What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Jordy - 20/05/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

In-game Name
PC Jordyyyy

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
20/05/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Alfred

Reason given for your ban.
“Lagswitch”

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Well by the looks of things people were too quick to jump to a conclusion. I had a lag switch on my desktop and someone clipped it as I was streaming, because that’s just what people do these days. A few days later i uploaded a frag video to YouTube for my own entertainment and had a clip in it that some people think is lag switching, when In actually fact they are wrong. If it was a Lagswitch then the bullets would sound like a shotgun, you would see a yellow/red disconnect chain and well I don’t see either.

Why should we unban you ?
I didn’t do anything wrong, I had a Lagswitch yes, is that against server rules? No. Is it against server rules to use on the server? Yes, have I? No. I’m no stupid enough to use a Lagswitch on the one server that i spend ALL of my online gaming time on. There’s no reason to assume I’m lying as I’ve never given anyone a reason to assume I’m lying as this is my first “offence” and it’s not even an offence.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

From someone who has not seen what happened and knows nothing about you or the situation

My first question is why do you have a lag switch in the first place? Are you that shit at gaming?

I had a Lagswitch to mess about with on a privately hosted server with only friends on it. I’ve never used it to gain an advantage in a public session, I’ve also certainly never even thought about using it on this server, I’m not stupid enough to use it then upload a video using it. 

As for the “shit at gaming” why so aggressive? What have I possibly done wrong for you to be like that towards me? If I’d used it on the server I’d fully understand but I haven’t. 

I have 3 weeks left where I can play as freely as I want as my girlfriend is expecting a baby, I’m now going to spend this time appealing a ban that I was banned for unlawfully. 

@Wilco, thank you for your quick response. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How the fuck is shit at gaming aggressive.... Complex?

Ever heard the saying once a cheater always a cheater?, I do wonder why your using a lag switch on a private server with friends, Not really a nice thing to do is it ?

As for the lag switch on a private server we were all using it for a laugh, we were driving up and down on the airport in ifrits ramming each other etc. 

As for always being a cheater, I don’t know how much my word means to you but I’d never ever think of cheating on any server. In actual fact, chances of you believing me but I deleted the lag switch 2/3 days ago, as I don’t even use it anymore because I don’t speak to the friends I played with.  I spend 80% of my time online in game and 100% of my time in the TeamSpeak and the last thing I’d want is not to be able to play here again. 

As for the earlier comment I’m sorry for taking it the wrong way, again thanks for the fast reply @Wilco

I had a Lagswitch ... I’m not stupid enough to use it then upload a video using it. 
Possibly true, but you cannot deny you Twitch-streamed your desktop with the lagswitch app plainly visible on it. That is hardly the mark of a 'non-stupid' person, imho. And if you are 'non-smart' enough to do one of those things, it reasonably follows that you might be 'non-smart' enough to do the other.

You have to see it from our point-of-view. We do our level best to protect this community from hackers, cheaters, exploiters, etc. Knowing that one of our players not only possesses a lagswitch, but also values it highly enough to place it on their desktop (implying that it is used regularly/quickly-accessible, etc), causes us concern.

With all due respect, we do not require solid proof that you've actually used it here; we can merely make a determination that you are not the kind of player we wish to allow to access our community, on the basis that (a) you possess cheating tools (b) you admit to using them on some servers. For all we know, the promises you make about never using them here, and only using them for jollies with your friends who all use them too (a worrying prospect in itself, tbh), could be complete lies. You can no more substantiate that you don't use it here, than I can substantiate that you do! Except that I can prove that you do at least own one, which is a bad sign in itself.

Put yourself in our shoes. Charged with the job of removing all possible cheaters, what would you do? Wait for positive proof (that may never come, even if you were using it) and a pile of comp-requests from other players and much work for staff? Or take pre-emptive action such as we have done, and seek detailed explanations and assurances?

For one, I'd like to know if any of these mates you play with who all use them 'for a laugh', also play here too. That whole situation worries me, tbh.

Also... please don't use terms like 'unlawfully banned' here. There is only one law, and we're it. This is not a democracy; this is 'our house'. We have absolute entitlement to ban players whom we believe may be cheating, griefing, trolling, and engaging in any activity we believe is inappropriate for the community, or which, in fact, just doesn't sit right with us.

You may also remember that it has not even been a week since I last spoke to you about 'trolling' someone on this server, and the damage that silliness caused. Hearing that you also have an 'unlawful' (there's that word again) lagswitch, and have been daft enough to flout it on a Twitch-stream whilst downplaying it as 'just for a laugh', makes me really wonder about your standards of fair play...

Your turn...

HI TBJ, 

After reading what you have wrote to me ive come to my senses and realised why i was banned and respect the staff members decision in doing so. Yes you are right alls i can say is ive never used it and i really really wish i had the raw file to upload and show you guys because that would plead my case, unfortunately i dont.

As for the players i used to play with, i can confirm that none of these play here any longer. I used to play with some UNMC lads that have been banned from the server, im also pretty sure you can name them. If you want names ill give them too you, i no longer play with them and have no reason too keep it from you as 90% of them are now 1.6d. 

As it stands i seem to be making good progress in the police and would love to continue doing so, like i stated in my  above comments im expected to have  baby girl in the next 3/4 weeks and as a man with children im sure youll know from experience i wont have much play time (atleast for the early stages). 

Broadcasting the file on my desktop was a stupid thing to do, my thought process was 'i dont use it on the server and i never intend to so i dont have to hide it, if i hide it then people can only assume im hiding it for a reason' guess i was wrong, and i feel damn right stupid for it.

Thank you for replying @TinyBigJacko, appreciate the time taken out of your day.

@Swaghetto was apart of the group of friends that played on the private server and has offered to give his say, provided a staff member agrees. 

Jordy, I'd like to ask you why it is that if you have done nothing wrong at all in that video? Why has it been removed?

You would think that if you genuinly had nothing to hide then that video wouldn't be something to keep hidden as it is your defense?

It hasn’t been removed it’s been unlisted, my thoughts were if I’ve been banned for having the video up and I’ve kept it up, that makes me look like an areshole and it gives people the impression that I couldn’t give a shit. 

I was gonna keep it up because I’ve done nothing wrong in the video, but after sitting there and genuinely thinking about it I decided to unlist it for the time being, as it would make me look like I don’t care about the fact that I’ve been banned. 

If you guys need to re watch the clip etc for more thoughts I can make it public again for you. 

Thanks for taking time out of your day for a response @Stavik

@Jordy you can PM me the link to the unlisted video, and I will post it here and hide it so that only staff can view it.

Broadcasting the file on my desktop was a stupid thing to do, my thought process was 'i dont use it on the server and i never intend to so i dont have to hide it, if i hide it then people can only assume im hiding it for a reason
Yet, during the stream, when you realised you'd screwed up, your words were:

You : Oh no..... I've just realised what I've just showed!
TS member : What did you show?
You : I'm not going to say, I'm not going to say it, I'll message you on SnapChat.

This contradicts your so called thought process and it's fairly evident you knew exactly how serious it was.  

Then in the video you've since removed, we see you shoot down two rebels in very dodgy circumstances with their deaths being registered in chat approximately 5 seconds after the 1st kill. 

Like the other staff, I'm really not convinced by what I've seen in the videos or by your contradictions. 

I wasnt going to blurt out i had a lagswitch because it just seemed like a stupid thing to do, if people saw it as 'bragging' etc then it would of made me look stupid and even further about the fact that i dont care about a ban etc, when in actual fact im devastated i might not be able to play on the server for something as stupid as this.

I will try and explain the clip in the video as best as i can over text but its not the easiest thing to do. 

You can see the guys in the hallway lagging before i even peak the wall and start to shoot, during this time you can quite clearly still see people moving on the radars, even still , when im shooting you can still see them moving. Also if that was a lagswitch, i presume staff see it as a lagswitch right from the start when they guys are lagging in the hallway, if it was a lagswitch activated for that long there would of been ATLEAST a yellow chain, if not a red and id of disconnected myself, its atleast 10 seconds long. Also as for the chat bar during the time im shooting there is one message that comes up which is one of the arma regroup thing, which doesnt seem weird to me at all, as for the two kills about 3 seconds later, the server is evidently lagging, so it takes a few seconds for the server messages to catch up.

Also you will notice @CI Ali Barber talking to me in game, we were having a laugh in game as we were in separate teamspeak channels saying how we were going to storm the building and planning it out in game, just for a laugh. Now he doesnt know me that well, so he has no reason what so ever to lie about this, ive also asked him for a video but unfortunately we dont have one.

Alls i can do is try and explain my innocence, and what i would do in future to prevent anything like this happening again, that is if im lucky enough to play on the server again. In future, i would always make sure to save a video if the servers lagging or anything like this happens in the future, i would then secure that video in a backup folder ensuring i dont wipe it when i do my weekly cleanup of my files. As for my final point we all know i was streaming, why would i stream, post my link on the forums, then lagswitch on it? and surely the stream would of gone down? not quite sure how it would work with a stream whether it would make it freeze or stop completely. I can also add that reminissions was there, a member of the staff team why would i even do that?

Thank you for the reply long beard.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have spoken to a lot of people about you ban Staff members and other members of the community. Some interesting things have been said about you and how you have changed over your time on the server.
I spoke to one person and they LINKED me a video of you. Now, this video of you and other people is what I enjoy about this community and it is some of the very things that I still like watching today whilst on as admin. Your Youtube channel tells me an interesting story about you and how you have changed. If I'm honest I actually really enjoyed watching some of your videos. Then your change starts kicking in and your videos take a completely different path good music but not such great content. 

You seem to have gone from enjoying great RP to great gunfights.  You seem to take gunfights and how you perform in them to seriously. Its a shame and from what I have heard more than a few people feel the same.

I will unban you. This is only because you have such a clean past and you have been a great asset to the server before. I do hope you go back to the way you were a year ago. If not I should imagine we will see you again soon.

UNBANNED:​

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back