What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Mad Yoke - 17/07/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Yoke

In-game Name
Mad Yoke

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
17/07/19

Member of the team that banned you.
MadassRubberduck

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because the Staff team have a different view on the rules than me. I did not break rule 4.7 I logged on the server and after 8 minutes I drove past the weapon cache then I went to the green zone got a bolt cutter while I was in the green zone the last cop was killed and then I came back to the weapon cache because the gunfight was over I picked up a few bag and that's it didn't involve myself in the gunfight in any way.

Why should we unban you ?
I should be unbanned because I didn't break the rule. I've been here for 3 years and have never been banned for breaking any of the rules on the server. I know exactly what I can and can't do and within the current rules what I done was not a rule break. Don't know what to say I'm not going to agree with you on this because I didn't break the rule. When I arrived the situation was over and I didn't involve myself in the gunfight which is what the rule say's

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the third time we have arrived in this section of the forums Yoke, and to say that I am disappointed would be an understatement.  

Rule 4.7 reads as follows: 

[SIZE=medium](4.7) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing gunfights involving your group/faction for 15 minutes. [/SIZE]

A staff member witnessed you logging onto the server mid gunfight in a joint operation between the Plebs and Finale on the AR weapons cache. You were all in the same teamspeak channel at the time. 
The most recent officer to have died before your point of involvement was 6 minutes and 30 seconds after you had logged onto the server, by the 7th minute you were breaking into the AR weapons cache. Thereby classifying yourself as involved to any officers that may have been in the area. 

Can you explain as to why you think that you are exclusively exempt from 4.7, as you claim you did not break a rule? 

Further to this, can you explain the comments you made towards a staff member post your ban being issued. In that this is a "Shit ban" which will be "overturned quickly by VladicKa as staff members are sheep without a voice" ? 

let start with with these quotes that I'm suppose to have said

In that this is a "Shit ban" which will be "overturned quickly by VladicKa as staff members are sheep without a voice"
Yes I did say that I do believe that it's a shit ban because I don't think I broke the rule but that second quote I never said it. Yes I did say something along the lines of ''staff members are sheep without a voice'' but that statement by it self may seem bad but it's not in context I can't remember exactly what was said. The other part which is funny ''which will be "overturned quickly by VladicKa'' I never said this or anything along the lines of this so I don't know why I was quoted saying it because that's just bullshit like why the fuck would VladicKa overturn my ban ? 

Right now let's get back to my unban I don't think I'm exempt to the rule 4.7. The rule 4.7 clearly states When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing gunfights involving your group/faction for 15 minutes. Now did I involve myself in a ongoing gunfight the answer is no I did not the gunfight was over there was no more cops in the area and they never returned to the weapon cache you also say ''by the 7th minute you were breaking into the AR weapons cache'' now just to make this very clear I didn't break into the weapon cache or assist in the break in it was already broken into all I done was pick up some bags all the door's were open.

Now once again to make this clear there was no officers in the area and they never returned to the area and I never drew my weapon/fired my weapon or assist the win of the gunfight in any way I was just grabbing weapon bags the gunfight was over.

So I ask the question how did I break the rule 4.7 ? now the admin I discussed this with seemed to think that I broke this rule because I was involved in the overall situation well if this is indeed the case then I would suggest you change the wording of the rule to make it more clear.

If that is the case change the rule too 

(4.7) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing situations involving your group/faction for 15 minutes.

As I said before I did not break rule 4.7 and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't quote me saying stuff that I didn't say and please don't just take thing that I said and put them by themselves because it doesn't paint a picture.

Thanks 

Mad Yoke

Alright Yoke, 
Firstly I'd like to say that my comments were either paraphrased or a combination of paraphrased inference of what you said. Example being that you actually said the ban was bullshit, not just shit. 
So while you may not have said that Vladic would have overturned this ban, you did infer that if you spoke to him and asked him to look at some of the recent bans he would have a different opinion to the staff member carrying out their duty. As in your opinion some of recent bans are stupid. 

The reality of this situation is that you did break that rule in the way that it is written. By your own admission you did not know if the area was clear, the police officer coming out of the water. Therefore you could not confirm that there was an ongoing gunfight or not. You trusted the word of allies/gang members but they had no way of knowing if there were any of the opposition hiding.
You didn't shoot anyone, nor where you shot at but you did enter a building that would normally be locked, hence the use of the term breaking in. Though if it is better for you we can simply use the word trespassing. 

So to summarise, during an ongoing gunfight with the police you trespassed into a facility that was being attacked and began to remove things from the facility. 
If a police officer had been in the building or entered the building after this point you would have been fired upon without further roleplay as they would deem you involved in the gunfight. Whether your shot back or not.  

Just because that didn't happen, does not mean that you did not break the rule. To anyone on the opposing side you were involved in the gunfight. To suggest otherwise would mean that you are saying that if an officer walked into the building at that point and shot you then that officer would have RDM'd you. 

Removing items from the AR weapons cache would be assisting in the win, as the attacking party would be able to vacate quicker and thus reduce the amount of police able to respond. 

Once a situation has become a gunfight the 4.7 rule is in effect. It reads that way to stop people jumping onto the server and providing an advantage. I have detailed the advantage that you provided however small it may have been. 
Hopefully you now understand your ban and I will allow an opportunity for you to restructure your appeal below. 

Oright all I can do is apologize if my opinion offend anyone of the staff member's but it's my opinion and there is no need to discuss it further if I want to raise any issue I will do it the right way.

I fully understand what you are saying and now see how it is a breach of the rule 4.7. I miss understood the rule before and glad you made it more clear I won't break the rule in the future if you choose to unban me. 

All I can do now is apologize for my mistakes and thank you for taking the time to deal with the situation.

Mad Yoke

Now that you recognize the rule that you have broken Yoke, I hope that you can also recognize the comments you made towards the staff team in the moment were out of line and inappropriate. MadassRubberduck was showing you a great deal of courtesy in approaching you on the matter and your attitude was less than expected. 

I would like you to write a specific apology to @MadassRubberduck for your comments towards him, his decision and the staff team. 

I agree with what your saying. @MadassRubberduck did not have to come into a teamspeak channel with me, he done that of his own back but 
at the time i was speaking out of anger rather than using my common sense and not getting so heated about the situation in hand so I would like to firstly apologize to madass if I personally offended him the way I acted was totally out of character and not like me at all I should've accepted/respected your decision but at the time thought I wasn't in the wrong, but after thought i clearly was. and then there's the comment i made about the staff team. what i said was totally untrue and i regret saying it nothing like this will happen again i grantee that, we all have bad days it was my bad and deserved everything that I got handed

... I will put up an unban and yes I will get unbanned - it will be one of them stupid bans where "Hey Im gonna ban you for a few days" something complete daft that is literally stupid ...
Thats just one of more quotes from our chat together @Mad Yoke - and you may be right about the first 25% of that sentence, however, I will never accept anyone logging on and involving themselves in a situation - wether thats an ongoing operation like the AR Weapons cache, HM or the RBA. The quote however, shows a side of you that I don't like; it tells me that you are 100% confident that you will get unbanned after a few days. That doesnt sit right with me. You're good guy with a twist - I think we can both agree on that. I would hope that you have more faith in my decision, should there be a next time.

We are constantly reviewing our rules and the staff team may discuss if the wording can be optimized so that everyone understands the meaning of "stay away for 15 minutes if there's an ongoing situation, dont involve yourself - because you never know who's sneaking around or hiding in a corner". In the meantime - just dont involve yourself in any ongoing situation for first 15 minutes, it doesnt matter if you're rebel, police or poseidon. 

I appreciate the apology even though I didnt feel that your rant was directly aimed at me. 

@Qrow Feel free to continue. 

/Madass

Did I say that quote yes, but I defiantly didn't mean it. Iv'e been here long enough to know admins/staff take no shit and have the power to remove me from the server completely if they wanted to. The reason I was so hot headed is because I genuinely thought I wasn't in the wrong. I would never go onto the server and purposely get banned, this was an honest mistake I generally didn't think I broke any rules. 'i will put up an unban and yes I will get unbanned' I originally said this as at the time I thought I never broken a rule. nether the less still something I shouldn't of said in the situation I was in but I cannot go back and change that, I can only change going forward and I can say I will never find myself in this predicament again given the chance. If there ever was a situation in the future with an admin I would 100% take a different approach. This is a learning curve for me and something I will defiantly not let happen again.

Thanks again 

Mad Yoke

Yoke, 

I don't think you actually believe that you broke the rule as we have determined it. The way you have 180'd and bent the knee here is undoubtedly a result of you believing that you must behave in a certain way to become unbanned and that our bans are only temporary or "for a week". 

As such, you can next write an appeal on 27/07/2019. 

Although your appeal has been Denied, please give the rules a thorough read here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back