What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Kayn - 07/01/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayn

In-game Name
Kayn

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
07/01/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Matt

Reason given for your ban.
2.2 / 7.1.3

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
i was banned for killing a group of people who threaten my life, i shot and killed them without saying anything.

Why should we unban you ?
i have been a member here for roughly 2 years, i have been in the cops aswell. i have had great rp along my years on the island. i am familiar with the rules 7.1.3 and 2.2 and i feel like i should maybe avoid gunfights when initiated on and run away instead, when the same scenario appears. i could have driven away and backpacked my gun and then go back to the scene. i fully understand the rules after a conversation with matt who made the situation clear for me in ts. The reason i was banned was because i only played by half of the text that was stated in 2.2 and 7.1.3. i will no longer be trigger happy and will rather rp out of the situation or initiate better and not engange in a gunfight straight away. i have made so many friends on this island and it would be a shame if i couldnt play on this server with them anymore. i will most certainly refer from doing what i did again. i understand my actions where on the lowside this time. this was the first report on me in 2 years and also my first rulebreak. i would love to come back on the server because i only play on RPUK when im playing arma. i have re read all the rules and also the post matt made about initiations in october 2 2017.ill admit it was a dodgy move, i am truly sorry for my irresponsible action and i will ensure you that i will never do anything like that again.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
A ban appeal is not a casual forum discussion post.

Topic locked for three days.

Please find the rule you broke and quote it to us, then explain the rule in your own words and then explain why we have that rule in place

[SIZE=medium](2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RDM is when you kill/execute people without any roleplay connected to it, you walk up to a guy and just shoot him in the head or you initiate with the infamous "hands up or die" etc. we have this rule because its a RP server where killing another player must be done with high quality roleplay. [/SIZE]

(7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together. 

7.1.3 is making sure you have a high quality initiation/reasoning behind your execution/gunfight. you cant just run up to a car and say "get out" "get out" then instantly start shooting. you must give the other player time to acknowledge the situation hes in. this also gives you a chance to be  creative in the way you initiate and cant just say "hands up or die" or something similar. This rule is here so that people wont just be fired upon for no legitimate reason. its also implemented because its a rp server where other players can decide to either comply to the initiators commands or counter initiate, or even RP his way out of the whole situation. this will make sure both parties are aware if a gunfight is about to go down or not.

You seem to have a grasp of what each of those rules mean. 
If you were faced with the same scenario as the one you were banned for, what would you say in roleplay?

You seem to have a grasp of what each of those rules mean. 
If you were faced with the same scenario as the one you were banned for, what would you say in roleplay?
It was a trickey situation to roleplay with since we could get shot if i was to jump out my car. but to solve this i would either drive away backpack/store my gun in the car and walk up to them and have a chat with them. i could try and scream out of my car telling them we are friendly or in the worst case i could jump out and counter initiate.

i would jump out of my car as soon as i heard the initiation and say something along the lines of "keep talking sh*t and we will se how far that will get you" then if he kept talking shit i would just initiate with "well since you keep talking sh*t so why dont you do me a favor and put your hands up before me and my allies will fill you with holes and make all of you look like spongebob." 

or i could go the friendly route and say "hey buddy! we mean no harm just checking what you guys are up too" and see where the road takes us from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to understand what you did wrong now, and have demonstrated a good grasp of the rules, and that you have the ability to roleplay in a hostile situation.

Therefore I will be authorising your unban now. It is worth noting though, that you are expected to provide high quality roleplay before shooting anyone.

Don't forget that you don't have to win a gunfight or a hostile situation, roleplay is not about winning.

Unbanned

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back