What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - MacDonald - 02/03/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald

Unlinked
Teamspeak Name
MacDonald

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
01/03/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Kempi Anderson

Reason given for your ban.
2.7 - Pretending to sell scripts

The Server you initially were banned on.
Teamspeak

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned from TS 40 minutes after typing this in response to someones message :

https://imgur.com/a/X72CpfB

just before the proper start of the community meeting, while everyone was joking around in the channel about some questionable stuff. What I was doing was not serious, and I was,to confirm, as the ban says, pretending.
I think the decision was also influenced by the recent ban of Pee Money, who was banned for a similar reason.

It is possible that a further influence was a kick at some point during the meeting after the script statement, which was for asking a genuine (believe it or not)question about if i can use a certain word (slang for a sex offender, used casually very often where I live), which was at a topical and appropriate time during the meeting (Someone asked about how far you are allowed to take RP insults). Staff took this as some some sort of joke and kicked me, telling me to "grow up", which answered my question quite effectively.

Why should we unban you ?
What I did was in no way with malicious intent, and was in a non-serious environment containing mostly long standing community members, which i believe mostly negates the point made by Kempi that I was doing the same thing Pee Money was recently banned for. What he did was advertise the sale of scripts in OOC with NO PROMPT, where very new players could gather ideas that the server is rife with cheats. What I did was respond to a prompt where everyone was having a joke, and I highly doubt that anybody took it seriously at all.

I can understand how it could be taken seriously and make new players leave in certain scenarios, but it seems unlikely for someone who has just joined the community to be at the meeting, and even less likely that they wouldnt be able to gauge the seriousness of the statement.

As I main Police on the server, teamspeak is an essential tool for me to play. Without it, im unable to patrol, conduct tests, attend meetings et cetera. Which is why I would very much like to be unbanned.

To conclude, I can definetely understand the nature of the ban, however would personally disagree that the circumstance in which what I did occurred warranted a punishment of that magnitude. It probably goes without saying, but I will ensure that any messages I make in TS channels will be sensible, as I tend to joke around quite alot, which is a curse and a blessing. But in this case, a curse.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
given your last chance, do you think it was sensible to do what you did?
Bluntly, no. 

It was a stupid thing to say, but not something I thought would be taken in the way it was given the circumstances. And I had no idea that it would be taken so seriously by staff. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

I obviously know now that I should be incredibly careful with what I say in public chats, as some people may take them seriously and have a tainted view of the server. 

Best thing to do in future is to keep jokes within clear boundaries of the rules. 

Considering your idiotic status update to whinge at someone because they facepalmed you after you went and facepalmed them... once your two days of posting restriction are up you can explain here exactly why the hell we should even look at this appeal any further as you just seem to love to cause drama or dig yourself a deeper hole through the actions you have just committed.

First off, id like to say that I was not "whinging" or "butthurt". I genuinely found it quite funny and couldnt give less of a shit about a facepalm, it was the effort he put into it that entertained me. And I dont try to cause drama deliberately. Nor do i "love" when it happens.

With that being said.

The status update was obviously, as you said, "idiotic". And looking back on it, really wouldnt have done anything else but stir the pot. I can do nothing more than apologise for that. Sorry.

@MacDonald As previously stated and whatnot you were only unbanned a week ago from discord for similar things.  Now you have the TS issue....

After the TS ban you also got a forum warning point for similarily, not knowing when to stop.  You need to learn where the line is and this will be your final chance. Any further rule breaks of any kind no matter how big or small will lead to full 6 month ban.  Do you understand this?

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back