What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - [FL] GeorgeTheBoy (Unbanned 23/07/15)

GeorgeTheBoy

Dear Admins 

[FL] GeorgeTheBoy has opened an un-ban appeal

Your In-game name: George
Your Steam Profile ID: georgetheboy
Your GUID or Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44756355
Date & Time you was banned:: 22:40 18/07/2015
Admin that banned you (Check ban message when you connect to the servers): Connall
In your own words, Why do you think you was banned: My ban says it is for VDM. I honestly didn't expect it to be for that (please see 'Please give reasons why we should give you a final chance' section).

It must be because I hit a person while trying to escape a possible robbery. If I did, then yeah, the ban was just but the VDM wasn't intentional as all I wanted to do was escape as we had a fair amount of money on my person. There were three people in front of my vehicle pointing weapons. The vehicle was one of the big trucks so I tried my best to escape by turning as much to the left and speeding off. If I wasn't in as much danger then I would have revered and then left but I didn't want to take the risk of being immediately executed as I didn't know the strength of the truck.

I tried to turn the vehicle as much as possible, that I swear. I didn't see myself hit anybody and I made off as quickly as possible. I have seen people get banned in the past for VDM so I know it is not allowed.

EDIT: After speaking to the person who was also in the truck, I am being told that I hit someone under my truck? I'm honestly not sure who I hit so could the admin please clear up who I hit?
Please copy and paste the rule you think you broke: 3A) VDM - Vehicle Death Match Definition:

Using your vehicle for running people over, using it to ram into other vehicles in and outside combat, using a vehicle with the purpose of making it explode are all considered a form of VDM here (Punishment is a ban)

However using the following vehicles to immobilise each other (eg. Hunter VS Ifrit or Strider VS Ifrit etc) is permitted in roleplay for whitelisted factions or people in ownership of a rebel membership - Hunter/Strider/Ifrit
Please give reasons why we should give you a final chance: I'll be honest, I haven't read the rules until just now - which I know is bad. When I was banned I thought it would be for something called FearRP which is a rule commonly found on other roleplay servers on various games. After reading through the rules and reconnecting I found out that it wasn't for FearRP as it doesn't exist here. I was aware that VDM wasn't allowed as I had seen other people get banned for the that reason (as said above).

Honestly though, I didn't purposely go out of my way to break the rules and it was in no way intentional. Not to pull the noob card but I haven't been playing long and am only just getting into Altis Life. I have been playing the last few days and have been having a lot of fun.

I haven't had a run-in with an admin while here and have generally been a rule abiding player. I understand that if I hit someone (even by accident) that can be ban worthy. I just hope you see that I had no bad intentions and did not plan to use my vehicle as a weapon.

I hope you can see my honesty in this form and are willing to give me another chance on your servers. I really want to cook my first major batch of meth.

Thank you for reading this and doing your job extremely well,
George
If your ban reason is "Forum Report - Date Here" then search the forums for your in-game name and that date and insert the URL below:

NOTE TO MEMBER, This unban appeal will be looked at in due course, Please note there are no timeframe's

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I was the admin that banned you. The reason for the ban was you running over EXP Endrogen while he was requesting that you get out of the vehicle just outside of the Agios fuel station.

I was the passenger to George's vehicle during this whole situation so maybe I can add some details for you admins to analyze and judge for yourselves.  The people who George actually hit were literally right infront of our car, and that vehicle doesnt not have responsive steering at all. We were in first person and the dashboard of the vehicle is so high up we could barely see him by the time we started moving.

In all honesty, it seems like this was just a misinterpreted VDM. George didnt mean to run anyone over, as the person asking us to get out of the vehicle was threatening to shoot us otherwise. We naturally panicked and tried driving away, to end up accidentally running someone over. I hope you all take our side of the story into consideration and we're really sorry for any trouble we have caused you all.

Yours Truly,

WorldWideCoffee

Ah, I see now. 

As I said in the original post it really wasn't intentional. I turned as much as possible but it mustn't have been enough. I honestly did not see myself hit anyone and I understand that if I did then you have every right to issue a ban.

I just hope you can see that it was not done purposefully as I was merely trying to get away from the armed men. 

Ok now we have your VDM sorted out tell me who gave you your money?

I can't remember his name but he was a police officer. I told him I was a new in town after he helped me repair my vehicle after someone rammed me off the road.

He asked for name and details and he transferred £400,000 to my account.

You need to remember his name or this ban will be a perm one. It was £500k btw.

You need to remember his name or this ban will be a perm one. It was £500k btw.
What? Why?

It was the first time I've played and someone said they would give me a helping hand, we only spoke for a few minutes. Surely there are some sort of logs to check as you know the amount? All I can remember is that he was police officer who had something "[SPC]" in his name who helped me when my car was damaged. I asked him the best way to make a living in this town and he recommended Peach farming before driving off.

Is receiving money against the rules because if it is then please remove it from my person as I honestly just want to play again - I don't mind starting over. I really don't think a permanent ban is fair for simply receiving money? I only started playing on your servers last week and I really don't want my time here to be this short.

Please reconsider and I'll try to provide as much information to assist you as possible.

To help the player possibly remember me:

My car had a tyre missing and I shouted for you as you drove past, you turned around, stopped and asked what the problem was. I explained that I had been rammed off the road and how I could fix my car. You said something like "Do you have a toolkit?" and I replied saying I did not. You then said "Don't worry, I'll do it for you this one time as I'm fast at doing it". I thanked you greatly and as you were repairing asked how to start out making money, you said to start peach farming as it was up the road on the left. You then asked for my name and said you would send me some starting money. I thanked you again and you left in your police car.

I really hope this helps @puppy1004 remember if it was me he encountered, if it wasn't him then I hope that whoever it was stumbles across this thread and can vouch.

I can't recall giving anybody money for a crashed car(I don't tend to stop). Again, me giving away 500K is very very very unlikely. If I give hobo's money, it will be around 75-100K.

Sorry, George, I just don't recall giving any money away to a guy that crashed down a road.

I can't recall giving anybody money for a crashed car(I don't tend to stop). Again, me giving away 500K is very very very unlikely. If I give hobo's money, it will be around 75-100K.

Sorry, George, I just don't recall giving any money away to a guy that crashed down a road.
Darn, that's a shame. Your name didn't sound too familiar if I'm honest. Thanks for replying to the thread though :)

Is there anything in the logs about who gave me the money by any chance?

Unfortunately there are too many people duping money here and someone who has no money making licenses and gets a large amount of cash will always be suspicious too us. I will leave this open for 24 hours for you to remember the name but thats as much as I can do.

Unfortunately there are too many people duping money here and someone who has no money making licenses and gets a large amount of cash will always be suspicious too us. I will leave this open for 24 hours for you to remember the name but thats as much as I can do.
The only reason I don't have a money making license is because WorldWideCoffee (commented further up the thread) was going to buy the marijuana license as I bought the truck, it was our agreement. In fact, WorldWideCoffee at the time was saving money to buy a meth license as we realised how much money we could make. We were just trying to both chip in.

If me having the money is an issue, then please remove it. I'm happy to start again as I just want to play. I will even take screenshots of my money everyday to show you I'm not cheating.

Surely you must know the person as you could see the amount transferred to me? I'm not sure how detailed the logs are here.

Can I at least see a list of the current police officers in case a name rings a bell? It was only a few minute encounter that happened days ago. It's not something that stuck with me.

I understand you are doing your job and that you must come across these cases often so if this is denied, will I never be allowed to re-appeal? Or can I at a future date?

EDIT: Just so you know, we had processed weed before and made some money from it. We were just tired of having to pay £7,500 each time. I think we made at least £80-£100K from it between us.

Back