What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Greasy - 12/03/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greasy

Unlinked
In-game Name
Greasy

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
11/03/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Gordon

Reason given for your ban.
DPI Glitching

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Honestly, I don't know why I was banned for DPI glitching as I personally feel as though I did nothing wrong, however a Staff Member's opinion was different which quite obviously led to my ban.
I know what DPI glitching is and did not attempt to do it. Yes I ran round a cop quickly, but nothing like you'd expect to be banned for, especially if the cop managed to taser me within seconds and a friend said it looked nothing like DPI Glitching (probably because it wasn't).

Why should we unban you ?
I feel as though I have been treated unfairly, and as though the Staff Member looked for every possible chance to find a reasonable reason to ban me.
I have been away from the community for a few months now and concentrating on real life situations, however I have played recently with a friend for the sole purpose of entertainment and fun. I have not come back with bad intentions like others so really don't understand why I have been banned.

I'm hoping there is a video to back up the accusations as on my screen I was not spamming my mouse back and forth as much as stated. I am aware of the lag that Arma can have (you learn a lot of stuff in 2,800 hours) and also know its limits where stuff starts looking crazy.
Please understand that I have no bad intentions, especially after spending a good 2,500 hours on this community as a whole, and would never do anything to impact anyone's experience. I still truly believe that I did not break the given rule, but I suppose it is what it is.

Thanks!

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

As stated, I hope there is a video from the Staff members perspective as I don't record anymore. If there isn't a video then I suppose there's not really anything I can do to prove my innocence other than be honest and hope for the best.

Although I still can't see a specific rule for DPI Glitching (suppose it falls under the exploits), I understand what it is and how it can effect the scenario. As stated multiple times, I have no bad intentions and was simply having fun with police officers. I obviously apologise for any inconvenience that I somehow may have caused and don't plan on doing it again.

Thanks!

Although I still can't see a specific rule for DPI Glitching (suppose it falls under the exploits)
Would you expect a specific rule for the various names of different hacks, Arma exploits and RPUK glitches/exploits? C’mon, don’t play that card.

From what I have read on your appeal you feel as though Gordon has gone out of his way, for whatever reason and clutched at straws to get you banned? Have you always felt this way, or only regarding this situation?

I'm not playing any cards, I simply said there is no specific rule for DPI Glitching so I appointed it to what I feel is appropriate.

I don't necessarily believe he went out his way, but certainly felt as though I have been treated unfairly. It was evident that I was there for the roleplay and entertainment (shame there's no video to prove).

Thank you!

I feel as though I have done nothing wrong, as stated multiple times, hence the way I feel. The situation was like any other with police and I was just enjoying myself with a friend having fun with the officers. Upon being told to stop, I said something along the lines of ‘stop or be tazed’ and I replied with something such as ‘catch me if you can’. I proceeded to run around the officer at a fairly high speed after attempting to get into the taxi which was called for us.

After no more than five seconds of running, I was tazed which indicated either the cop trying to taser me is beyond accurate, or I was clearly not doing anything out of the ordinary, certainly not bannable.

As said, I don’t necessarily feel as though I’ve been treated unfairly, but definitely feel as though the outcome was one sided. I would have expected a Level 2 Member of Staff to atleast get a higher level members opinion before carrying out the ban, or at least drag me aside and inform me of what I may or may not have done wrong.

At the end of the day, there probably isn’t enough time to pull everyone aside and tell them if they might have broken a rule, but when the said rule has most probably not been broken I would surely expect it.

Thanks!

Problem we have here is a "Him v Her" situation. Now, you may feel you've been singled out, but sadly we've been dealing with more and more people using DPI to avoid being shot, we've sadly become quite well at identifying people using the exploit. 

At the moment you appeal seems to be trying to shout foul play, that you've been wronged, and we're hunting you. That's not the case. Gordon did what he thought was right, with your previous ban for Restraining and Zipties abuse maybe speaking to you might not have impacted you the same as speaking. 

Quote the rules that you think this ban comes under and explain them in your own rules. 

Thanks for the reply.

I am not shouting foul play, I am simply stating that in my opinion the ban was uncalled for. When I have been banned in the past, it has been for reasonable reasons, but this on the other hand has me baffled. Usually in the response to "how will you avoid this if we unban you", I would respond with a detailed explanation for my self et cetera, but this... unfortunately there is nothing. I'm not saying this to defend myself, but quite frankly I can not learn from what I have done 'wrong' as I truly believe I've done nothing malicious. The only alternative to this situation is to completely let go of the mouse and hold 'W', hoping for the best.

Gordon did what he thought was right
He did precisely, but i'm sure many others have different (and same) opinions. Putting myself in his shoes, I suppose I understand the ban if he thinks i'm in the wrong. However, if you put yourself in my lovely Christian Louboutin's, I was having fun with a friend, roleplaying with police officers, just your usual scenario. I have already said and will keep saying this, but I had no bad intentions and didn't mean to cause any inconvenience to anyone. If I somehow affected the experience for another, I would surely understand this more, but providing the officer managed to taser me almost instantly and continue with what was going on (before getting banned) I see no harm done.

Surely there is some leeway for these occurrences, especially when someone accidentally slips up and maybe spun his mouse a bit too quick, but if there isn't then so be it.

I believe the DPI Glitching rule falls under - (2.4) Using any exploits such as looting dead bodies, duplication of items or money, using the ‘Flip Vehicle’ feature outside of its intended purpose, transferring / processing items through walls and windows,and locking doors that have been broken into before 10 minutes have passed, IE those that have been bolt-cut. Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal. If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not be abused in the future.

Basically, using anything to benefit yourself which couldn't possibly happen in reality.

Thank you once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, I'm happy to unban you, but listen to my warning. I don't want to see you get banned again withing 2 months, don't appeal it, wait the 6 months. 

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back