What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - LobeyWan - 11/06/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LobeyWan

In-game Name
Lee

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
11/06/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Sonder

Reason given for your ban.
Breaking rule (2.5) Combat Logging/Rage Quitting

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned from the island because i combat logged after being knocked out, dragged into a taxi and driven to Kavala PD in a citizen arrest scenario, Having just got the gun and returned to Kavala it was frustrating to be knocked out then brought to the police just the lose the gun straight away, It was a mistake to alt F4 and it was something i did in moment which i will think twice about next time.

Why should we unban you ?
The reason i think you should unban me is because i know what i did was wrong and i am willing to admit that, the server is a great place to have fun with friends but i threw that away by reacting how i did and that isn't acceptable, taking the day off allowed me think about it then give a perspective on improving my behaviour in the future in order to prevent myself from getting overwhelmed then resorting to hitting the escape button so with this in mind that is how i will move forward if you allow me back into the community.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Please Quote me the rule you broke and then explain it in your own words.

[SIZE=medium](2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first). [/SIZE]

This rule is to prevent people from leaving to get a tactical advantage or to get out of a situation they find themselves in for a personal gain in Eg/ Preventing equipment loss.

The main idea behind this rule is exploitation and preventing it.

It helps prevent bad role-play as for a server dedicated for role-play is required to give a good role play experience and not ruin the experience.

Your honesty is appreciated LobeyWan, and thank you for not using the 'I lost internet' excuse.

Now, as you know, Altis can be a very unforgiving place to live with violent robbers and criminals around every corner. Losing your gear can happen frequently and trust me, everyone feels that same frustration. The difference is, the vast majority understand it's part of the game and just deal with it.

In other words, when, not if, you find yourself in a similar situation, how are you going to deal with it, and how can you convince us you won't simply pull the plug in order to save your gear?

Losing sometimes is just part of RP. Do you understand and embrace this concept?

Having had this happen to me and seen the consequences behind it there is no point to combat logging even if it rage based as you could get away with it however you are highly likely just to get caught and punished so the experience of getting caught then punished will make me alot more cautious in the future.

When i find myself in a similar situation i will continue the role-play and to start of with take a minute or so to collect myself in order to prevent any impulse actions from taking over and ruining other peoples experience however i am sure in time i will get used to it because as you say it happens a lot so its just about adjusting to the environment of the roleplay server.

Losing sometimes is just part of RP. Do you understand and embrace this concept?
You win some, you lose some just got to get familiar with the losing part as it is a bit more annoying when you build up something for a while just for it to go away etc so new task for me however i do understand what you mean as losing is apart of pretty much anything if i am honest.

This incident was mainly impulsive so i will work on preventing them from taking over wherever i find myself on the server.

@LobeyWan thank you for your sincere replies, we have strict rules on this server in order to maintain high quality roleplay.

Can you assure us that you won't do the same thing again, and that you have familiarised yourself with all of our rules?

I won't do the same thing again as with my new methods of controlling myself will help a lot as well as the fact that I want to play on the server with friends but it is my action that has caused me to be unable to play with them and so I do not want that to be the case anymore to now instead of getting annoyed then having to explain myself to the staff team here, I want to just have fun on the server, therefore, its a good reason to not break these rules again so I don't lose another opportuntity to basically enjoy the gaming/roleplay experience.

As for the rules, I have read back through them just to familiarise myself with them once again as to not forget them when the time comes to act according to them, I had previously read the rules but with this incident, I was a bit overwhelmed by the situation so I acted without thinking which was a mistake by all counts of the word.

I have no doubt in my mind that this will not happen again as I like most people do not like getting told off or made to confess plus with anyone being able to see this it is an uncomfortable feeling so that is something I do not wish to return to giving me a nice choice of options on why I do not want to be put into this situation again.

As you've found out to your cost, this is a community based on strict rules. Disregarding them has consequences, and once banned, that ban stays on your record permanently. When deciding on whether someone deserves another chance, we look to see what previous bans or warnings they may have and we take this heavily into consideration. In other words, if you find yourself back here putting in an unban appeal in the future you'll find it much harder to get unbanned.

Don't screw up, have fun, and welcome back. Don't forget to join our :

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RoleplayUK

Discord: https://discord.gg/roleplay

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back