What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - DCC Ponty - 12/07/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponty

nah nothing mate
In-game Name
DCC Ponty

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
12/07/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Gregory

Reason given for your ban.
1.7, 2.7, 5.3

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
As mentioned above, I was banned for rules 1.7, 2.7 and 5.3, to break it down I'll go through them as they happened.

2.7 Trolling
I was banned for Trolling as prior to a collision on NPAS bridge, which is seen on the report against me HERE, I was driving around in an SUV listening to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, this was being played down direct communication as if it were my radio being played loudly from inside the car.
A little bit later I hit the banking of NPAS bridge's wall and swerved into an oncoming car by mistake, causing both myself and the occupants of the other vehicle to die.

After this happened I spoke to Greg who at the time explained that what I was doing could be perceived as trolling, to which I acknowledged and then respawned.

5.3 NLR
I was banned for NLR as after respawning from the collision near NPAS, I responded to a call of a 50.cal near Agios. I was dropped off in a Hunter and was driving eastbound in order to find it, my patrol had placed spikes just after Lakka in an attempt to spike it. These spikes failed and thinking about attempting to cut it off later, I took a side road that leads to the RBA reserve, hoping it would try to flee uphill.
Whilst following this road I noticed I had gone within 1km of my last death and then attempted to get outside of my NLR zone by going uphill towards the Oil Trader Compound to avoid any ongoing RP. Which, to my knowledge, there was no situation ongoing at the point I breached NLR.

1.7 Common Sense
About an hour later, the Trojan patrol I was on was responding to a bank alarm at Agios Bank. Whilst here I was in an RP situation where a group of mates knew Stiliyan Petrov, who is a former Aston Villa footballer who originates from Bulgaria.
I was in the process of reviving him when he was speaking Bulgarian to me, now I decided to attempt to communicate back, but where I don't know any Bulgarian, I tried to use Google Translate on my phone to try to talk to Petrov. Unfortunately, Google Translate does not have Bulgarian as an option. So I explained to them I can't speak Bulgarian, but I can speak Arabic, to which point I played the phrase "Hello, my name is Ponty and I like cake" in Arabic to them.

Seeing as this is similar to using a soundboard and I had already been warned by Gregory for this style of trolling, resulted in me being banned for 1.7

Why should we unban you ?
You should unban me because over the past two and a half years I have spent here, I have had no bans to my name, keeping a very clean record which had only a few minor discrepancies, mind those occurred well over a year ago and I have matured massively since. This is seen as I have managed to work my way up to DCC in the Police and had at one point, been a staff member, attaining level 3.

On top of this, I thoroughly enjoy being here, I have amassed a large group of friends with whom I play a large variety of games with, ranging from Rainbow Six Siege to Formula 1, of which I also began my own group on the forums and administrate an online league where multiple people turn up weekly to participate in. (This can be seen HERE)
I am hoping you unban me so I can continue on enjoy great moments with a fantastic group of lads.

Cheers for reading this.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
5.3 NLRI was banned for NLR as after respawning from the collision near NPAS, I responded to a call of a 50.cal near Agios. I was dropped off in a Hunter and was driving eastbound in order to find it, my patrol had placed spikes just after Lakka in an attempt to spike it. These spikes failed and thinking about attempting to cut it off later, I took a side road that leads to the RBA reserve, hoping it would try to flee uphill.Whilst following this road I noticed I had gone within 1km of my last death and then attempted to get outside of my NLR zone by going uphill towards the Oil Trader Compound to avoid any ongoing RP. Which, to my knowledge, there was no situation ongoing at the point I breached NLR.

You seemed to have been wrapped up in the moment and completely forgotten what had happened before (ie your death). How will you go about avoiding breaking this rule again? 

@Alfred

In order to prevent breaking NLR in the future, I would do a few things.

First of all, I would respawn at the furthest possible spawn from my point of death, this will fully ensure I am as far away as possible from the previous situation, making it nigh on impossible to re-enter my NLR area.

Secondly, after respawning I would place a map marker on my point of death, from here I would then to be safe, not go within 2km of my point of death, this extra kilometre that I will take will ensure I avoid any possible situation relating to the events prior to my death.

Using the time between my NLR beginning and ending I would go and find a group of people to interact with, be it Kavala GreenZone or the Airport. By investing time in other stories and scenarios, my NLR will be over in no time and I may find that the new situation I am involved in may be better than the previous one.

If in the event I am riding in a passenger seat of a vehicle, I will notify the driver of my NLR and mark it for them so they do not accidentally take me within my NLR zone. Taking this extra precaution will be another step to ensuring I do not breach NLR in the future.

I completely support your ban. You made some silly rule breaks that could have been avoided but I believe they were done harmlessly and there was no malicious intent behind any of your actions. 

I truly believe that you know what you have done wrong. That is clear from what you have put in your appeal. I could continue to ask you questions on things that you have done wrong but i already know that you know the answers. Like i have said before you know what you have done wrong and i do not believe you will make the same mistakes again.

UNBANNED:​

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back