What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Leonid Brezhnev - 14/01/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name
Leonid Brezhnev

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
15/01/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Proctor

Reason given for your ban.
Forum Report

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because when I was getting robbed my game crashed which mad it appear that I combat logged, I got reported on the forums and because I had no evidence (recording) to back up my claim action was taken against me.

Why should we unban you ?
I should be un-banned because I now do realise how my this has damaged ,the people who have reported me game play and role-play experience. I now do know that if an incident like this does happen again I and I cannot record my game play (which I currently do not have a way to but I am working on it) I will have to join back the server immediately and explain the situation. I also realise how my this has damaged ,the people who have reported me gameplay. The crash was caused by a tabbing out glitch while I tried to mute myself in discord (https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/1/458606877320636278/) and the forum report that caused me to get banned is here, https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/99689-report-a-player-leonid-brezhnev-other-action-taken/?tab=comments#comment-568559

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

if Your game was crashed why did you not come to ts. to contact a member of staff? 
or come back after ingame. and try contacting the robbers? 

if Your game was crashed why did you not come to ts. to contact a member of staff? 
or come back after ingame. and try contacting the robbers? 
At the time I did not realise that I combat logged because my mind was set on other things. The reason I did not rejoin the server or team-speak is because the only thing that was going through my head was the annoyance of my game crashing, and not the fact that I combat logged...

The reason I did not rejoin the server or team-speak is because the only thing that was going through my head was the annoyance of my game crashing
i find this hard to believe. i mean i had it before my game crash in a active situation. The first thing i do. is contact the other party. 
So quote me the rule you broke, And explain why we have this rule in place? 

i find this hard to believe. i mean i had it before my game crash in a active situation. The first thing i do. is contact the other party. 
So quote me the rule you broke, And explain why we have this rule in place? 
(2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained (Punishment is a ban, which may be permanent. *) *Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

This rule is in place to avoid people breaking roleplay and ruining the situation for others. Before the incident I was fully aware of the rule however I had forgotten about the part which states, 'We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first)' which, in-turn , ultimately lead to me getting banned. Because of this I now do know that if I find myself in a similar situation again, I will not have any problems at all with resolving the situation.

At the time I did not realise that I combat logged because my mind was set on other things. The reason I did not rejoin the server or team-speak is because the only thing that was going through my head was the annoyance of my game crashing, and not the fact that I combat logged...
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/100072-un-ban-appeal-leonid-brezhnev-140118-awaiting-player/?tab=comments#comment-570272

The reason I did not rejoin the server after the incident was because I was mid way through an iron run and I was going to go offline after anyway. So when I my game did crash, and that I had unintentionally combat logged, I realised that at this point there was no way I could fix that my iron run was over, so I went offline. 
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/99689-report-a-player-leonid-brezhnev-other-action-taken/?tab=comments#comment-568769

Pick a story, any story. It's this line from the report that makes me quite suspicious. Now you were aware that your iron run was over as you were about to get robbed and used this information to then choose not to rejoin the server.  This is all sounding quite suspicious to me.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/100072-un-ban-appeal-leonid-brezhnev-140118-awaiting-player/?tab=comments#comment-570272

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/99689-report-a-player-leonid-brezhnev-other-action-taken/?tab=comments#comment-568769

Pick a story, any story. It's this line from the report that makes me quite suspicious. Now you were aware that your iron run was over as you were about to get robbed and used this information to then choose not to rejoin the server.  This is all sounding quite suspicious to me.
As I said, at the time I did not fully realise that I had combat logged. If my game did crash I would usually join back the server, but, as I said in my report, I was going to go offline anyway after the iron run, and that combined with the annoyance of my game crashing, I went offline to avoid me getting any more angry. I understand how it seems suspicious, however I was thinking bot of these Ideas when I crashed, and since I was thinking of these factors, I had not realised that I had unintentionally combat logged.

I am willing to unban you, on the condition of your account being wiped, do you agree? (starting as a hobo again)

I am willing to unban you, on the condition of your account being wiped, do you agree? (starting as a hobo again)
I am fully on board with your decision to unban me on the terms that my account gets wiped. I can understand why you made this decision as it will serve as a lesson, teaching me to try my best to avoid situations like this where possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back