What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - MacDonald - 14/11/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald

Unlinked
In-game Name
SGT MacDonald [8693]

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
06/11/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Roberts

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
So I came home, started up ArmA, and connected to the server. While in the process of spawning in and gearing up, a gunfight started.

Rule 4.7 states that When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing gunfights involving your group/faction for 15 minutes.

I had thought that "Joining" the server meant connecting(battlemetrics also uses "joined" to say connected), and as I was literally clicking spawn right as it started, I thought it was ok to get involved.

Turns out I wasn't correct on that one.

I have now been told that joining actually means spawning in. This is to prevent people AFKing in lobvy waiting for fights, which I support, but the rule really should be clarified, as I think most people would think joining means connecting.

Another factor leading to the ban was that I disconnected from the server within 15 minutes of the gunfight. This was because I had to eat, but I agree it looks rather suspicious.

Why should we unban you ?
I have been making a real attempt to avoid rulebreaks recently, and this was a genuine mistake as I had misunderstood the rule. Just really terrible timing to connect as I had literally just got back, and within seconds of me joining a gunfight sparks.

I realise now that the best option was to wait the 15 minutes anyway, or better, not get involved at all to prevent any sort of accusation being thrown my way. Hop-on isn't something I do deliberately, and will keep it that way.

This ban came from a final warning, and I understand that if an unban is issued, there must be no further rulebreaks no matter how minute. I shall try my hardest to follow the rules, and if i have doubts about the rule will just ask staff to clarify before doing anything stupid.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
So now you understand why you were initially banned. Correct?

I have been making a real attempt to avoid rulebreaks recently, 
But let's have a look at your history, cause these last few months you have not really impressed us. And with that statement, it would be an outright lie.
And to be quite honest, in time spent from the staff team with you, its reached a point where we think, is there really a point giving you another chance ?

Is there a reason why we should give you another chance ?

So now you understand why you were initially banned. Correct?

But let's have a look at your history, cause these last few months you have not really impressed us. And with that statement, it would be an outright lie.
And to be quite honest, in time spent from the staff team with you, its reached a point where we think, is there really a point giving you another chance ?

Is there a reason why we should give you another chance ?
Correct on that first statement. 

When I talk about recently, im talking as in a week or two. After recieving my final police warning, I realised that I needed to change the way I play on the server, as I had, to be honest, been taking the piss. And for the most part it had been quite successful. 

Yet here we are I suppose.

The staff team has, obviously, had to waste alot of time with me in the past, and there have been times where I honestly should have been banned for rulebreaks which I knew what they were, I wont go too far into that. But my first step in attempting to reform was to never under any curcumstance or severity, knowingly break a server rule.

This time was a genuine mistake, but one which I should have known better to avoid. So my next step, if I am to recieve an unban, is to not even come close to anything that could merely be percieved as a breach of server rules. The problem, when it really comes down to it, is my attitude. Not taking things seriously and being a bit cocky. I did not break rules maliciously, but a rulebreaks a rulebreak.

Upon returning I will make a solid and consistent effort to keep my nose clean and not to subside into rulebreaking territory. Im getting towards a part of my school year where I need to get my head down so will also have less time to play, so getting some time in before then would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I get denied I will be subsequently removed from police for inactivity, and rebel doesnt really end too well for me. I joined police to get away from groups that were heading towards a blanket. Im sure you might have an idea of the groups i mean

Thanks for the swift reply @Stavik

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it seems like you do infact understand whats going on,  but i do also think we now have reached a point on where we would think this have gone to far.
So here it is, this will be your final chance. This is now your chance to somewhat redeem yourself, but it will be your final chance.

Anything more from this point on, minor or major, it will go to a 6 month break for you.
Be the difference, now you "reform" yourself.

UNBANNED FINAL CHANCE

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back