What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - TCK Tommy Shelby - 03/01/2017 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

In-game Name
TCK Tommy Shelby

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
03/01/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
DELETER

Reason given for your ban.
Teleporting

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for my own mistake whilst also messing around but mainly due to my mistake which would've caused a great inconvenience, along with a graphics bug causing me to have to restart arma.

Essentially what happened was I spawned at my house, which is around 5km from any sort of garage etc, now usually when I spawn in I always press 'spawn garage' which is at the bottom of my spawn menu every time, to instantly spawn at my garage in Kavala, its become pretty much second nature and I generally just do it out of habit, the reason the house is at the bottom is because my other two properties are garages, so I think that's why the house is at the bottom, either way I know that's irrelevant, obviously it's convenient. Earlier in the day I purchased the house and after the 8pm restart I pressed the bottom spawn button accidentally spawning me at this house.
Just before the 8pm restart I was in a gunfight with police and had died, now in the time waiting for a medic i was constantly tabbing in and out of game, after being revived I tabbed out and in, about 7:58pm, which caused the graphics bug, when your player looks like a triangle and all textures are blocked etc and you have around 2 fps.
Now usually I would restart arma, however pretty much instantly after getting the bug the server restarted. I thought that the problem would fix itself.
Almost straight after restart I spawned in my house, as I stated above it was on accident, now I bought this house as my friend had one around 50m away, he also had spawned at his house, now when i got into the sever I realized that i still had the low texture bug, but as my friend was about to spawn in I decided to put my GPS in my bag and go to his house and shoot at his windows, obviously as just a joke, after that I had no other choice but to restart arma so I did. Now the reason I understand this looks suspicious is due to the fact that my friend who had also spawned had his arma crash only a few minutes after I had restarted arma. However I think we can all agree that the server / arma is pretty unpredictable so crashes / getting kicked can be a common occurrence.
Now when I rejoined I spawned in kavala, because as I stated before i did not mean to spawn at my house, there was no needs as I have still not gotten round to buying any crates, so it wasn't to get gear and then re-log, I already had gear, so me spawning and then re-spawning on purpose would've served me no benefit. I also didn't see the point in re-spawning at my house to have to run for a good 20 minutes to the nearest garage.

About 10 minutes before I was banned I saw my friend was banned for teleporting and he told me that Deleter had also suspected me for doing the same, which I completely understood, as it did look like that was what I was doing, and obviously the fact that he had a similar issue made it look even worse, so i did message Deleter in game asking if I could have a word just to explain the situation and clear anything up. If I had wanted to teleport I equally would not have just restarted the whole game, rather just exited to the lobby.

Again I completely 100% understand why this seems weird with my friend also disconnecting but at the end of the day that's just part of whats happened. Its unfortunate but once again i'll say that there is NO reason for me to go to my house and re-spawn, there is no benefit on my behalf, no gear to gain or take off, nothing to store  / take out of the T-menu etc. This wasn't a case of spawning in the black market, or going to pygros, getting geared and then re-logging in Kavala, It was all a simple misclick on the spawn menu and the annoyance of having to restart the game because of a bug and once again served NO benefits to myself, just to add the reason I did not class / at the time see it as teleporting, although I do now.

I've put a lot of effort into this as I think I've justified my actions, at least to the extent for you to understand why I did not conceive this to be teleporting at the time it took place. And to show I actually do want to be un-banned. 

The rule broken -  

[SIZE=medium](2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban. [/SIZE]

Now i understand also that I was not killed, I also was not stuck, however it was a genuine mistake, and by mistake i mean i spawned somewhere which as i said would take probbaly upwards of 20-30 minutes to run to a garage. Now I guess I should've just respawned back at my house but as you can imagine it seemed pretty pointless due to the extreme marathon i'd have to run in order to get anywhere, so at the time I didn't see myself doing anything wrong. As i said, we all make small in-game mistakes, even if this wasn't an 'roleplay' mistake.

Now spawning in my house to scare a mate as he spawned would be pretty pathetic plus I would definitely see that as blatant teleporting. Another reason why I'd like to think obvious that also wasn't the reason.

I didn't spawn, go to get gear / do any runs, then decide to go to kavala quickly, i've never done that / never would, i'd always drive / get my own transport there.

In regards to evidence, I don't have any, the reason for this is because arma didn't crash, I personally closed it as it just had the graphics bug, so nothing shows in the event viewer, i equally don't have a video, one because I didn't think I was doing anything unreasonable, two because I was not made aware that I may have been considered for teleporting until around 10-15 minutes after the incident occured, where i'd already restarted the game, so the recording wouldn't have shown previous in-game footage anyway, only the current session.

Why should we unban you ?
I believe that as somebody who has never been banned or gotten in to problems on the server before, and as a keen roleplayer and active member of the community I should be able to come back over a mistake, yes it seems very convenient but lets not forget that whilst in game if you do something such as what i did you don't tend to think of it as teleporting / a rule break, as I nothing I did was beneficial to me. I generally get on with everyone in the community and enjoy the ingame / TS banter with everyone.

I didn't spawn, go to get gear / do any runs etc, then decide to go to kavala so log, i've never done that / never would, i'd always drive / get my own transport there.

I'm not making excuses saying I was tired / in a bad mood etc, I literally just made a mistake which i've never done before, its just unfortunate that an admin was watching at that time.
i've been part of the community for almost a year now, I always end up coming on almost everyday, its generally just a great place to have a good time on.
This isn't a ban for bad role play and so doesn't in any way reflect on myself in game, rather just an honest mistake which I thought nothing of.

I genuinely enjoy this community, and again as somebody who always sticks to the rules I do believe that this is something that can be easily sorted out, everyone makes small mistakes in game, sometimes you're just unlucky to have someone see.

This isn't something to do with fail role play / RDM / VDM etc, as i hope many of you know i'm a keen and enthusiastic role player, mainly trying to make people laugh in game etc, and I feel that this mistake is not reflective on myself in game as stated before. Mistakes happen, often you don't think about them. This wasn't a 'role play' mistake, rather than just an in-game mistake that's easy to make. 

I personally see this incident as relatively minor, I didn't do it to exploit, gain benefits, cheat, ruin RP or cause any trouble. It was a mistake which was seen but acted upon as an intentional rule break, although understandable. 

Again I know the whole thing about two of us having arma problems and then both re-spawning sounds awfully convenient, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it. 

I also have to admit that, and i'm honestly not just saying this, RPUK has too be the best RP server out there that i've come across, I was never into rp before a friend introduced me to the server, but i've hopped on a couple just to see what they're all like and how they differ etc, and this is by far the best, other servers acceptable RP is litterally, 'hands up or you're dead'. And tbh I found even trying to mess about on them in the past frustrating because you couldn't walk to the end of our 'kavala greenzone' without 'hands or up die'. 

This is most probably the only RP server i'd bother to write an unban appeal for, and also the only server i'd actually stay for the long haul with.

Thanks, Tom.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the colour coded appeal, sort of reminds me of Big momma's house 2 and the mothers chores board..

I understand your perspective of events and I respect that, however you DID use your game crash to an advantage; even if you had made staff aware or encountered any sort of arma 3 bug/error/crash that would lead to yo having to log off you would be expected to spawn in at the CLOSEST or same place. That is where the problem occurs.

I hope you understand that this is a permanent ban worthy offence.. I am satisfied with your actual appeal. I am going to unban you however if you ever 'conveniently' get a game crash again I think you know how it'll go.

I've spoken to several staff members and the general opinion is....

Unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back