What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - GDZ - 04/07/2017 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDZ

In-game Name
SSgt. gdZ [UNMC]

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/04/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Caitlin

Reason given for your ban.
Teleporting, although appeal was denied due to "Denying this due to the racist terms I've heard you use"

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was originally banned for teleporting although it was denied due to the reason I've stated above. I will quote the rule now.

(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

Why should we unban you ?
After my denied appeal I had a conversation with Vladic in which I tried to explain to him that I am in no way a racist person. We ended the conversation with the conclusion that I should put in a new appeal in which I should try and explain what I said and why I said it.

The racist comments that are being referred to in the denied appeal, come down to me saying ''Houston, you little N word''. Houston is a good friend of mine and I chose to greet him this way for the sole purpose of banter. In my daily life outside the PC room, I hang out a lot with people of various ethnic backgrounds and a lot of my close friends are black people. We hang out and we listen to music and as a result of modern popular culture, the use of the N word
has become normalized in the (sub)culture that I am part of. I am not saying people should just accept this and not feel insulted by the word, it is anyone's right to feel that way. I am merely pointing out that the intention was never to be racist.

I understand it is a word that carries a lot of stigma and will always be connected with the wrong time in history. But intention and context are of the essence when one is using words like this. There is a big difference between saying this in a malicious way to a person you do not know and saying it in a cheerful way to a friend, or for example, using it in music. We all know that there is music, popular music, in which this word gets used the same amount of time the word ''love'' was used in music in the 60's..

I do not believe saying a word in an attempt at banter makes me a racist. Racism is a vile way of thinking, something that shows in many ways in a person's behaviour. I have never portrayed racist behaviour, I have never insulted people for their color, their ethnic background or whatever discriminatory characteristic and I never will.

If I am to be unbanned, I will stay on the safe side and refer from using the word at all when it comes to online environments. It is just too hard to make sure people understand there is no harmfull intention when it is said online.

While I take full responsibility for having said what I said, I want to make it clear that I greeted Houston this way in what I felt was a private environment with people I trusted. If someone really had a problem with me saying that I wish they would have said so then and there and I would have apologised and made mental note never to do so again, for I never meant to insult or hurt anyone by saying it. Now however, instead of going the easy way it was recorded and sent to management with intentions that shall never be clear to me.

In this conversation there was also spoken about a new community which has been founded. Some people who got banned on RPUK at that time were people I consider to be friends and
people I like playing with. They joined up there and more people, all for their own reasons which are not mine to discuss, also left the community and said they would go to this new community. In the heat of the moment I made a account there. Once General Blaze heard about what is generally referred to as ''the drama'', he came to have a chat with anyone in UNMC who was connected to the people involved or who was involved themselves. Doing what he does, he calmed me down and set everyone straight who had the wrong ideas in their heads. Some people were thinking of leaving, for the wrong reasons and they were talked out of doing anything rash. I am ashamed to admit I was one of those people. After having been shown the wrongs of my thinking, I realized I did not want to leave this all behind.

As I said in my original appeal, my ban was for teleporting.. Which is a incredibly stupid thing for me to have done, with my experience. It was a spur of the moment decision that I regretted as soon as I made it. I am fully aware of the teleport rule and understand why it has been put in place. Teleporting has no place on a serious Roleplay server, it is highly unrealistic, it gives you a unfair advantage over other and it denies others who may have set up a trap for you, guessing which route you would take, the fair chance of capturing you and instigating Roleplay with you. I sincerely promise I will never do this again and will follow all rules to the letter.

I have been part of this community for two years and it feels like my online home. I could not seriously see myself be part of anything else than this and sincerely hope that my explanation is enough to convince you guys that I am not a racist person and that I am very sorry for the way this turned out. I really hope I can get a chance to prove that I can be part of this community with only adding positive input and good roleplay.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Ok so I don't want to drag out the racism part of this appeal too much as I can see you understand that in the manner it was used no matter how much you didn't want/mean to offend anyone, the word in itself is not a word that is tolerated in any of its meanings. I and many others in this community have grown up in this same culture you speak of and some (not all) have never even uttered the words so while I understand that you were using it in a situation you felt was comfortable and surrounded with similar minded people it should not matter. 

Ok next, Teleporting. Like you say you have been here for a long time... This is a simple rule that not only breaks your own immersion in which roleplay is made for but also everyone else involved. With the amount of active staff we have now you should realise we are cracking down on this sort of thing. Regardless of this it should have never become an issue and we have to ask ourselves how long this has been going on. I hate to see old members offending on the simplest of rules as I have a lot of respect for the server and like to see others have the same feelings. 

What made you feel that the teleporting was necessary? 

Thank you for seeing it like that as I can completely understand how it would look for someone who is not around our sort of culture. 

I'm going to be completely honest with you, at that time I did feel like it was necessary due to the fact that it saved me a lot of time heading from a to b. Since my ban it's been a real wake up call for me as I've been a dedicated member of this community for 2 years and I have never had any problems when it comes to bans. I would like to add that this wasn't a regular thing from me, it was late and I was tired, although this does not justify my actions and I take full responsibility for what I have done.

Just to clarify when I say I understand that things can be uttered during times you feel you are with friends I DO NOT condone it. 

I just struggle to understand why you would jeopardise your position in the community for a 5 - 10 minute drive.. It is not the worst offence this server has seen by any stretch of the imagination but its a simple avoidance.

I understand that it's a petty rule to break, I have been here for two years and know the rules very well. I did it because I wanted to save time which I know is stupid as I knew what could of happened and in this case I was banned.

I understand the amount of effort admins put into the server and for me to ruin it by teleporting is idiotic. I now understand the risks that go with teleporting and would advise anyone whoever thinks about it DON'T. You have my word that this will not happen again if I was given another chance. Being banned has made me realize how much this place means to me and staying banned would be a real shame.

There is no other community like this place and I wouldn't ever take the risk of getting banned again. I have many friends on this server and want to make new ones in the future. My lesson has been learnt and I wont do it again nor break any other rule.

@Randomized

Last edited by a moderator:
As Randomized said; to jeopardize your position for the sake of a 5-10 minute drive is not worth it. Although it's not the worst rule break there is, it's still a rule break nonetheless and the punishment is a ban, which you have clearly experienced. 

I am going to give you another chance to play on our Servers. Before I let you go, let me give you some advice, @GDZ

• Never take the easy way out of anything. In the 5-10 minutes it would have taken you to travel to Kavala, you could have encountered the best roleplay you've ever had on our Servers.
  • I am not going to say much on the topic but remember, the word you used that got your previous unban appeal denied is not acceptable here.
It'll be very disappointing if I end up regretting this decision. 

Unbanned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back