What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - The Cobra - 04/22/2017 (Unbanned 02/05/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PabIo

In-game Name
Cobra

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
03/15/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Drew

Reason given for your ban.
(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was eating a lovely Chinese that i had waited a hour for it. Was hungry all day. Was also going to do some of my A-level work that i needed to get done. I was in TS and was messaged by my mate saying that he was gonna sell some rare gear. Like Carrier rigs green , Mos, 25 silencers. Mad stuff for super cheap. I thought that i couldn't miss the opportunity. Would think it would only take me 5 minutes. I gave my friend £2,000,000 for a half cut of the loot in his house. I decided that i only wanted half the gear so i shared with another mate also. We drove to his and i proceeded to get the gear that i had just bought. I forgot to bring a vehicle , i was planning to bring a orca over to transport all of the stuff but i was being lazy. They wanted to go to the house really quick and sort it out so i couldnt really wait to long. I was expecting to get this message and do all this as i had no idea he had all of this gear, also i was already doing IRL stuff. . After i got the items or well some of them, couldnt get the MK-1's and stuff as i would have to put it in a vehicle i decided because of the lack of time that i had i would log out , log in into my house deposit what i had , go back to the nearest garage get a vehicle get the weapons then drive to my house. That was the plan but i was banned after i spawned in my house and deposited the gear.

Why should we unban you ?
Firstly id like to say that I'm sorry. I fucked up and i know that. My own actions and the results of me being lazy have caused this. I am genuinely really sorry, i really love this server and would hate to lose the great privilege of playing it because of me being lazy.

Secondly i 100% know I've clearly broken a rule ( as stated above) and I'm defiantly in the wrong. I'm not going to make some excuse that i didn't mean to do it, that it was accident or anything like that. As i mentioned it was last minute and i was busy IRL so i wanted to do things as quick as possible. I didn't think it was too bad as its not like I'm spawning into a fight but just storing some gear or ruining someone else experience id NEVER do that on purpose at all. Again i still know its wrong but i really wanted the items, it was a bargain and it was a now or never type of deal. If you want proof in the form of a video saying " i was really expecting to get the gear now , ill have to go and get a car now " , I didn't even have a backpack. Luckily there was one in the house. I know this isn't a excuse to get me out of the ban or make it look any better then what it is but its my reasoning for it.

Thirdly , I personally think you should unban me as i was just being lazy. I forgot to get the helicopter , didn't have the time to go and get it so i thought id just log. I know you can argue that i shouldn't of been on the server if i wasn't willing to follow the rules and that's fair enough. Its just the deal was so good. It was gonna save me a immense amount of farming time in the future and i would have it all in my house and wouldn't have to risk it going to rebel outposts. I wouldn't say im a negative person or bring any harmful vibes to the sever. Im you average guy trying make the gang his in the best and in turn make rebels better. If i do get unbanned I'm not intending to play straight away, properly give it a few weeks before i play again as self punishment for my actions.

Fourthly, I would say that there are a lot worse things that you could be banned with for sure. Especially things that harm another persons experience on the server. I am more then willing for the admins to take the gear that i got from that house. Granted i would lose millions of pounds worth of gear around £4,000,000 but its what i get for being lazy and stupid. So in doing so that would mean that the teleporting wouldn't of happened and i would of just lost a lot of money and time spent doing runs and so on. Another bit of punishment.

There's not much i can say if I'm honest. This is more of a beg for the admins to unban me. I knew it was wrong when i did it and i take full responsibility for my actions. I have no excuses or nothing to even barter into my favour. I can only ask for forgiveness.

Generally as a person i would say I'm defiantly one of the more active members on the server. I'm on every single day more or less. On for a lot of hours also. I like to thing i add to the server in bringing back a strong rebel presence into the server with my gang. My aim is to get gangs that are as powerful as the gangs that ruled the servers well over a year and a half ago. Im very passionate about this and really really want it to happen. Also i regularly arrange operations and attacks on the UNMC which i know they enjoy because half the time they message me saying it was good fun. Gives them guys something to do instead of making sure snails dont cross their borders. I heard its pretty boring. I'm saying in short that i can offer a lot to this server and like to think that i do try my best to do this in any way i can. In my opinion its a minor ban and i cant add to the server or try my best to help it when I'm banned.

Also i try to make everyone feel welcome on the server. This was the first server i started on and i understand what it was like to start on and how first impressions are vital ones. This is why my gang cannot rob hobos unless there being disrespectful or rude to the gang members. Something gangs have forgotten. Taxing. I'm always telling my guys the rules and what they can and cant doing. Giving them good roleplay stories they can use in situations to avoid danger and gun fights. Again what I'm saying in this is that i believe i have a impact on the people around me and am always telling them about the rules and making sure they also add to the server and not pull another players experience down. I am very passionate about this and believe that i should do everything i can to better peoples experiences.

Id like to think to the small circle of people i have around me i do add a lot to and am a good assets to them and the server . To the wider community i am always commenting my suggestions on the forums and giving people my opinion on matters. I put a lot of time and effort in these because i think that if it benefits the server then its defiantly worth the effort that i put into. I am really passionate about improving the server and do believe that a little guy like me can benefit the greater good. This is why I'm putting effort into this as i really really want to be unbanned. It would save me a lot of time and effort to not write these really long posts. It would save me hours of time and a lot of hassle. But i do them because I'm passionate. Take the gear. I wont play for a good while. I know I'm in the wrong and that'll be a more suitable punishment for the actions I've done. Personally i think its one of the lighter things you can be banned for. So i beg of you please please unban me. Take the gear and instead ill give my self a ban of at least 2 weeks by not playing. If it gets refused i completely understand. I fucked up and for that I'm really sorry :(

Below ill link some of the things i have added my opinion to recently.

I added a lot to this forum post i started about half way down page three. I spend around 2 hours arguing my case of the top of my head and i got my opinion heard. I felt strongly about this because i have fought UNMC a lot and believe they take striders out without having to pay a price similar to rebels. I personally believe that the retrieval price should be higher so i argued my opinion.

This is properly one of my better suggestions. I spent days working on this and figuring out ways of making sure things were balance and it got a lot of +1's and i still would really like the idea to get more traction and for it to get denied or accepted. I personally think it would be an excellent idea and would benefit the server greatly hence the suggestion.

This was a post i made to try and find old players for my gang and hope that i could recruit them and make a really strong gang that could make gang bases come back. Sadly most of the players were in well set up places so there wasn't anyone that i thought i could approach.

I even stole Gen. Blazes beret to boost the reputation for my gang! I do try my best and put a lot of effort into things.

Lastly i would like to say that i hope the stuff and the evidence provided in the form of forum links. Proves that I'm not just chatting absolute rubbish and that i do actually try my best to add to the server.

Thank you for reading this extremely long unban request i hope that it reassures you in what ever decision you decided to make :)

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

I am just saying im aware that this is a repetition of my previous ban. I think this personally covers my situation the best and i wouldn't be able to reliterate it any better. Some of the links arent working so its properly better to look at the old one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As im sure you are well aware this is the rule you broke - 

(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

Through out your appeal you see this to be a "minor offense" how so?  - @Samatlewis brings up a fair point in your last appeal -

"Yes there are but this also affects other peoples experience on the server. You get the gear, teleport. That is losing the potential for you to be caught by the police transporting the items, or even robbed by someone else. You could also have crashed and lost it all or had an encounter with the NHS."

(I Know you responded to the above, however its still a very important point that proves that "Teleportation" is not a minor offense!)

You allowed "virtual greed" to get the better of you.

One of my favorite quotes is the following "personally think you should unban me as i was just being lazy" - No, unfortunately it does not work like that as you should know Mr Cobra! you have been here long enough to know "laziness" is not a valid excuse! 

Along with that, the Unban thread is not a "look at my suggestion pls" Thread, all we want to know is your side of the story, why you did it, your opinions on it, how would you better yourself as a player and how will you stop yourself from putting yourself in the same situation if you were to be unbanned! 

That being said, Mr Cobra you have been around for a fair while, From my memory i dont believe you were ever a player to cause alot of "Shit" if I am right? 

The main reason I am so hesitant to unban you is due to your previous ban for "RDM"

So if we were to allow you back into our servers, what would do differently? What will stop you from becoming "Lazy" again? 

Through out your appeal you see this to be a "minor offense" how so?  - @Samatlewis brings up a fair point in your last appeal -

"Yes there are but this also affects other peoples experience on the server. You get the gear, teleport. That is losing the potential for you to be caught by the police transporting the items, or even robbed by someone else. You could also have crashed and lost it all or had an encounter with the NHS."

(I Know you responded to the above, however its still a very important point that proves that "Teleportation" is not a minor offense!)
My point in this being a " minor offence " is that for another players experience to be harmed they would have to one find me and then get me. They would be required to initiate an encounter with me. Something RDM i have a direct effect on them as I've just killed them and the situation is already in progress , or someones robbing me and i log out. Those things have a direct effect on them as they don't have to find me. The location that my house is situated in is very quiet and theres no need for players to go there. I am not defending what i did by any means , theres no grey zone,  no if and buts, it was a clear rule break. But in my opinion it harms another persons experience very little compared to the majority of other rules. It would be the difference between someone logging off while there being robbed at gun point or someone logging out. Yes technically speaking the person logging out has an effect on all things mentioned above, the same way a rebel with gear in kavala logs out. Police could find him and sieze his items but theres no problem with him logging out as that situation hasn't been initiated. So by the minor offence if you had to chose between teleporting and RDM in which is more important the RDM would be choosen as it an overall greater effect on someones experiance. 

You allowed "virtual greed" to get the better of you.

One of my favorite quotes is the following "personally think you should unban me as i was just being lazy" - No, unfortunately it does not work like that as you should know Mr Cobra! you have been here long enough to know "laziness" is not a valid excuse! 
Yes you are right virtual greed definatly did get the better of me. I looked at the items i had on me and thought that that was the next few months of gear. I knew that the gear i had acquired would settle me for a long time for sure. Now no one is a fan of grinding out runs i dont think anyone will disagree with that, thats why rebels rob eachother ! So there defiantly was a relief when i had the items on me. 

One of my favorite quotes is the following "personally think you should unban me as i was just being lazy" - No, unfortunately it does not work like that as you should know Mr Cobra! you have been here long enough to know "laziness" is not a valid excuse! 
Again bang on. I know its not an excuse at all. I dont have any. Theres no a bit of me that thinks i should use this excuse or say this or that. Im not a fool i know fully well what i have done is against the rules and theres no defence for that at all. But the whole " Lazy " thing was just what happend. Me and the other buyer intend to go to the house, see what was in it. Work out splitting the loot. Bring helis and transfer it. As i do all the other times. So we set of in 1 offroad. I didnt have a backpack which is just shows how little i was expecting to move the gear out once we were there. 

When we arrived we looked in the crates and the owner of the house was telling us to grab the gear and go. This wasnt the plan at all. There was that much good gear there that i didnt at the time want to risk getting a orca. Wasting more of the owners time and him potentiality telling me to forget about it and bugger off. Greed defiantly got the better of me. I tell my own gang not to be greedy and I've bitten my own tounge in this situation. It defiantly not like me. I'd always get a orca and put it in there. When my gang robbed a house with 45+ weapons in. Over 15 million worth of gear i didnt log nor did the others , we loaded into the heli. My client crashed and we lost it all. 

I genuinely was being lazy, influence by my greed to have the gear. I should of followed my gut and got the orca out and a backpack and went there and spent the 10 minutes it would of taken to do that. But i genuinely thought we were just gonna look the first time and get the helis the second time. 

Along with that, the Unban thread is not a "look at my suggestion pls" Thread, all we want to know is your side of the story, why you did it, your opinions on it, how would you better yourself as a player and how will you stop yourself from putting yourself in the same situation if you were to be unbanned! 
The Whole point about me linking suggestions was to show that this isnt like me, ( ill talk about the RDM in a sec). Im usually starting gangs up, slamming out suggestions into what i personally think could improve the server. It was more to show what im like as a person with evidence rather then chat random nonsense without proof. The time it takes me to think of the suggestions and right them and get feedback of people before i suggest them takes a few days, especially the well written ones. I wouldn't waste my own time if i was gonna throw it down the drain on purpose. 

That being said, Mr Cobra you have been around for a fair while, From my memory i dont believe you were ever a player to cause alot of "Shit" if I am right? 
I've been around 2 years now on August 24th. The first server i joined on Arma really. Wanted to test how my computer ran on a max pop server but i was instantly hooked. Couldn't stop playing the server and i think i owe a lot of my favourite Arma 3 memories too. 2.5K hours later and im still playing. This is the only incident to my memory out of the three that i personally dont think i have a valid defence for or reasons why. The two bans i have received of recent have been the only ones i have gotten over a seriously long amount of play time. 

The main reason I am so hesitant to unban you is due to your previous ban for "RDM"
Well, i'd rather not going into this due to the size of the entire issue and all the inns and outs. It would take a extremely long time to explain. I'd gladly explain it over teamspeak as it would take a lot less time to explain. In short, there was a lot of staff members involved ( 5 alone just on my unban request)  and opinions clashing and what not. I personally still believe i fell victim to a incomplete system and just fell down a loop hole into it. That and the way that people reacted to what happend made it a very long situation. As i say i can explain about it over teamspeak as the situation is a good ol mighty one. If i had proof of the situation it would of been cleaned up a lot sooner. But apart from that i hadnt been banned in well over a year. Got more recommendations then bans for that period of time. The " RDM" was bound to happen to someone with the way that the system worked i was just unfortunate that it happened to me. 

So if we were to allow you back into our servers, what would do differently? What will stop you from becoming "Lazy" again? 
Well due to my influence on my gang " Ascension" being weakend due to the ban it gone down hill a little and the days are short i sense. Ill properly end up joining a faction. 2 years of being a rebel and at time it can get a bit stale. Depending on how things with my gang go ill properly join either police or more likely , if i get in UNMC. The strict standards and the rigorously well maintained standards will for sure straighten me out as ill have a lot to be doing and think about. Since ive had a good crack at making high tier gangs on a multitude of islands that page of my book is done. I'd like to maybe get in AR team in the police as that looks like great fun or as mentioned above, slam my way through the UNMC ranks and General Cobra might become a thing and i wouldn't just have the beret.  As i say this is the first time I've been lazy, just like a baby, once you touch the hot kettle once, you know not to do it again. 

Right. 

Don't let me regret my decision here.

Unbanned for a final chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back