What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Jim87878 - 04/23/2017 (Unbanned 02/05/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim87878

In-game Name
(AMW) James Moat

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/22/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
SI Aiden

Reason given for your ban.
4.2, Name tags. Identifying a player in game using the name or tags above their head to influence a decision in game.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/85788-report-a-player-tck-jimmy-tck-caisey-poorlow-quality-rp-action-taken/

Me and my friend had hired a new recruit 2 days prior to this situation (Viral). As with all AMW members when they have reached a certain point we use an initiation method to full recruit them in the gang, usually a laugh and just a test to see how they deal with the situation. This initiation is usually a robbery of a fuel station (with our back up if things go south) or a hostage situation. Before the start of the video used as evidence for this report we decided it was time for Viral to ziptie his first hostage. Anyway, before the video starts we had been on about the gang he used to be in TSM and Redemption and we were on about how both had got disbanded recently and we had people we had dealt and new within these gangs and that a lot had left to TCK. When we spotted our target (Happened to be Jimmy a TCK member) we began our initiation, Viral did not have a gun and was his responsibility to zip tie as his initiation etc. We zip tie him, I am telling Rob (only one with Dodgy Dave) to make sure before we put him in the car we take his GPS because he forgets sometimes as we can be a bit forgetful #420. So i state 'Take his GPS and move him away, he's TCK' - (AMW) James Moat TS 1m13s. I was banned under rule 4.2 as apparently me stating he was TCK regarding a conversation we had been on about in TS affected our actual decision in game "metagamed his group and used this to influence how you played by taking his comms and moving him from that area as you are aware he'll have friends possibly responding to his abduction." (Is the actual reason for the ban).

Why should we unban you ?
When we take people hostage especially next to a main road, we do not zip tie them and leave them right next to the main road of Kavala where police drive past regularly, regardless of if they are a hobo or not, we are not stupid and don't want to go to prison, it was our hostage initiation. I cant really see how me mentioning for a split second hes TCK in TS to my friends, regarding we were on about it a few seconds before the increase in numbers of TCK members and with the fact we were taking him hostage/robbing him next to the Kavala garage meant that we "purposely moved him out the area due to his affiliation" (Changed our plans, which we did not) no one even acknowledge or cares in the TS lobby that I said he was TCK we were taking him somewhere scheduled to carry out the robbery so we didn't get caught, like any normal rebel. We decide to make some good RP by giving him a phone to text his members as a ransom, in hindsight with the poor RP we should have just messaged them ourselves or robbed him and left him as he clearly couldn't be bothered to have some banter or RP and me mentioning hes TCK has been deemed metagaming. I thoroughly respect all Admins in this community, you do not get paid, you have a unwhitelisted server usually at the top of the server list meaning you have numerous people who think RP is wasteland yet you still have the integrity to do your work and you d it well meaning most of the time the community and in game experiencees are amazing.

I think I should be unbanned because I can understand slightly in the context that me mentioning on TS he was TCK looks as though we "changed" our plans to rob him by moving him away. However there was a helicopter landing at the garage over the road which could clearly see us and our plan was to always take him away from a high density area to get better RP for our initiation and our own safety. Me metagaming his name wasn;t really metagaming, it all happened as was planned before the video starts, I just mentioned make sure you have defo removed his GPS and "o hes in TCK as well now", nothing had changed due to the fact he was TCK therefore no meta-game.

On top of this I have obviously learnt, once initiation has started don't carry on normal conversations in TS with gang members regarding other aspects because if evidence is posted it can come across as meta-gaming which is understandable to some degree, if this was lets say 2km east of Pygros, but on Kavala main road I mean comon we were obviously going to move him to rob him.

Our gang prides ourselves on the fact we all started off asking them "silly" simple questions like how do i put my hands up (while being robbed) in OOC haha, and if you knew our gang, over half our recruits if not more are people who we have been robbing in game and then realised they are new to the server, have some banter and could do with some help. I have played for over a year and a half but more so over the last 5 months, I have never been called to TS regarding a situation, I have asked others but never myself and have never been reported except my first mistake (I clearly VDM'd someone and then RDM'd Lincoln as he was robbing my friend in the first 2 days of me playing, I had no clue I had done something wrong but you live and learn) . I am pretty knowledgeable on the rules imo, I rob multiple times a day and my initiation, my RP and everything is of high standards, this I believe is an isolated incident where Aiden has seen the evidence and it has show three words which has led to a ban which had no effect to what we were doing in game. I could have been on about how good chocolate is, it would not have made a difference that we were going to take a guy hostage and move him away to rob him and turned into a hostage ransom due to HIM saying he was in TCK when we questioned that he had made a call in saying he had been robbed.

(On a side not Viral who was also banned due to stating 4 members were online and that he knew it was cheating, we did not respond to this information, we do these initiations exactly for reasons like this so after we can say "O Viral btw even though you said yourself its cheating just don't do it again mate" this is how me and Rob run our gang and leads to us being called a hobo gang)

I hope I can get unbanned because I love this server and community and everything about it (when I have the time to play). I do not break rules and if I do its a mistake I learn from like this for example.

Thanks,
(AMW) James Moat.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Very muchly appreciate the effort made here. It's good to see you understand, although seem t disagree to an extent,  why you were banned.

Can you give me a broader explanation of what metagaming entails please

Ye, when I had actually posted my unban appeal, I realised I hadn't added everything I wanted and didn't want to bump :/.

I will put my hands up (shift j :p) regarding 4.2 I was and still am the slightest bit unclear as to the extent of the rules and will explain.

Regarding the actual explanation into how I understand it: 4.2, so metagaming is using information that you can gather in game i.e chat feed, peoples names, gang tags, location from chat feed, number of police or members online etc and then using that information in the game to do something based on that information. A few examples would be seeing "how much is copper proccesor liscence" in side chat and then using this to decide to go to copper proccesor to rob as you know the person is going to go there. Another example could be if you were taken hostage, stripped of your belongings, radio GPS, then telling your friends out of game or in group chat in game "guys I am being taken hostage in a black quilin by ..... to .....", could also vbe if you were downed in an active gang gun fight and you start giving information like "there is 2 people on my body kill them". Really there are numerous ways in which you can metagame but the summary of the rule on the website explains it best imo. Using ANY information that is not gathered through Roleplay to influence yourself or others in their decisions in game. 

Where I fall short is after receiving the ban, I joined support over the week to speak to 3 different admins (not to speed up the process but for an insight, i am intrigued ). This is new to me, I was curious and still am, that if you are to see someone you know from a different gang, their name tag for example while you drive past them,  lets for example say I drive past my friend Finley and im in the car with 2 mates and TS with said 2 mates and I say "othats Finley there" or could be anyone you might know, Have i "metagamed", because I have used his name tag to find his name. So I say that and do not do anything with that information is it classed as metagaming? When asked Jefke, Greggory and another Admin they all seemed to say that really its not the best practice but talking about seeing someone who is your friend/enemy whatever, in a casual conversation its not really metagame as long as that does influence anything. Another example i guess is if i see in the logs or chat feed whatever "Romly has killed ...(someone we killed or robbed an hour ago" and I say that to my friends  something like, "o shit that poor guys just been killed again" is it metagaming, because I am using information and making it clear to my friends I know hes just been killed but it hasn't and wont change anything in game. I would really like an input on this side of things as thats where i fall short on, because the rule is kind of vague and I thought it was only really metagaming if it disrupted the gameplay or changed/influenced  a situation. Hence kind of why I disagreed with the ban, let me add however if I was the staff dealing with the report ye I could state it influenced out decision, but as explained we weren't going to rob someone where people and police walk/drive past regularly. I was just an idiot for leaving my TS on after the initatial initation which I do not usually do, no one fricking told me it was still on even with the annoying echo! 

thanks for taking the time to read all my writing! And yes I put a lot of effort as I say I love ALRP #bestRPserver going and want to get back playing with my gang in the spare time i have :). Peace x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back