What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - spongebob battle roy - 11/07/18 (denied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name
pc1

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
11/07/18

Member of the team that banned you.
n/a, automatic

Reason given for your ban.
Racism

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I said the word "nibba" in side chat in a friendly way and the automoderator picked it up as racism, which could be construed as a breach of rule 1.2, though I feel that in the context the word was used it is more of a breach of rule 1.3.

Why should we unban you ?
I wasn't intending to be racist, I deliberately used the word "nibba" instead of anything else because it's so inoffensive compared to anything else that I didn't think it was racist at all. It was used in a casual, jokey manner that couldn't possibly have caused offence to people (in my personal opinion), given both the context of its usage and the word itself not being as severe as some of the other terms I could've used but obviously didn't 'cos they're racist. I was explaining to people about a little project I'm working on regarding the efficiency of various resource runs and someone commented that mugging was the most efficient, leading me to say something along the lines of "I'm talking about resource runs here nibba", immediately getting me banned. It does seem a little overzealous! I do realise that the term could be described as racist by some (A very significant minority, I've personally never met anyone who has taken offence at it nor even had anyone say that they know anyone who finds it offensive), but I have never heard it used in a deliberately racist and discriminatory way and I thought the term "nibba" was pretty much coined as a non-offensive term. Here's a video of the event, displaying the non-racist context:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll definitely not be saying it again though if I get unbanned; I am sorry that I used the term if it is believed to be racist and capable of causing offence to members of the community. I only used it because of my own personal experience of people not getting offended by it, but naturally if there are members of the community who are offended by it, then I would like to extend my apologies to them. I believe it's an honest mistake to make and I hope I can return to the community as I really enjoy it here and I intend on contributing as much as possible in a positive way if I am unbanned. It was never my intention to cause offence to anyone; it was just a poor choice of word on my behalf.

[SIZE=1.4rem]Please confirm this unban request is for you.[/SIZE]

Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a tad concerned that you thought it was okay to begin with. The word you used is so very clearly a variation of the "N" word, I fail to see how anyone could think that it was ok to use! We do not tolerate racism in any of its forms here at RPUK, which is one of the reasons we have the auto-moderation in place on the server.

I'm a tad concerned that you thought it was okay to begin with. The word you used is so very clearly a variation of the "N" word, I fail to see how anyone could think that it was ok to use! We do not tolerate racism in any of its forms here at RPUK, which is one of the reasons we have the auto-moderation in place on the server.
I thought it was a very casual term to the point where it wasn't racist. It's a slip up on my half and I really am sorry for causing any offence. I would never be deliberately and maliciously racist or discriminatory to anyone. This was a really poor choice of words and a massive failure on my behalf. It'll never happen again should I be unbanned. I fully support any action against racism, but I would like to stress that at no point was I trying to be offensive to any group of people at all. That's just not me. To me, it's sort of like how "shite" is a widely more acceptable form of "shit", but that clearly isn't the case and I do apologise. Offence was never my intention at any stage.

Sadly for you, a 1.2 ban is a perm ban. you may appeal it in 6 months, in the Permanent appeal section.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back