What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Dest1ny - 13/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest1ny

In-game Name
Dest1ny

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
13/10/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Vladic_Ka

Reason given for your ban.
VDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
The VDM initially was not the problem, there was a minor accident in Kavala and as I was driving down the right hand side of the road near the market square a Quilin pulled out on to the Zebra crossing, we collided and the occupants of the Quilin died, there was no explosion. I retired my vehicle inside the Kavala garage and proceeded back to where the accident occured. I wasn't aware of who or how many people died in the crash before I was taken by the ADMIN. Me and Vladic had a brief discussion about the situation and for some reason he was quite hostile with me as I would not conceed the fact that this eventuality was an accident and nothing malicious. I asked Valdic why I was being banned and he said it what because I had previous Battlemetric warnings and I didn't apologise to the occupants of the vehicle even though I could not tell who was in the vehicle as lots of people were on the ground before, during and after the situation transpired, not because of the VDM itself.

Why should we unban you ?
I had been helping people all day, bringing injured civilians and police officers back to Kavala to seek medical attention. Nothing I did today was conducted with malicious intent or hostility. I believe I was targeted by Vladic for his own personal agenda. There were no player reports of me abusing or breaking any kind of rule what so ever and I feel that Vladic used his power unjustly. During everything that was discussed between me and Vlad he was drinking and livestreaming everything and I do not condone this publication to be available for everyone to see. I feel as an ADMIN you should not conduct yourself in this way regardless of loyalty or position. I was not rude or obstinate during our discussion I just found myself perplexed as to why he wanted to take the situation to such an extreme. I can't say that this will never happen again because the rule (VDM) that was used on my ban info was never broken intentionally or to a degree that Vladic insists, this was all just a big misunderstanding and primarily an accident. Even though this may not help my ban appeal because I feel the weight underneath personal agenda, I question the integrity of Vladic_Ka and his approach to my dismissal. I apologise if anyone in the staff team feels that I have upset or offended them, this is not how I wanted my time here to end.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as you've made accusations towards a member of our Management I question the following:

You've had 2 warnings for your disgusting attitude towards staff. When you started talking back to Vladic in a condescending matter what exactly did you expect?

2 warnings make it a consistency, we typically don't waste time on people who try and get mouthy with members of Staff (let alone Management) so your lucky to have survived as is. Why should I even scratch the surface of this and not send you off to perm appeals, there you can vouch your story to Management instead.

I can't deny that I had some discrepancies with staff early on in my presence here at RoleplayUK and I do not glorify any warnings I may have had. This was a completely unrelated matter involving VDM which was the primary info on my ban. If my ban had something to do with Vladic's ego I was not informed. He was inebriated and was very short with me offering little to no respect beginning our conversation. I remain adamant that I was not condescending but trying to explain what had happened, he did not care what I had to say only that the resolve was a perm ban. The VDM was an accident and not even remotely admissable to a ban. I felt I was being judged unfairly and I could say more on the matter but it probably won't change the outcome. This biased intolerance amuses me and I wouldn't be suprised if this isn't the only time an Admin has made a mistake and tried to justify a dismissal with poor Battlemetric analysis. I wanted to be truthful because I thought I owed you that atleast. I fear that regardless of what I may or may not have said, management has already made up their mind. Before Vladic's instigation I was getting along very well and enjoying my time here at RoleplayUK. If my ban has nothing to do with VDM why skip formality and say it has everything to do with my behaviour. I have already apologised to the staff about my previous actions and if you feel like this triviality warrants my exile then I'm very disappointed. 

For goodness' sake, stop whining. You broke a rule, you got banned.

Answer these questions, please:

1. Why did you not stop your vehicle at the moment you crashed, and deal with the situation like a decent player would? Instead, you carried on driving away, like a common VDMer. Why?
  2. Why can you not see that your actions at the time of the incident would appear like VDM to any staff-member, irrespective of who it was. It was wholly correct of them to challenge you as a VDMer, given that you acted like one.
You might possibly have been able to explain it away as an honest at the time, and escape with a warning, but instead you chose to wriggle and argue, claim 'unfair decision' and then start slurring the reputation of the person who banned you. This is not the conduct of someone who is wholly innocent, in my opinion.

Answer those questions, please - and without saying another word about anyone else's conduct except your own.

I will answer these questions truthfully.

1. I did not stop my vehicle for fear that his Quilin might explode and I drove to the garage to store my vehicle because that's where I was headed before the accident. I did return to the scene instantly after I stored my vehicle to investigate. Admittedly I could have parked up and then enquired but ultimately it would not have changed the outcome. I was teleported before I could apologise to anyone. 

2. I was driving down my side of the road towards an already irratic traffic situation, there was a broken vehicle on the zebra crossing and as I proceeded past the obstruction a Quilin pulled out on to my side of the road and we collided. I find it incredibly hard to believe that I could be targeted for VDM if total concentration was used whilst observing the formality (player or admin). However I can see the discrepancy when I drove away making it look like it was an intentional act, but this is so far out of context I feel it is quite distant from the reality. My actual Roleplay was quite poor I must admit and not something I would usually do. You must understand that this was an accident and when I got pulled by an Admin and basically called a liar I was not impressed.

If you will allow me to return under the circumstances I will make sure the roleplay is done to a higher standard. I can't say that this will never happen again because this was an accident. If any of the staff feel like I have been unfair or disrespectful I am happy to rectify any relations.

Responding to your answers.

1 - I can accept that fear of an explosion is a legitimate reason to put a bit of distance between yourself and the crash. However you must accept that it can look like you're simply running away - the mark of a VDMer or a vehicle-troll. Instead of high-tailing it all the way to the garage and your own personal safety, you could, for example, have parked out of explosion range and waited a short while. Usually, if an explosion hasn't happened in 30-40 seconds or so, it's not going to happen. In some cases, although harmful and risky to yourself, it might even have been worth being a hero, going in and dragging the victims to safety, so they weren't exploded either. That would certainly not be the mark of a troll. Even if you had waited just out of range, and then dragged them to safety, it would've been obvious that you weren't just thinking about yourself, your gear, your vehicle. Which is how it looked.

2 - You're still wriggling here, albeit you're not pointing fingers quite so much at other people. Remember, whatever you might think about admins, they respond to trouble, they don't go causing it. Your phrase: "I find it incredibly hard to believe that I could be targeted for VDM if total concentration was used whilst observing the formality (player or admin)." is basically polite-speak for "I think the admin wasn't concentrating, and his assessment was wrong." With due respect, shut the fuck up! It's not your place to second-guess admin's decisions (it's even in the rules), and you can have absolutely no idea what the admin observed or did not observe prior, during, or after the incident. You don't know what they know. You don't see what they see. You don't have their experience of past incidents with VDMers and trolls and good players to fall back on and make judgements with. By necessity, judgements need to sometimes be made fast; we have a policy here of 'ban troublemakers fast, get them off the servers to protect other players, and if they are innocent or can be rehabilitated, we'll get them back on later, when it's safe'.

In all seriousness, your immediate responses to an admin will always very much guide their immediate reactions to you. Admins make a judgement call based on the evidence they have, and whether it was 100% right or 90% wrong is not your call, at that moment. That's what this ban appeal process is for.

You've said yourself that your roleplay was poor - that will have been noted too, and formed part of the judgement call. The admins' first duty in those situations is not to you. You're the perpetrator; the risk; the danger. Their duty is to the persons you killed and the wider server population; the people you might go on to kill either immediately, or five minutes later after you've wriggled your way out of the admin's clutches with some deft bullshit and a bit of social-engineering and pretend innocence. Our admins have seen it all before, and most of them have the fucking tee-shirt and cap-badge too. Sometimes admins will come down really heavy, in order to see how the perpetrator responds; it is sometimes an immensely revealing tactic, and can tell us much about the type of person they are dealing with, how they respect the rules, other players, and the staff team. They will also routinely check your previous bans and warnings to see what else this community has had to deal with as a result of that perpetrator's past action. You might think it's an interrogation; it's often not. It's a prelude to an immediate cleansing that is completed offline later. This is the only way that works.

People who get objectionable, who wriggle, who argue or who start calling admin decisions 'in the field' into question are generally sending signals about their unsuitability as players, and generally get chopped faster than those who accept their punishment, realise that it is being done 'for the greater good', and (although they may not be happy about it at all), realise that the best place to rectify the situation is in the ban-appeal. They realise that if they are genuine, take the rap for their actions (whether misconstrued or not) they'll get a chance to explain, get rehabilitated and return. If they are truly, truly 100% innocent, the ban will be revoked and their record will remain clean. In your case, whatever happens now with regard to the vehicle-crash incident being VDM or not, your rap sheet is going to carry a black mark about your disrespect of the admins and their decisions - and not for the first time - and this was wholly avoidable, if you had just been the bigger, wiser man instead of arguing and attempting to put your mistakes on to someone else.

I am not going to make a decision on your case right this minute - and I may in fact leave that to others. Be patient while we decide. You will serve some timeout, at the very least. I am not yet entirely confident that you 'get it', because your second paragraph still made reference to other people's mistakes (albeit in a roundabout, less aggressive, but still passive-aggressive way) rather than entirely focusing on YOUR mistakes alone, like I asked you to. 

Any responses you make hereafter will almost certainly have a massive bearing on the outcome, so tread very, very carefully.

I've said my peace and I don't appreciate your rudeness of "shut the fuck up". I thought a man of your position would have a little more discipline.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very sad that you took this approach, but it merely serves to prove, in full public view, what some people evidently already suspected:

You are clearly not the type of player that this community needs or wants.

Please find another server to play on.

1.6 Community Ban to be issued. No appeal/unban within six months minimum.

Good day, sir.

Although your appeal has been Denied, please give the rules a thorough read here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back