What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - DatAnnoyingDude - 18/04/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

A J

Wiki Editor
In-game Name
AJ Orion

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
18/04/19

Member of the team that banned you.
mryan19

Reason given for your ban.
5.3 (NLR)

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
During a patrol, I took part in a gunfight with the police that was situated at the Poseidon weed field, after dying in this gunfight I left the base after regearing to attempt to situate myself somewhere practical ready to re-involve myself with the fight that was still ongoing. During this time I parked on a hill approximately 2 km from where I died waiting for my NLR timer to run out. Having not been listening to anything being said in the channel unmuted I didn't know where the fight had progressed to. During the time I was on the hill, I looked around with my range finders to pass some time. I feel that this was construed to be me involving myself which was not at all my intention as I knew I had to wait a minute or two before involving myself. When my time was about a minute I knew the fight was progressing towards rebel outpost so I headed in that direction and then re involved myself with the situation. I was banned because I feel that staff thought I was breaking the rule 5.3 "Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired." and being in the area with range finders could be seen as involving myself. Which I personally didn't think it was and I have always seen being involved in a situation to be either a combatant or someone who is directly spotting e.g thermalling and I thought I left myself enough of a margin, having several hills in between me and where i incorrectly thought the situation had moved to.

Why should we unban you ?
I have always enjoyed playing here and I will hopefully continue to do so, I feel that I made a small error of judgement which was actually more serious than id expected and that cost me. Without fail this community as a whole always give me something to look forward to and I can always come here and have fun within the silliness of RP and I have made many friends here who I enjoy playing with. It was never my intent to break the rules as I do understand why they are in place, simply to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for everyone that plays and I wouldn't want to ever have a negative impact on someone else especially given the things I have said in my past which I deeply regret. I only ever break the rules when I don't really understand them fully and I slip up on and unfortunately, NLR is a rule that I don't fully understand which means I run into issues, as I know I have slipped up before.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

After around 2000 hours on our servers you should know better then to take the risk of involving yourself in the situation you just died in so that you can be "ready to re-involve" yourself. 
How come this happened AJ, You should know better then to get yourself so close to a gunfight that you just died in so how come that you did?
You state you don't understand the NLR rule so let me explain it to you.
When you die:
[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous roleplay situations. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember where any of its vehicles outside the garage are [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous enemies (your killer/robber etc)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You do however remember[/SIZE]
Your character does remember their friends & gang members.[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

Now the last part is that you may not return 1000 meter from your location of death or involve yourself in the same situation. Now let's be honest we both know that gunfights can move across several kilometers as there can be snipers, moving vehicles, people moving to flank, get cover etc. and backup that comes in which switches the location of battles. So you going 2km away from the fight with rangefinders would be classed as involving yourself in the situation as you are too close to say you are not part of it. If a cop was a see you they would shoot you thinking your a sniper or moving in. 

Hope this helps explain the NLR rule to you, do you have any other problems understanding the NLR rule feel free to join JFS and ask BEFORE you do something that you feel might break a rule. 

Now finally. This is your 3rd ban with you also having 4 warning. How can I trust that you will start following the rules?

It was never my intention to break any rule at all and i feel that i simply a little ambitious were i was sitting and due to me not actually talking to people in the channel because of the gunfight i wasn't aware of its location so i placed myself on a hill well away from my location of death. I don't ever want or go out with the intention of breaking rules as, as you said i have spent 2000 hours here and if it was my intention to harrass the community i would have followed many people who i once associated myself with who i now don't for very obvious reasons.  Now that i have been banned for this however i now definitely now know the line between involved and not, which i previously thought was taking part in the shooting and it wont happen again. I truly do enjoy playing here and I only look forward to spend more time with everyone here.

You know the line, so how will you act differently in the future when you are killed in a situation? 

I'll simply do my own thing and mind my own business until my timer is fully up when that's all done ill only then consider whether i want to go back in and resume the previous fight

You have played here for a very long time and in that time you have built up not an insanely good record. You will be given another chance however any further rulebreaks from your side within the next 4 months will result in a permanent ban. I truly hope that you will be able to abide by the rules and I do recommend you that before playing again to read over all the rules again. And if you don't understand any rule fully you are always welcome to come to Join for Support to ask for assistance! No more "I didn't fully understand the rules" since in the future that will not be accepted. 

Welcome back! 

Unbanned 

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back