What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - PalmtreeWhale - 06/14/2017 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm

In-game Name
[A] J. Gonzales & Calico Jack

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
06/14/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Aiden

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
From what I can gather and by the stated rule in the ban reason, is that I got banned because I supposedly used metagamed information to swap servers.
At the moment I joined server 2, Ghost popped in the channel and told us to play server 1 because of less cops, so that would be the supposed metagamed information.

Why should we unban you ?
Before I start to go into detail about the situation around my ban I want to point out that this was quite the odd ban. After having quite a good day, I decided to hop on RPUK again, as I haven't played in three days. I casually join the channel where I suddenly here that me and some others are getting banned for Metagaming. So this information got told today/tonight to Ghostkiller, who shared the info with us.

Now I do not know how all of this was conducted by management and staff but it seemed that it took too much time, and for what.. to just get some members from a gang banned without none of us even notified that somebody didn't agree with us or had a problem with something. The ban was issues over something that happened three days ago and management and staff have been working three days to get footage from one guy to basically snake on people and thereby destroy most of his reputation.. at least snaking is not the best thing to be known for.

FvohRsk.png

Now I'm most definitely not accusing any staff of whatever, forcing someone to snake and so on, but it does raise some concern to me. I have no clue what to make from this.. I mean no one contacted me about having a problem with the so called "hop on" from me, which I shall debunk further in this unban appeal.
Like I said, no one contacted me, and I had to find out tonight that I would get banned for something that wasn't even clear to me.
I started playing on the server and I wasn't banned but maybe 10 minutes in I did get banned for breaking rule 4.7 by Aiden.
I sent a message to the person who gave the video to staff and manegement (or whoever was involved), Asking what was in the footage as I got banned (referring to he picture above).

Then I contacted Aiden about my ban as it was not clear at all to me which situation it was about.
Which can be seen in this screenshot:

xkFqCUe.png

After finally getting some kind of reference to why I was banned I went back to my recording which you can see under this lap of text.
I joined teamspeak and heard about that whe might do an HM, It's normal for us to do an operation or whatever so I just started up arma and went to the server list.
Some minutes pass and I join server 2, at the same time Ghostkiller hops in the channel and tells us to go Server 1 instead of 2. Me who just joined in the server, still in the lobby, disconnected again.
People say that we should go by different names so people can't metagame our presence on the server while we would prepare for a HM.
I spend quite sometime actually messing about in the name editing and afterwards find out that for some reason my UI became super large as you can see in the video.
I then check if it's only occurring in the menu and not ingame, but it is also happening there. I mess around with the video settings a bit and go back to the main menu to see if I can adjust the settings there.
I change some things, then restarted the game. After that I honestly do not know the exact time line or if I hopped on the server again as after the game restart I did not record anymore. But I do know that I got fed up with my mouse (Been having right click problems where it's just not consistent), and the game itself. Which is why I rebooted my PC. Instead joining the HM I decided to watch a movie (guess here goes my little secret, but I was literally fed up with my pc).

http://plays.tv/video/5941b39f4802c2d9a3/6-11-17

(4.7) Using out of game communications to encourage other players to log on and sway the result of an event or roleplay situation is forbidden. Similarly, joining the server using metagamed information is forbidden. (Punishment is a ban)

I did not encourage anyone to log on and sway the result of an event or roleplay situation, as I wasn't even on the server, and there weren't any events going on.
Then we come to the point where my ban is based on: "Joining the server using metagamed information is forbidden."
I just joined server 2 on the assumption people were going to play there, but swapped when ghostkiller said we were going on Server 1.
Now that he said that there were less cops on had absolutely no affect. I honestly do not care if more than half of the server is cops, but I am not going to play on server 2 while the rest of the gang is doing an operation on server 1..
Plus.. I literally just joined the lobby of server 2 and then disconnected..

Then after changing my name, the only ingame time I have actually spent on server 1, was in my house changing video settings.
I did not even attend the HM.

Then I come back to the points I stated before I explained the situation.
I honestly don't know why this ban was conducted this way, as they easily could have contacted me in a pm.
I would've been glad to resolve this the easy way, which probably would've saved some time, instead of staff/management/whoever it was contact a gangmember and make it look like all snakey like.
I mean this is the proud adult like community the rule page is talking about right:

"Roleplay UK is very proud to be an Adult community.
It certainly doesn't mean you have to be over 18 to play here however you will find a lot of our members are. We respect the younger people and elders in our community and no discrimination will be tolerated.
We expect people to show respect, act like an adult, and treat people how you would expect to be treated to keep this a place that people enjoy and look forward to coming back to. If there is a disagreement then disagree in a noble and adult manner. At the end of the day we are here to have fun and enjoy one of the best role play experiences you will find on the internet."

Final word:
Now if what I did, even though I never used or intended to use metagamed information, is still seen as a 4.7 rule break, then I am terribly sorry.
I didn't join in the HM and with all the community attention to the gang I would never dare to break a rule intended. I live up to them the best I can.
Since this is a unban appeal and not a report, it will be considered as a definitive rule break I guess, although I do not believe I actually did break 4.7.
If I did, I am sorry for the inconvenience but I did not affect anyone by this. I don't think I really could have changed anything as I was not the one who shared supposed metagamed information. Maybe just keep playing on server 2 alone instead of with the rest of the gang on server 1, but yeah..

Thanks for taking your time reading this and taking my appeal into consideration.
Feel free to reply or give me a PM or talk to me on ts. Like I said, I am happy to resolve things.
Sorry for grammar, 't has become a bit rusty.

Signed,

PalmtreeWhale

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. 

Now I do not know how all of this was conducted by management and staff but it seemed that it took too much time, and for what.. to just get some members from a gang banned without none of us even notified that somebody didn't agree with us or had a problem with something.
In your appeal you state that you wasn't informed regarding the situation. When this reported to myself and Aiden, I actually came to speak to your gang regarding these claims to sort it out. However when in there I was confronted with some anger by Cobra who then told me to go make a report. I as a staff member joined that room to sort it out and try to resolve it properly of my own back which I did not have to do. Yet I get spoken to like crap and therefore I state I am not going to waste my time anymore in here and left do make the report which we did. So your "gang" as a whole had the chance to resolve it, but it didn't go down that route for the above reason. 

You logged off s2 and then joined s1 with intentions to use metagamed information.

Right on to the questions.

Right. 

In your appeal you state that you wasn't informed regarding the situation. When this reported to myself and Aiden, I actually came to speak to your gang regarding these claims to sort it out. However when in there I was confronted with some anger by Cobra who then told me to go make a report. I as a staff member joined that room to sort it out and try to resolve it properly of my own back which I did not have to do. Yet I get spoken to like crap and therefore I state I am not going to waste my time anymore in here and left do make the report which we did. So your "gang" as a whole had the chance to resolve it, but it didn't go down that route for the above reason. 

You logged off s2 and then joined s1 with intentions to use metagamed information.

Right on to the questions.
I was not aware that somebody already tried to resolve this. This does clear things up and i'm sorry that I got the Situation all wrong.

Indeed I did disconnect from server 2, but not with the intention of using metagamed information. I knew there was an operation going to happen so I definitely wanted to take part and play with the rest of the gang. The moment I joined server 2, ghostkiller our leader came into the channel and told us to go server 1. For me it didn't and still doesn't matter which server we would've played. I mean ghostkiller could lead us straight to our deaths and I would've followed. Only thing that made this situation dodgy is that ghostkiller himself shared metagamed information globally and got most of us involved.

It's kind of a situation where the rule was broken but then again not. The rule states that it's not allowed to join a server using metaged information.

Now this did happen, but by ghostkiller saying it in teamspeak I was made using it. Like I said, I just want to play with the people in the gang, doesn't matter to me how many cops are online on that server.

If this unban appeal does get accepted, this definitely won't happen again, as if this does happen (someone sharing metagamed information) I will remind them of this rule (goes for any rule), and argue that they should stay on that the server. I'd never use metagamed information myself to use and e.g get guaranteed money. I mean.. your talking to a guy who got banned wilst selling fish in his suv haha.

Now onto the questions, I think you forgot to post them or that something went wrong as I do not see them.

Signed,

Palmtreewhale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand that you feel that it was quite unfair since, you did not really care about the metagamed information, but I do hope you can see this from the perspective from the banning Staff here, since the reason you logged on Server 1, was metagamed information, pure and simple. I am quite curious if this was a common thing within the gang, people coming in your rooms asking you to go on another server because of less cops?

I can definitely see why they banned me, just wanted to make clear that I did not intentionally use it, but just got involved in it.
I'm actually pretty sure this was the first time it had happened and people slipped up. We were told to play more on server 1 (server 2 gang trying to be server 1 gang ;) ), but this was the first time someone stated because of less cops.

I feel you have learned your lesson and fully understand what you have done wrong, enjoy your fishing.

Unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back