What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Joe Malley - 04/02/2017 (Unbanned 06/04/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Malley

In-game Name
Cpl. Malley [UNMC]

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/02/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Sammuel Thompson

Reason given for your ban.
Killing in BZ

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Yesterday the UNMC were conducting an operation where we protected Betty as he took a dump on each police stations desk, at every turn we were confronted by police who from what we could tell wanted a gunfight, but we managed to avoid a fight until the Kavala police station. At Kavala I was sniping, and as we were leaving the team at the station started taking shots from officers who were inside the station. These officers were taking shots from inside the bluezone at our guys and after one was killed by general McTavish someone shouted through the comms, if the officers are shooting out you can shoot in. At first i hesitated until I personally saw one of our guys go down from an officer inside the station, then I took a shot at an officer who was up against the wall on the edge of the station it hit him and killed him. Then the gunfight continued as normal, and when i logged on today i was banned with no staff communication of report made against me.

Why should we unban you ?
I should be unbanned as this whole situation was very messy, throughout the whole operation both sides made mistakes, police shot out of BZ, some would even arguing that they were ruleplaying and such. Also I only shot one officer inside the bluezone and he was actively shooting out of it at the time, there were dozens of officers inside of the station that anyone of us could have easily taken out, but we were only shooting at the ones actively shooting out.

Also on another note I am going to make sure that these kinds of incidents dont happen again, for example in future operations I will always confirm that we can kill police or whoever we are attacking. I will also try to give clearer communications so that other members of the UNMC dont make same mistakes. This is my first ban during my year and a half of playing on this server, and I hope that I can continue to play on this server after this incident is put behind us. I will also welcome any chance to resolve with the officers or staff as I believe that this situation would be better resolved through speaking to one another as words cant really explain what happened very well.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
"I should be unbanned as this whole situation was very messy, throughout the whole operation both sides made mistakes, police shot out of BZ, some would even arguing that they were ruleplaying and such. Also I only shot one officer inside the bluezone and he was actively shooting out of it at the time, there were dozens of officers inside of the station that anyone of us could have easily taken out, but we were only shooting at the ones actively shooting out."

Then don't go to the station? it is truly not that hard to stay away from the bluezone hold some cop hostage and demand a trade. 

It's not ruleplaying, to assume you won't be shot in a zone where there are explicit rules with not being shot.

Actively shooting out with non-lethal bullets is not against server rules.

You seem to be denying the fact that you broke the rules with excuses maybe you should accept it and learn from it.

Actively shooting out with non-lethal bullets is not against server rules.
The cop that I shot at was firing out of the blue zone with a black rifle, that means it was either a spar-16 or an mx variant, both of these do not have the option for rubber bullets.

And in regards to the ruleplaying comment, i said that some would argue that it is, obviously from your point of view it was not rule playing, and as I am not staff I dont make up the rules so if you say it is not ruleplaying then I will not mention that again.

As for learning from my mistake I will say this, I fully understand that the bluezone is created to be a safe space for roleplay between cops and other members of the server, it is the same as the greenzone as it provides an area away from gangs that only have their mind on robbing, and I ruined that space by shooting into it. I thought my actions were justified as I was only shooting at cops who were firing out, but in actuality by doing this every cop in the station had to stop their roleplay and keep their heads down. This is what I feel was the main reason I was banned, I ruined the role play that other cops were having. So now I do understand what I have done wrong. In order to prevent a situation like this from occurring again I will try to be a part of more roleplay focused operations, instead of operations that will end in a gunfight, for example I could try and run an operation to get civillians involved with the UNMC, like a master chef competition for the bar at the checkpoint, that was just one of the top of my head.

If their is still any questions as to what I did in the situation I am always open to talk about in team speak, and would like to apologise to the cops who had their roleplay ruined by my actions.

The cop that I shot at was firing out of the blue zone with a black rifle, that means it was either a spar-16 or an mx variant, both of these do not have the option for rubber bullets.

5XV9qRa.png

You seem to be mistaken that is a mk20c which for a large part of this video has tracers loaded, until given the order to leave the BZ he switched at which point he didn't even leave stood there for about 20 seconds and got shot. In the bluezone.

I find it interesting how you still seem to be in denial about how wrong your actions were, pointing the finger and blaming everyone else!

I would add that you must have killed someone else in the bluezone for them to be carrying a spar-16 or mx variant. If a cop is firing out of the BZ with a lethal weapon I suggest that you follow the rules and report them instead of shooting and getting yourself banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot deny the evidence that you have provided me with, that cop indeed does have a mk-20. In response to this either two things could have occured, one I was mistaken when looking at the cop, or two I missed my shot and hit him instead. Both of these are yes my fault.

blaming everyone else!
Who else did I blame, I simply gave a reason for why I shot at the cop, and yes I did not expect that reason to excuse me from the blame I supplied my reason because I wanted to give a bit of backstory to the incident so that you could see my thought process. Anyhow as I said previously I now understand the severity of my action, I did not just ruin the roleplay for the cop I shot at, I ruined the roleplay for the whole police station as cops now had to worry about the threat that I and by extension the rest of the UNMC members present  posed to the roleplay that was happening inside of the station.

As for being in denial, I admit at first I was trying to excuse myself by deflecting the blame from myself to a collective, but I now realise that this whole situation could have been avoided if I had simply just waited a few more seconds. 

I suggest that you follow the rules and report them instead of shooting and getting yourself banned.
In the heat of the moment I thought that I was protecting my fellow UNMC, however next time if I get unbanned I will heed this advice and follow the rules set out by the server, as they are there for a reason. It has just occurred to me that this is a game, everyone here is playing to have fun, and a game is no fun if you essentially cheat to get an upper hand. The rules set by the server are there so everyone can enjoy themselves, so what if the UNMC lose a gunfight? It just shows that we need to practise and get better rather than having to resort to dirty methods to win. In future I will keep this mentality in my head whenever a situation is arising, as at the end of the day we are all their to have fun.

Once again Im sorry for the situation that was caused by me, I take full response ability for the mistakes that I made, and will look to better myself.

Can you quote me the rule that you broke and explain it in your own words.

(6.1) You are unable to kill anyone in a green or blue zone (Punishment is a ban)

This rules states that players are not able to kill another player inside of the green-zone or blue-zone, and also states that if someone does kill someone else in the bluezone or greenzone then it is punished by a ban. The rule does not give any exceptions, it says I cannot kill ANYONE and it does not give any exceptions to the rule, and I intend to fully follow this rule in the future, and if faced with the same scenario that got me banned, I will not act so quickly without thinking of the implications, I will instead deal with it the way it is meant to be dealt with, by following the rules of the server.

I am satisfied with your response, I hope you stick with what you have said just now in your appeal. 

Unbanned

Don't let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back