What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Bobby the Sock - 30/05/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Soxer

In-game Name
Bobby Soxer

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
30/05/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Unknown

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Teamspeak

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for use of VPN on the RPUK teamspeak server.

First of all I would like to start by saying that I did not mean to use VPN while connected to the server.

So, an hour or so before I got banned I felt like buying a new game, the specific game was called "escape from tarkov". to purchae/play the game, you are required to be in Europe.

Since I am from Israel, I had to bypass it by using a vpn. it is worth to mention, that I always use VPN when I am purchasing anything online.

I tried many connections and not all of them worked. until I finally managed to purchase the game https://prnt.sc/nvkitw (I've got some screenshots since I was talking to a friend about buying the game), https://prnt.sc/nwjb6q.

unfortunately, I was not aware that I am connected to RPUK teamspeak while I was using this VPN. therefor I got banned.

Why should we unban you ?
I think I should be unbanned for many reasons.

first of all, my last ban was around 2 years ago if I remember right, and I stayed a good player, didnt break rules and enjoyed playing the server.

secondly, I had no intentions to break rules on teamspeak, I was 100% unaware of being connected and I am truly sorry about it.

this was 100% my mistake and I believe I should be unbanned because we are all humans, and we all make mistakes from time to time.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
As you had a chat with a couple of staff members yesterday regarding your ban I'm going to ask you to update your appeal since you now know what you have been banned for. Once you have updated it please respond to this topic with something along the lines of: "Ït has been updated".

@Bobby the Sock

As you had a chat with a couple of staff members yesterday regarding your ban I'm going to ask you to update your appeal since you now know what you have been banned for. Once you have updated it please respond to this topic with something along the lines of: "Ït has been updated".

@Bobby the Sock
Thanks for the response, It has been updated 

You weren't banned for connecting with a VPN you were however banned for continuously joining the server with a VPN and getting kicked off. When being kicked off a protocol starts working in which you are also given instructions on what to do from that moment of time. However after being kicked of initially you joined 18 more times after this. How come you still connected 18 more times after being kicked of initially? 

@Bobby the Sock

You weren't banned for connecting with a VPN you were however banned for continuously joining the server with a VPN and getting kicked off. When being kicked off a protocol starts working in which you are also given instructions on what to do from that moment of time. However after being kicked of initially you joined 18 more times after this. How come you still connected 18 more times after being kicked of initially? 

@Bobby the Sock
I have no idea since I didnt even try to connect once. for some reason my teamspeak client always reconnects automatically after being kicked or or losing connection. what I believe happened was, since I changed VPN's multiple times, my teamspeak client tried to connect continuously and that resorted in trying to connect 18 more times.

as said before, I had no intentions to do so. I was unaware of being connected to teamspeak nor had any clue that I reconnected so many times.

I am no rule breaker, and I think you should understand me from my point of view, I had no intentions to break these type of rules, or any type of rules, still, I managed to somehow (by mistake of course).

again, just to clarify, I had 0 idea that I am connected to TS and using VPN will keep me reconnecting a whole bunch of times.

Thanks for the response and time, I hope you can come to understanding that I am truly sorry for not being to careful, and I do promise to be careful and pay more attention next time.

have a good day,

Ofek (Bobby)  

given instructions on what to do from that moment of time. 

@Bobby the Sock
I did not receive any of them since I was not aware of being connected nor know that I am causing trouble.

thanks in advanced 😉

Seeing you have been here for 2 years now and have a completely empty record I'll be giving you the benefit of the doubt! I don't think that anything that you did was done with a malicious intent. Please ensure in the future that if you need to use a VPN that you have teamspeak turned off to prevent these issues from happening in the future! 

In order to unban you however I do require your unique TSID. So if you could please PM this to me in order for me to issue an unban. 

@Bobby the Sock

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing you have been here for 2 years now and have a completely empty record I'll be giving you the benefit of the doubt! I don't think that anything that you did was done with a malicious intent. Please ensure in the future that if you need to use a VPN that you have teamspeak turned off to prevent these issues from happening in the future! 

In order to unban you however I do require your unique TSID. So if you could please PM this to me in order for me to issue an unban. 

@Bobby the Sock
I appreciate it, I am not home currently, I will message you however whenever I wake up. thanks for handling the case with understanding 🙂

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back