What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Thymen - 18/03/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thymen

In-game Name
Mike Litoris

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
10/02/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Roberts

Reason given for your ban.
VDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I had a car shop in kavala where I was selling cars. I sold a couple of them to some guys. Then the police came and an officers told me i need to remove the car from that location. He didnt want to talk so I moved to my car to move it but then he already impounded it. I told him that i was going to move the cars to anther location. Then he walked up to the second car when i was in it driving backwards. The fact that i did what he told me to do (move the cars) without giving me the time to move the cars was what irritated me and that was the moment I drove him over (VDM) wich of course is unacceptable but its how it went.

Why should we unban you ?
As staf advised I looked trough the rules also because I was curious how much of the rules i knew (since last time ive read them was a long time ago). But I think that is not relevant for this situation. I knew it was not allowed but when I drove him over it felt like it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I know thinking this way is wrong and you guys dont want it on the server. But Im just telling honestly what was going trough my mind. To prevent this in the future i tought by a couple of things I could to next time: 1: drive/walk off 2: Contact player afterwards and talk about it 3: try to give the rp a different direction and making it fun again.
I know I have a history on the server and the uk server is in my opinion one of the best rp servers (if not the best :), but I really needed to work on how to handle situations correctly. Also I want to apologize for the vdm and the situations you staff had to deal with in the past! Not because i need to fill in this form but because I really enjoyed playing on the server and I really feel sad that I messed up again!

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

But I think that is not relevant for this situation. I knew it was not allowed but when I drove him over it felt like it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
So you think its fine to break rules because its just "not a big deal?"

I really needed to work on how to handle situations correctly
Indeed, which brings me to:

You've been warned countless times before you got banned 

1. Stealing a vehicle in the GZ
  2. Baiting
  3. Poor RP
  4. Desync Ramming
  5. VDM
  6. Finally banned for VDM
So why should we even bother wasting more time if you clearly can't follow the rules at all?

"So you think its fine to break rules because its just "not a big deal?" ".

No it is not right to break rules even if its not a big deal. But that was what i thought at that moment. Rules should never be broken because it ruins the rp experience. So I fully understand that it was wrong for me to think that!

"So why should we even bother wasting more time if you clearly can't follow the rules at all? "

Well, thats a good question! I wanted to say that I will improve myself but looking at my history im thinking "How can I promise that if I did promised it before". But when i play on the server it is always with a good intention. The good experiences I had are the reason I would like to come back on the server. For me the learning point is to handle some situations in a way that I dont break a rule. And im not the best at it I agree! But I do work on it to improve on that part. As I said ive read the rules and know the rules again to make sure I cant go wrong on that part. Also if I can rejoin I will take a step by doing things that are less risky for me (driving as taxi, doing runs, Selling cars). And I want to make a promise that I wont break any rules on purpose ever again. It was a very childish reaction from me and I felt really stupid looking back on it. But I will understand it if you choose to denie it since i got so many chances!

Now this is your 3rd ban for VDM I believe you were told you weren't going to last long on your last appeal and here you are almost 2 months later trying to appeal yourself out of your fifth ban. Counting your bans and warnings you have 11 total with 400 hours on our server you get caught breaking a rule for every 40th hour you play. I wonder how many that would be counting the ones you weren't caught for? (I want you to think about this for a while and give me an answer)

1: drive/walk off 2: Contact player afterwards and talk about it 3: try to give the rp a different direction and making it fun again.
Now here you have 3 completely decent options you could've chosen to do so how come you instead decided to run over the officer? 

play on the server it is always with a good intention
Now I respect that quote and it is something I believe I do as well so what do you think makes us so different how come you have gotten into trouble 11 times and I haven't?
In an earlier ban appeal you blamed that you hang around Kavala a lot and hanging around with "hobos" influence you badly. Now I also spent a lot of my time as a civ going around Kavala but with opposite effect I would see myself helping the hobos instead. teaching them what to do, giving them help with new trucks etc. and I'll be honest sometimes these people will be very nice and follow the rules but sometimes they will start to break rules and when they do I don't decide to go "hey this hobo who just joined VDM'd so I better start doing so as well" 

Now lastly if you were to get unbanned what would you do and how would you make sure you do not break another rule?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Counting your bans and warnings you have 11 total with 400 hours on our server you get caught breaking a rule for every 40th hour you play. I wonder how many that would be counting the ones you weren't caught for? (I want you to think about this for a while and give me an answer)"

Wow I thought I had way more hours on the server since my total time on arma is 2500 hour. But now that you put it in perspective it is a lot of punishments :( Whenever there is a problem (for example me breaking a rule) I always try to sort it out if possible. So I don't try to "get away with it". If I break a rule most of the time the person contacts me or I contact him to sort it out. But you are right on the fact that beside the 11 punishments there are probably more rule breaking on my side and my apology for those cases still stands. If I have to create a timeline of the rule breaking I would say that in the beginning it was because of boredom and not really playing the game right (not with the focus on rp). Then I had school where I did something to get banned on purpose to focus on school (which was my previous ban if im correct). After that I promised to behave and here I am banned. I can only explain it as a childish behavior and an action without thought.

Now lastly if you were to get unbanned what would you do and how would you make sure you do not break another rule?

As I said before I would like to promise it as before, but that feels kinda pointless because I also promised previous times. However I mean it if I say that I learned from it and understand how to behave in a different way if a certain "irritated" feeling comes up next time. What I would do if I can come back: Taxi driving and offering special services to make money (for example bringing downed people to a hospital, sell cars etc), rob gas stations, rob some people if I think they have high value stuff. To make sure I am not going to break a rule I did/will do a couple of things: Reread the rules, in irritated situations leave the area, and most important think twice before I do something.

Reread the rules, in irritated situations leave the area, and most important think twice before I do something.
Now this is easy to say but what I am interested in is what steps you will take to make sure that you actually do this rather then just say you will. 

After that I promised to behave and here I am banned. I can only explain it as a childish behavior and an action without thought.
Whilst I do like your answer and appreciate the effort put into it I am still looking for a number answer on how many times you think you've broken a rule on our servers and not officially been warned / banned for it? 

Now lastly if you were to get un-banned you would be permanently banned if you were to break another rule with no chance of appeal for a 6 month period would you agree to these terms?

Now this is easy to say but what I am interested in is what steps you will take to make sure that you actually do this rather then just say you will.
I dont understand what I have to write here. The things I named are the steps I will take to prevent rule breaking. Whatever I put as an awnser it will always be a promise until proven that it worked out the right way right? I cant come up with a step to make sure I actually will do it because at the end of the day it will depend on if I will do it (and I will). So its not that I dont want to awnser but I just dont understand it I think.

Whilst I do like your answer and appreciate the effort put into it I am still looking for a number answer on how many times you think you've broken a rule on our servers and not officially been warned / banned for it? 
Well I tought about it but actually i think it is not that much. Because as far as I can remember players in the server including me do record game play and are very strict in dealing with situations where someone breaks a rule. So in my experience there is not many cases where I broke a rule and didnt get a warning. But in total if I also count accidents and situations that are solved with the player I would say around 3 times (based on how many times I comped someone).

Now lastly if you were to get un-banned you would be permanently banned if you were to break another rule with no chance of appeal for a 6 month period would you agree to these terms?
I would agree

Alright then I will give you a final chance don't fuck it up as if you do you'll have to make yourself a perm appeal in 6 months time 

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back