What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - TCK Pee Money - 09/01/2017 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCK Pee Money

In-game Name
[TCK] Pee Money

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
08/14/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Fadey boy

Reason given for your ban.
OOC abuse i called someone a cunt

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Well unfortunately here we are again. I messed up and faced the punishments associated with it. I lost my temper with a chap called Rct. Offset for cheating and breaking rules in-game (whom has now been banned for doing just that).
I understand fully what I’ve done wrong, I’ve been a member of this community for a long time and understand and respect the staff team’s decision. However i do feel that
(1.3) Swearing at someone outside of roleplay is not tolerated and will be punished by a ban
I’ve quite simply broken this rule and know full well it was a foolish thing to do. On this occasion I’ve lost my temper, made a stupid comment and paid the just price. Next time round I’d follow the simple mantra of not typing in OOC when I’m feeling angry or frustrated and not take incidents of others rule breaking as an excuse for me to break rules too.

Why should we unban you ?
If given a second chance I’d look to take a calmer attitude towards others, it’s only a game and I want to have fun without spoiling others fun by swearing and in general being rude outside of roleplay.
I messed up, I’ve taken time out to reflect upon this instead of putting an appeal in straight away and now have a much clearer frame of mind and hope you can instil your trust in me once again to be a part of this community and provide my unique and interesting style of Geordie roleplay.
Kind regards,
Pee Money Oi Oi

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

It's a bad word to say... a word I use daily towards friends (Cardoso)

I think what we need to know here is if the person you called was offended and if where was anyone around you who were offended, Yes it's against the rules but this is one of the rules that should be softer unless the person is going completely potty at someone (swearing with meaning)

Before you worry obviously we are not going to ask the person as there banned... so it's likely they are going to yes they were offended.

You have stated you lost your temper so it must have been used in an aggressive manner rather than a jokey one ? @F A D E what happened here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wilco So while on admin duty I saw that Pee Money was having a conversation with two other parties and baring in mind that Pee Money had been warned by myself on a player report for OOC abuse, which while having a conversation with two other parties on the server it got heated where Pee Money started to say inappropriate things which he had already had a warning point for.

Me saying that i lost my temper was a bit over exaggerated i mean yeah the guy did piss me off, but in no way was i trying to talk to him in an offensive way. People that know me know it's just how i word things and how i speak. Like you stated @Wilco, most of us use the word cunt daily and we don’t mean it in a offensive way. I do genuinely think that the guy  were winding me up to get some form of reaction and i unfortunately took the bait. And apparently he did laugh in sidechat after the ban was issued i was told.

I dont think the guy was offended as he took it upon himself to join TCK lobby a few days after my ban to come and troll us. Clearly looking for some reaction telling us he wanted to know how it was like in a “hobo” lobby.

Pee

I think a big part that factors into this is culture and upbringing, in some countries such as England and Scotland the word is used more flippantly but we have to appreciate that not everyone appreciates the term. Around the world it could be considered part of a friendly greeting (Australia) and in others its the worst possible thing you could say to a human being (America) topping out words that on this community would see you permanently banned. 

So I raise to you, having known you already had a warning regarding your OOC interactions with other players, be they rulebreakers or not, would it not have been wiser to limit your choice of colourful vocabulary in the presence of those that don't know you and might take it the wrong way. Lest you end up exactly where you are now?

I do know that yes it was stupid of me to use the word in front of those people and at the time wasn't thinking they would take it to offence, I see now how i should of reacted better and will make sure I think next time before typing in a way that could be missinterpreted to someone who didn't know me

Pee

I could go through the same ban appeal procedures that I do on most appeals, but in this case I want to ask something a little different because of your previous warnings for OOC abuse. 

Please could you explain in your own words why we have this rule in place. (At least go into some detail, around a paragraph) 

Last edited by a moderator:
*People shouldn’t have to face abuse when they play here, we don’t want huge swearing shouting matches in OOC. If we allowed people to swear at and abuse each other it would very quickly become a hostile environment. I feel I overstepped the mark, even though it was pretty minor. Other people have been excused for saying much worse terms, especially discriminatory terms, and I feel I shouldn’t be punished for using a word I commonly use without thinking. 
I understand why we have the rule in place and of course will hold my tongue in future.

After some discussion with other staff members we have come to the conclusion to unban you as we feel this was a slip of the tongue from a word you use as a commonplace term, however we will not be giving you a third chance, any more incidents of OOC abuse will result in a permanent ban.

Unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back