What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Barry Flash Allen - 20/01/18(Denied-permban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Flash Allen

In-game Name
Barry Allen

Steam ID

The date of your ban.

20/01/2018

Member of the team that banned you.
TikTak

Reason given for your ban.
Exploiting

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because i was told about and after seeing if the bug could be exploited i did not inform the admins or developers bug and i went to see if the bug worked. To my surprise the bug did work and i was given two items back in return. After i realised this worked i took the items back to my house and went to store them. The reason i was banned for this is because i had been told about the bug therefore i was knowledgeable as to what i was doing and also i did not report the bug to staff. The reason i have have not gone into detail very much is because i have contacted TikTak and he has advised me not to give any clues as to what the bug is or how to do it because with any small detail it becomes obvious as to how to do it. If you are an admin reading this then feel free to contact me here on the forums or i may be around on Teamspeak and can tell you what the bug is and cast a little more light as to the reasoning behind this ban. I 100%agree with TikTak's decision to ban me in this situation.

This is the rule that i broke pulled straight from the rules page:
(2.4) Using any exploits such as looting dead bodies, duplication of items or money, using the ‘Flip Vehicle’ feature outside of its intended purpose, transferring / processing items through walls and windows,and locking doors that have been broken into before 10 minutes have passed, IE those that have been bolt-cut. Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal. If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not be abused in the future.

This is the reason that i was banned for. An exploit is an error in the games coding or design. The exploit is not the error in the coding or design that is called a bug. Exploiting is where you use this bug in order to do things within the game that where not intended to happen or the user was no intended to be able to do. It is using a bug in a way that benefits you because you are exploiting it for personal use. Exploiting can be defined in many different ways but this is the definition of exploiting that is related to this situation.

Why should we unban you ?
Because i have made a huge mistake by using a bug in the coding of the hardworking development team in order to progress quicker in the server. What was going through my head when i did this was just a rush that i could use this in order to get ahead of other people and i was telling myself that it was not that bad because i was not going out of my way using a lag switch or logging on or off of the server the bug was so simple i did not feel like i was doing anything wrong and i would say that is mainly due to the huge adrenaline rush of finding a bug on this popular well coded server. now i have had to time to calm down from the rush of discovering this and have talked to staff about it i have realised how unfair me doing this is to the rest of the community. As the type of item that this bug dupes for you is not easy to get on the server as it is not sold anywhere on the server apart from on the forums.

I have realised how this puts me at an unfair advantage to everyone else playing the server and although i had to pay for each time i bought the item it i still wrong because of how rare this item is. I would also like to ad that i in no way think that this is an unreasonable ban just because of the fact that i had to pay around 500,000 for the bug to work this does not mean anything i just feel i should add this in because i want to show you how on my next point this was not as bad on the other community members but still 100% deserved the ban i also want to explain every single detail of why i was banned apart from actually exposing the bug on the server. i know how hard it is to gain money on the server after i have played it for a few years. And i realise know that i am literally cheating people out of their time as i am illegitimately getting ahead. Although i still had to pay to do the bug so i was not completely cheating people out of time.

I have also realised how i have disrespected the admins and the developers of the server as they work so hard to keep the server a fair and bug free place. The development team work very hard on the coding on the server and to use a mistake in their coding to benefit me and not even tell the developers that there is a bug in their coding was a huge error of mine and for that i am truly sorry. i realise now that exploiting this bug is very disrespectful to the people that work on making the server the popular and great place that it is an the only thing i can do about that is say sorry.

If i had realised all of the things that i have mentioned above before i exploited the bug then i would have never of even tried it. I would have informed the staff and development team as to the bug and how i have been told that it works so that other players would not be able to ruin the amazing experience that RPUK gives to players. I will also not just carrying on this lesson in RPUK if the staff team give me a second chance and are able to see that i am truly sorry but also carrying this lesson on in other servers that i may play in the future other games that i may play and also in the real world because you should never exploit inconsistencies in a person or their work for personal gain especially if it effects that person or other people giving you an unfair advantage.

I have played on this server for a few years now and i feel i have become a part of community in a way that i have interacted with other people in the community and i have become really good friends with them to the point that i have plans to meet friends that i have made from RPUK in real life. This server means a lot to me and being banned from it will be sad as playing the server is a way that my Friends and i spend our evenings and to not be able to spend time with the friends that i have made will sadden me and i think that this shows how dedicated i am to the server and i am not someone who has just joined to exploit and get to the top and ruin the experience for everyone else. i have been in other communities before on different games and life servers and i have never seen a community as welcoming and nice as this one. I feel that i fit in here where i do not in other communities and that is partly due to the time i have been here and the friends and relationships i have made along the way.

I am an honest guy and as soon as i realised i had done wrong i did not shy away from telling the truth and i told TikTak in game exactly what i had done how i had done it and even after he banned me i went and talked to him on team-speak about it as the conversation in game was patchy. I did not do this to try to get unbanned as i have been on the server long enough to know that admins can not just unban people on the spot. I would like to thank TikTak for not just ignoring me and coming to talk to me about it. When i first asked him to talk on Teamspeak i was a little angry and i had not fully realised what i had done as i mentioned earlier the rush of it all. TikTak was very nice and explained the situation well. He completely calmed me down and and answered any questions that i had about the ban what to do if it happened in the future. the reason i am saying this is because i feel as if this will show how i did not do this with any malicious intent towards the server the staff that run it and the community that surrounds it which i am a part of. I also feel that by showing you how i did not try to hide what i had done and was honest with the admin that you the reader will see how much i respect the community and especially the staff that run it. Instead of trying to make TIkTak's job harder by lying to him i told him the truth out of pure respect and honesty because as i said before i am an honest person and honestly i love the server and the people in it and i feel as if i wont find the same feeling or experience anywhere else. Aswell as talking to TikTak after the ban he asked to play with my gang since he is on holiday and i was happy about this because it gives me and my gang a chance to give back to the hard workers that run this community by playing with them and having a laugh and even though i am banned i am still in the Teamspeak engaging with the community ad talking to TikTak. I feel that this shows how there are no hard feelings and there is not any so called "salt" towards the community i just want to get back to engaging in the quality Roleplay that RPUK provides and showing new people the roleplay scenarios and fun times that are to be had on not just the server but in the community as well.

To prove to you that i will never do anything like this again i would like to mention how i have invested money of my own earnings into the server "Donator" because of how much i believe in the admins and developers i hope that this action that i have done in the past will shoe you how much i am invested in the server and am not here to glitch and cheat my way through the Altis way of life and this is the first time in a few years that i have ever done anything like this and will ever do anything like this. I just hope that my last few years of time on this server is not coming to an end as i write this appeal.

To show you just how invested and how much i love the sever i would like to let you into my personal life a bit. As meany people on the server know i am 18 in around 40 days and i am in my second year of A-levels in sixth form. A lot of work comes home with me to do from school and instead of just leaving the community to study for my exams in June/July like i did with my GCSE's i have decided to try and do both so i can continue to positively impact the community. For example last night i had 2 25 mark essay questions to hand in for Business Studies and i stayed on the server with my friends and gang members to around 1 o'clock. I then stayed up until 2:30 am in order to finish these two essays. I then woke up at 6:30 and went to sixth form happy that i had been able to play on the server and get my work done. The last thing i want is for this happiness that i have when i come home and i can play on RPUK to fade away. Another way RPUK has effected my personal life is when i was in secondary school a year or two ago i got bullied and RPUK was a way for me to escape and i could get lost in Roleplay and forget about the bad days at school i have never told anyone this before people in the community know that i got bullied but we never really talked about it in detail. Writing this now i feel bad because if there are other people that use this as an escape and i am negatively effecting this or them i feel very scummy and cant begin to apologise enough.

These are the reasons that i think i should be unbanned but most of all the reason i want to be unbanned the should part of being unbanned is completely up to the staff members that read this and i hope you have read this and seen just how sorry i am and how over these past hours i have reflected on my actions in game and how my actions in-game will be different after these lessons that i have learnt because i have not just learned how exploiting effects people i have had time to think about how many others things would be wrong to do and how they would upset or disappoint people. I have not just though about how they would be wrong and upsetting but how if i see this going on in the community how to report it and get it sorted out so that RPUK can be that amazing escape for others and maintain the quality of the server and its community.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
(2.4) Using any exploits such as looting dead bodies, duplication of items or money, using the ‘Flip Vehicle’ feature outside of its intended purpose, transferring / processing items through walls and windows,and locking doors that have been broken into before 10 minutes have passed, IE those that have been bolt-cut. Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal. If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not be abused in the future. 

"Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal."

If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not be abused in the future. 

And yet you abused this. 

Denied perm banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back