What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Ziffy - 14/07/18 (Denied - Redirected to Perm Appeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziffy

In-game Name
its coming home

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
10/07/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Yankee

Reason given for your ban.
1.7 + 4.4

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
During the situation leading up to my eventual ban, apparently there were a number of coincidences which made it apparent that I was metagaming and that I should be banned. This is for the 4.4 rule break.
During the situation, I was in a building with a police officer until my friend Kekman stormed the building and killed the officer and left and went to another building and when the officer was transferring me to that building, Kekman shot at him, and we also had a hellcat in the air the whole time, using thermals, who would have spotted me being moved to that specific building. I didn't say anything in direct because I heard Kekman coming and therefore didn't want to disturb or alert the police officer.
Then, later, once my cuffs were off and someone could come and roleplay me out of them, I put my hands back up and shortly after, Kekman enters the building and comes upstairs to the police officer's body. I agree, this is a coincidence but my friend didn't come straight over to me and instead went to the window/police officer first, until he noticed he could then roleplay me out of the handcuffs.
The third and final coincidence was that no video from our side could be shown due to the fact that I went AFK before I was contacted about the situation and I use shadowplay, and obviously I'm only going to record significant things and I didn't view this situation as significant at the time and so therefore from me there's no video. Kekman also didn't have a video.
The 1.7 rulebreak was completely my fault and I agree it was stupid because I said "//stop crying like a bitch" out of frustration, when the officer Kekman killed was complaining about me "metagaming".
I'm now going to quote the rules I apparently broke and explain them in my own words and explain why they're important to the server:
(1.7) As a roleplay game every situation is different and not everything can be detailed within these rules and so it is important to remember this is an adult community and some things simply come down to common sense. Things like the following; do not swear at people (out of roleplay), troll people, or bully people otherwise you will simply be banned from our servers.
This means that you should basically not say anything to offend someone out of roleplay whether that be a swear word or just a simple insult.
This is important because it keeps the community clean and lets people have a good time without anyone having any experiences where they feel offended or hurt.

(4.4) If you are restrained and communications have been removed you must not be active on any other forms of communications other than direct chat.
This rule means how when your comms have been taken you cannot communicate with your team via teamspeak or discord.
This rule is important because it stops you from having an unfair advantage in a gunfight.

Why should we unban you ?
I think I should be unbanned for a few reasons, I've not actually broken one of the rules I've been banned for, this is also my first ban in the 15 months or so of me being a part of this community and never being banned before is something I took great pride in but unfortunately that's been taken away from me. Another thing is that while on the server, I give good roleplay and play fair, and help people enjoy their time as much as I care about my own.
I think I am a decent member of the community who isn't here to be horrible or toxic despite the 1.7 rule break seeming that way. I used the phrase, "stop crying like a bitch" because I was frustrated that I was being accused of a rule which I haven't actually broke which actually happens very often hence why I was annoyed about it. It seems like every time you kill someone, they have something to say about it. What I'm saying is that, I'm not normally like this and I'm certainly not here to cause trouble, in fact I'm here for just about the same reason as everyone else, to have fun and that's been taken away from me for one silly mistake which I am genuinely sorry about. With regards to my other appeal which got rejected, the whole thing about me logging on after an admin told me not to, it must have just been a misunderstanding. I remember Yankee telling me, when I asked, that it would go against staff protocol to give me extra time before he banned me to go and pay rent on my houses. He might have said NOT to do it but I genuinely can't remember and in my other appeal I wasn't trying to lie or deceive you it was genuinely what I thought about it. As I also said in my other appeal though, if Yankee did tell me specifically not to do it, I am honestly sorry and I believe the whole thing was a misunderstanding. I do feel that as well, I didn't understand what I had done because Yankee didn't pull me up on it, instead he only mentioned it and laughed it off and that going along with me misinterpreting what he said I suppose led me to believe I'd done nothing wrong. I'll re-iterate, I am honestly sorry about it and after thinking and understanding it was a stupid thing to do.
Commonly asked questions:
1. What would you do if you were in a similar situation again?
2. How do we know that you won't make the same mistake again?
3. Have you learnt a lesson from this?
4. How can we be sure you know the rules properly?

ANSWERS:
1. I would ignore the officer or tell him to wait until the situation ends in order for there not to be any tension when the situation finally does go to liason (in this case it didn't)
2. I won't make the same mistake again because I know that I'll get banned and obviously I don't want that and from now on I'll do my absolute best not to get frustrated when I am being accused of something I haven't done.
3. Of course I've learnt a lesson from this which is purely the fact that getting annoyed at having an outburst is only going to get me into trouble which I really don't want/need so I know for a fact I won't do anything like this again.
4. I've re-read all of the rules to do with common sense and I now know them thoroughly, and this being the only thing I've been banned for in my 15 months spent here, I think it is clear that I know all of the rules to do with actually playing on the server.

To re-iterate, I've never been banned before, I give sufficient and fun roleplay while I'm on the server, one of the rulebreaks was a mistake fueled by frustration and the other, I didn't actually do, it was just assumed by staff.
Thank you for taking the time read this appeal and I hope to NEVER have to write another one of these.

I'd also just like to address the question asked by Alfred last time, and being banned for a week now has made me realise how much I do enjoy the server.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not actually broken one of the rules I've been banned for, this is also my first ban in the 15 months or so of me being a part of this community and never being banned before is something I took great pride in

I think I am a decent member of the community who isn't here to be horrible or toxic
Yet you have been warned for:

1. Threats to report
  2. VDMing
  3. Not hotmicing 
You then started messaging Yankee demanding video evidence of what you did, after you were asked to stop via the 16.4 rule you continued and started going on about him being "hypocritical".

You continue to claim innocence about "not knowing" you weren't told not to go on the server just so you can pay rent which I don't believe at all.

Also trying to "speed up" the process by just attempting to answer questions we ask without understanding why we ask them doesn't help you at all. 

So if you claim to be "not here to cause trouble" and take pride on "no being banned" why are you constantly being highlighted to us through your own actions, 3 of which ended up with you getting warnings?

Yet you have been warned for:

1. Threats to report
  2. VDMing
  3. Not hotmicing 
So, 1. I have no idea what this is about

2. VDM I take full responsibility that was completely stupid.

3. I've attempted to explain this but no one seems to believe me or I understand what I'm trying to say.

You then started messaging Yankee demanding video evidence of what you did, after you were asked to stop via the 16.4 rule you continued and started going on about him being "hypocritical".
In his TS description it said for any questions to ask him on discord if he's AFK so I did. Also, I wanted video evidence of the conversation to prove my innocence in that I wasn't "trying to make out that I didn't know". I genuinely didn't know and at the end of the day it's his word against mine in that respect and if you choose to believe him then that's your prerogative.

Also trying to "speed up" the process by just attempting to answer questions we ask without understanding why we ask them doesn't help you at all. 
I just felt it was unnecessary to ask me questions which I know I'm most likely going to be asked so it's more convenient if I just answer them at first.

So if you claim to be "not here to cause trouble" and take pride on "no being banned" why are you constantly being highlighted to us through your own actions, 3 of which ended up with you getting warnings?
Again, I'll take full responsibility for the VDM warning but the first one, I don't even know about and the third, I've tried to explain it but no one seems to understand and no I'm not here to cause trouble and I did take pride in not being banned. Everyone makes the odd mistake and I took pride in the fact that I hadn't made a big enough mistake to get myself banned. Obviously the mistake I've made now has however got me banned.

As further information has come to light literally a few minutes ago about another situation that you were involved in that you failed to report to the staff you will need to make a perm appeal not only for your current ban but also the situation you were involved in.   You can put this perm appeal in immediately

Denied - Redirected to a Perm Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back