What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Potatinator - 16/09/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebediah Jalalai

In-game Name
[P] Gen. Potatinator

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
13/02/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Alfred

Reason given for your ban.
VDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Since this incident occured 7 months ago my memory of the events that took place is quite vague but I will do my best to give you the best description of what happened.

Me and my friends had been playing on your servers for about a year. We slowly decided to disagree with some staff decisions being made and started some kind of bad mentatliy agaiinst you within our gang. This mentality grew stronger and stronger between us the more we discussed everything surrounding the situations that made us feel like this in the first place. We started generally trolling around in a childish manner. I got fed up with playing in such low settings and such a low framerate so after a while i stopped playing arma completely and moved on to less demanding games. I also landed a new job at that period which took up much of my time so i started sliding away from the community completely.

On the 13th February we all were playing something when we got contacted by a friend who wanted us to come on the server again. For some stupid reason we decided this would be our last time playing on the server and that we wanted to ''go out with a bang''. Our definition of going out with a bang was crashing helicopters in to kavala greenzone. I think we thought at that moment that it would be very funny. We fulfilled our plans and obviously got banned because of it.

Why should we unban you ?
You should unban me because now that I have gotten a new PC and a better grip of my schedule I quite enjoy Arma and have the possibility to put in time in your servers and become a part of the community again.

During my 1000+ hours spent on this server I've had the best of my gaming memories ever. I still to this day watch old footage and long back to the roleplay.

I think I can be a good addition to the server since my plans now are to just stroll around the map and interact with people in a calm matter, which means that I will be roleplaying to my highest extent to give me and other players a memorable and good experience.

The chance of me committing the same stupid and childish act again is non-existent since I have now realized that no matter how much you think you will never play on a server agaiin you might be wrong which I was in this certain case. If I was to ever leave the community now I would just type up my departure post to say a final goodbye and just leave it at that.

I am very sorry for the wrongs I did and wish that you could grant me a new chance to prove myself to be worthy of it.

Thank you in advance.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Your effort in the appeal is appreciated, however as you've said yourself, you purposely and knowingly broke the rules to "go out with a bang". How could we EVER trust you with an unban? How can we know that you wont suddenly decide to break a rule again? Because you've got a new PC? That was your reasoning? How does that change anything? Your chances of getting unbanned is very slim - if not none. Break a rule unknowingly - sure, have a chance to show that you now can follow them. Break a rule on purpose just to "go out with a bang"? - well then this community is not for you. 

Why do you want to return to this community now? 

What will you do on the server, if you were to get unbanned?

What is your endgoal?

We expect much effort into the answers.

Your effort in the appeal is appreciated, however as you've said yourself, you purposely and knowingly broke the rules to "go out with a bang". How could we EVER trust you with an unban? How can we know that you wont suddenly decide to break a rule again? Because you've got a new PC? That was your reasoning? How does that change anything? Your chances of getting unbanned is very slim - if not none. Break a rule unknowingly - sure, have a chance to show that you now can follow them. Break a rule on purpose just to "go out with a bang"? - well then this community is not for you. 

Why do you want to return to this community now? 

What will you do on the server, if you were to get unbanned?

What is your endgoal?

We expect much effort into the answers.
First off, a stupid thing like this wont EVER happen again because if i get the chance to come back I will have a completely different approach from start, meaning that as i mentioned earlier, I will just run around the streets and roleplay with people. I will also do a lot of runs to build up my economy so I can get a house and all types of different vehicles. Then I might just look in to applying for police or the poseidon cartel. That would mean that I get a more varying experience than my last time on the server.

Another reason why it will not happen again, which I guarantee you it won’t, is that I intend to play much more by myself now looking for randon encounters throughout the map. As I mentioned the reason behind why things ended up like they did was that we were a bunch of gangmembers pushing eachother to troll more and more. Me playing by myself most parts of the time will eliminate this whole scenario. 

I want to return to this community now because to be completwly honest, I have never under my years of gaming encountered a better community than this. This community is where I met true friends whom I’ve spoken to pretty much every day for a year, whom I’ve met up in real life, people that I actually respect and love. This community is just so well regulated and moderated from very many hard working staff members, this dedication is something I have never found in any other server in any other game. 

I understand you don’t trust me after what I did, who would? All I can do is give you my sincerest apologies and assure in my own words that this will not happen again brcause the circumstabces are completely different now and I have grown a lot as a person these last 7 months due to them being the most hectic once in my life so far, and that has led me to realize what i actually value in life. I don’t care how ridiculous it sounds but i actually value this community quite a bit, as I said you are responsible for some of my best friends and yet I decided to do what I did. It’s repulsing just thinking about it.

If i get unbanned my definite endgoal is to after a long time on community get a spot in staff or a high rank in the police, NHS or in the poseidon cartel so that I can help people progress in the community the way you helped me.

I fully respect and understand whatever decision you choose to take now. I have done my best to answer your questions, and you don’t have as much to gain from me as I have to gain from you. 

I will tell you this, getting to once again start roaming the streets of altis just interacting with people would mean the world to me.

Thank you.

Unfortunately though, this isn't exactly your first offense either!
on 2 other separate appeals you've made similar pleas of "I am not going to repeat the mistakes done today" & "I very much hope you will forgive me and let me in again. Again, it will not be repeated" but clearly, you haven't done much in the way of learning, especially for one of our more simplistic rules!

Tell me why this time it's any different from the others?

Why should we trust that you won't make any more of these mistakes?
Once again, we appreciate detailed responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately though, this isn't exactly your first offense either!
on 2 other separate appeals you've made similar pleas of "I am not going to repeat the mistakes done today" & "I very much hope you will forgive me and let me in again. Again, it will not be repeated" but clearly, you haven't done much in the way of learning, especially for one of our more simplistic rules!

Tell me why this time it's any different from the others?

Why should we trust that you won't make any more of these mistakes?
Once again, we appreciate detailed responses.
I understand that makes it look very bad indeed, however as Sonder said ”Break a rule unknowingly - sure, have a chance to show that you now can follow them.” which I did. The RDM offense was within the first week on my server if I recall correctly. The second offense was advertising because I sent a separate ts ip within vehicle chat in a OOC manner which I had no idea was a rulebreak at that time, I quickly got unbanned because of this since they realized it was a full mistake. I was very new still at both the occasions. I did prove to you that I could follow the rules the whole following year after the offenses. This issue is completely different to them since I admittedly knew what I was doing was a rulebreak, and that’s the only reason I did it.

With a chance of sounding repetetive - I want to prove to you that you can now trust me. I will no longer play with the same big group of players, the time I have been gone from the server has made me realize how much I appreciate the community so I do not want to do it any harm anymore. These months without being on RPUK has made me understand how fun and good of a community it actually was. 

I think the two earlier offenses are completely Irrelevant in this case because of them being a product of me not reading the rules carefully enough, I did not repeat the mistakes in my year on the server, just like I Won’t repeat this mistake.

Again, I was aware I was breaking an obvious rule and thatms why I did it. I know doubts are to be had against me but I have changed and I am aware of the server rules. Like I said earlier if I were ever to leave again I would just say goodbye and be on my way.

Thank you very much.

Your previous bans aren't made any less valid because it was simply because you didn't read the rules. 

This will be the last chance you're given, re-read the rules and ensure you're in full understanding of each and every one of them.

Unbanned.

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back