The money was flowing in compared to the trucks were it felt like any wrong move would set me back an hour or more of initial gameplay.

I understand you probably want to cater for the long term players but a slightly more balanced start may see more people stick around and in turn give the server some money.

I agree and also disagree with some of the points you have raised here,! but i agree it does need to be re-worked so...... +1

Having done a lot of trucking it can be profitable, particular if there are not many other trucker about, 10k for a run is a good amount of money, i would however suggest that shops should be limited in the amount they can spend per order to the increase the amount of jobs/deliveries that there are! Additionally to this with the amount of effort it takes to deliver fuel, these should be fixed to 10k least. 

I don't think the fuel efficiency for trucks is an issues, fuel last quite a while and get plenty of millage,

A good addition to you suggestion would be potentially local delivery jobs like taxi's have maybe at a reduced payment of 5k?

I think some of the fuel delivery jobs could be better paid. I know the idea is that you do a few jobs but there are some fuel jobs being paid as £1 or £3k, even 3k isnt worth the time and money of hiring. The other warehouse and car delivery jobs are usually worth it if theres a few to do.  Would be nice to see some truck customization or even imported trucks.

+1 bring back the absolute chaos that was the trucking depo down by the docks 😄

I know of a few players who stopped playing FiveM when they changed it as that was all they enjoyed. +1

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 if also means trucking debo looks like this again 
unknown.png

I wanted to add that fuel deliveries used to give you oil containers after completing a job which I never understood but it always added something to it.

However with this suggestion I see the frustration however I do not think things can be changed as now all fuel stations are owned by players UNLESS it's changed to where you get a bonus for however long you drive which I think would bring it back to a more stable income job?

I would love to see a legal job used more than just seeing a bunch of taxi's speeding around the roads playing rocket league.

+1

How about adding some NPC trucking routes.  So alongside the fuel/shop routes they are set routes.  So you have 5-6 Depos across the map, you collect your trailer and off you go, you get paid based on economy.

Pros - can make trucking a viable job

Pay can be set by devs to match that or taxi

cones - Dev time

Big +1, loved driving trucks as money earner!

Agree with pretty much everything everyone has said, it needs NPC jobs, but maybe not fuel, but rigid trucks ( no trailers ) that you can do to certain location around the city delivering general goods. 

As i am lucky enough to have a say  in terms of cargo transport to/from warehouse i try to make the jobs make sense within roleplay. «How much can you fit in an actual trailer?»

With that in mind a trucker can make anything between 10k and 150k in a go depending on how much the shops order. That again is affected on what people buy😂 So its player driven.

The biggest issue are the stingy bastards, they need to open up their taps for the transport they want.

Trucking does need a abit of attention, but as olayer driven as fair as we can get it. 

maybe several noble warehouses around city "NPC Run"

Maybe introduce customisation on trucks and more trucks and import ones too xD

0n8X63q.jpg

I agree that trucking is in a bit of a sorry state currently. Apologies if this is meta but I am currently starting something off in RP to try and improve the fuel pay.

I'm pretty new to the server and don't know how the shop orders work yet but the 10k cargo and dealership deliveries are well paying enough, especially in the city. If there aren't already limits on how muxh can be put in one order then that would be a good place to start.

Long term an actual job for haulage or logistics would be nice. Similar NPC mechanic job would work well. Pick ups and drop offs from various spots around the map.

A bit off topic - but the mechanic jobs could use a tweak too. Delivery diatances for player jobs should alter the pay, and the NPC jobs pay very little for the time the take. Perhaps the chance for a callout to be for a repair job that pays higher or just a boost to the job pay.

Back