What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

TS/Arma sound problems (Solved)

Joseph Boot

Ok so ive been able to play arma 3 without any issues for a long time but all of a sudden in the last couple of weeks my teamspeak and arma keep losing there sound

basically whenever i back out of an arma 3 server my teamspeak sound stops working and it freezes and my arma sounds stop working as well as in theres no sound but the game still runs as normal. Does anyone have any ideas becuase its kinda a hassle to restart arma and teamspeak everytime i back out of a server and its quite annoying. thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it could be to do with your sound card. I highly doubt it is your headphones (I am positive it isn't). Maybe someone knows exactly what it is and can help.

Well then check the settings and see what is different to other games which it doesn't occur on.

Sounds like a driver issue to me tbh, Try setting your TS to direct sound instead of automatically use best mode. Let us know if that helps.

Otherwise plz let us know what sound card you have

alright ill test that now thanks 

@lionel okay so i tested it and ts now works fine so thanks but arma still loses its sound any ideas?

yeah, let me know what soundcard you have I am presuming onboard audio if so you can find out your motherboard details via CPU-z

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.75-en.exe

Goto motherboard and grab that as a screenshot

e.g.
cpuz.gif

oh ..... ok.......

cant find drivers for that board with those details due to it being a HP prebuilt, if you goto the HP site, it will allow you to scan for updated drivers for your machine, let us know if any are found.

Hi Joseph, did upgrading the drivers help resolve the issue ?

Would you be happy with a remote support session, should be on tonight, around 7.30 - 9ish?

Not a problem, I have to pop up to crawley then down to lancing then back home after work today, so will be back late'ish hence the large estimate. I presume you will be on TS ?

Yeah ill be on TS until about 10 so thats not a problem and TS has began to freeze again so thats another problem.. 

Resolved, Was a driver issue with the mic, Logitech G490. Cabled via USB dongle. running mic though mainboard soundcard and no issues so far.

Further info: the latest version of the logitech gaming software has an issue with win 10, with cutting out after a period, downgraded to 8.5.83 to resolve that issue (plus you keep the voice morpher that they lost the right to distribute further)

Back