What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Jim87878 - 08/12/2016 (unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim87878

In-game Name
James

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
12/08/2016

Member of the team that banned you.
The Soldier

Reason given for your ban.
VDM - RDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
My friend was driving his Offroad in Kavala and there was a dead man on the floor waiting to be revived, my friend drove over him so it looked like VDM, Lincoln tried to pull my friends offroad over to explain the rules to him as we were a noobs at the time (only been playing a few hours game time). I was coming back with my first full truck of copper in my brand new zamtec to the trader and my friend was up ahead scouting out the trader for rebels, so we did not get robbed as it was our first big truck load. While Lincoln tried to pull my friend over I was behind and heard in group chat someone was ramming him, all i saw and heard was shooting and I accidently crashed my Zamte and VDM'd Lincoln shooting my friend. I like a fool didn't RP or let Lincoln get up in time and shot in response. I did commit VDM and RDM but it was because I did not fully understand the rules.

Why should we unban you ?
I have now downloaded Teamspeak and had a big conversation with Lincoln about the whole mishap, he says no compensation is needed and we spoke and he was actually really forgiving of me and gave me some good tips on how to appreciate the server and RP more. He has accepted my apology as I was just starting out on Altis Life and wasn't fully used to all the rules. From now on I know the rules well and want to be a part of the community again so I can play with my friends and start my copper running business again. Watching numerous videos and looking at other ban reports during this period I understand fully how to play in this serious community. You will not see me on the report a player list again as i appreciate and enjoy playing on the server and was just a noob/hobo with little understanding and no teamspeak to get a better understanding from the more experienced ALUK players, and messed up in the instance with Lincoln. I now have reread the rules and understand that my actions on my first day deserved a ban but now understand the consequences and will never Shoot without initiation first. :) I really hope I can get unbanned as I enjoy playing on the server, the community and the RP involved, I was just not used to the full initiaion rule with coming from playing wasteland for over 2 years but have a much better understanding of the rules after rereading them and speaking with Lincoln, who has offered to show me the ropes more if this appeal goes through. Everyone makes mistakes, especially starting a new life in ALUK and mine has led to a ban within days, but as the saying goes, theres a reason they put a rubber on the end of pencils, everyone makes mistakes and I have learnt from it.

Edit: Lincoln has liked it as proof he accepts my apology as he cannot comment due to the rules. 

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
You have admitted that you have RDMed and VDMed, in your own words please explain these rules.

Furthermore, in the video you also clearly broke RP and targeted [PLF] Lincoln because he reported you, care to explain these actions also?

RDM is killing someone in game without any initiation, allowing any roleplay, it is just shooting people for no reason at all. For exampe, if you were to rob someone without making a RP experience and just shooting to steal there money would be RDM.

VDM is using your vehicle as a weapon, wether that be driving someone over or using it to damage someone elses car. For example running someone over who is in the road.

both of which are not allowed as the server  is a serious RP community where high quality Roleplay is expected and not a shoot em up.

When I broke RP it was not to target Lincoln in a mean way, it was OOC, regarding compensation and I should not have broke RP, you can see I put my gun away and told the other hostage to be free as I really wanted to apologise once I realised my friends had robbed him, but the police came. I was RPing with the police about my gun until server restarted from then. I should not have done this especially as I should have forgotten these memories in game as well New Life rule. Since then I have downloaded Teamspeak and understand the importance of it to deal with disputes. I understand it was wrong and as soon as Lincoln // to tell me in game I went back to character and RP as you might be able to hear in the video where I am roleplaying with the cops, it was a foolish mistake but as mentioned, since then I have a made a real effort to understand the rules and appreciate the RP that is possible in the server. I have spoken to Lincoln about the ordeal on Teamspeak and understand that I messed up, we went through to a room with an officer as well and he and the officer taught me all the rules and answered some questions I had regarding the VDM and RDM the previous day. Apart from understanding my mistakes that I made within less than 2 days of my first Roleplay gameplay, I can assure you I would never break these rules again and have cleared the issues up with Lincoln on Teamspeak which I should have done since the first problem so he could have advised me then, leading to being allowed to play and not a report filed against me, but I was a fool to not download TS and join him on there to resolve the issue at that time when asked. My only defences is that I was new to Roleplay all together, and except for the incodents with Lincoln, have tried hard to follow and understand the rules prior to these offences until the ban was enforced. I know I messed up but since then I have really gone out my way to appreciate the server and understand my mistakes and apologies to Lincoln. I have watched manya videos and streams and have a lot better understanding of what is expected, being banned from the server has shown me the consequences of breaking these rules and the punishment of not being able to play with my friend who has also just started RP has put me off playing ARMA as I already miss the server so much, I now just watch other people play to improve my RP if this ban gets unbanned. If I could go back in time I would have never VDM'd Lincoln and he could have informed us of the rules of VDM and none of this would have happened. I sincerely apologise to all those affected who I haven't been able to contact I.E the other members on the server whoose Roleplay I Interrupted and am a mature Adult who just wishes for a second chance to redeem myself and get out back to Altis RPing again as it has really grown on me so fast! and am fully aware of the rules now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise to follow all the rules from here on forward and know them extremely well compared to when the incident occurred. I can assure you this incident will never happen again. 

Thank you very much, will re-reread the rules and look foward to seeing you on the island! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back