What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Potato_Aim123 - 06/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_Aim123

In-game Name
Potato

Steam ID
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198237793484/

The date of your ban.
02/06/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Jefke V

Reason given for your ban.
VDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Pretty much my friend and i were spawning in at the airport because we had never been there before in a rpg game mode so we spawned in and i saw a garage on the map and decided to get a car out. so my friend hopped in the driver seat but his computer isnt quite that reliable so it can freeze alot even though he has got a very good pc. (i7 6700K 32gb ram gtx 1070ti) so we decided to go to the other side if the airfield and his computer crashed. We were turning left to avoid a jet that was taxying but there is a glitch in arma where if you disconnect then and you are in a car then the steering wheel goes all the way to the right which caused us to go straight into the side of a jet which at the same time i was yelling at him down my mic on discord so of course his computer crashed so i got no response. So a admin appeared and sounded rather ungrateful but at the same time my friends caracter disconnected leaving the admin to think we were ban evading causing him to go "ive had enuff of you guys" and banning me and my friend before i could say anything.

Why should we unban you ?
i am pretty new to the server so i have had no intentions of messing around or hacking etc. My friend (his name is Sum Ting Wong) and i were getting quite into the server and some of my other friends also play on that server but have stopped due to us two being banned. I myself also applied to become a medic but missed out by one point on the interview so i am wanting to try again to help out the community and help the server grow. i was also quite close to being able to get a ARAC licence so again i could help out even more people.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
i may have put my date of burth as the ban date but the ban date is the 02/06/2019
Please use the edit feature in future in future. This can be seen as topic bumping and can lead to a 7 day posting restriction.

What is the name of your friend who apparently disconnected/game crashed in game at this moment.

there is a glitch in arma where if you disconnect then and you are in a car then the steering wheel goes all the way to the right which caused us to go straight into the side of a jet
I'm not convinced. With my rather expansive experience with Arma and its "quirks", I can't say I've ever seen this glitch occur. I'd like to remind you that if you're found to be lying on an unban appeal then you can expect to have your appeal denied likely with a very hefty cooldown.

I'd also like to point out that regardless of how amazing or how bad your computer performs, it's down to you to follow the rules. Having a bad or buggy computer will not serve as an excuse.

Please answer & complete the following.

1. Copy & Paste the VDM Rule into a reply

2. Explain why we have the VDM rule in place on the server?

3. If a similar situation occurred in the future in which you accidentally collided with another vehicle, what would you do?

1) Vehicle Deathmatch (also known as VDM) - Using any vehicle as a weapon (e.g running people over, causing explosions including while sling loading, ramming, etc), will result in you receiving a ban. Three vehicles are excluded from this, MRAPS (Ifrits, Hunters and Striders) can ram other MRAPS in order to disable them, yet not to kill the passengers. This is allowed as these vehicles are the only vehicles ingame that can withstand being rammed. Please note that you need to initiate roleplay before attempting to ram an MRAP. (Please note - MRAPS don't need to be initiated on in the red zone) This is to prevent random ramming on site. (Three minutes of chasing also constitutes initiation of MRAP and MRAP ramming).

2) VDM rule is in place on the server to stop people from simply driving around the map and ramming into vehicles (cars, jets, helicopters) and to stop people from ramming into police cars and medic cars restricting them from performing their duties and helping other people out on the server.

3) I will get out of the vehicle and apologies to the person that i have rammed into and i will offer to repair there vehicle if it has been severely damaged then once i have finished repairing their vehicle i will repair my own vehicle if it has been damaged and get back in the car and let the other person go first then i will go on my way making sure i will look behind and infront of me ensuring that there is no other vehicles in the vicinity then i will drive off. 

So I dont really understand the time line, you say your friend's arma crashed causing him to turn in the opposite direction straight towards a plane?

then despite his arma crashing, he left the server 4 minutes later?

Are you sure you wish to continue with this angle or do you want to come clean? Bear in mind if we find out you have tried to lie to us you will get a perm ban.

The appeal has been Timed out, We are unable to keep ban appeals open indefinitely, You may reopen a new appeal but don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back