What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Abdul - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul

Unban Appeal for Abdul 

In-game Name: Abdul Farooqi

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198861125531

Ban ID: !!rpuk14689!!

Reason given for your ban: (C2.1) Game modification

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for C2.1 (Game modification) i was banned for using a sound pack that changed the sound of weapons however it also changed the sound of footsteps and made them louder than base game GTA therefor giving myself an advantage on the average player.

Why should we unban you ?: I would like to start off by apologising for my ignorance in using a sound pack that breached the C2.1 rule. I was completely unaware that what I did was against the rules until a few days after I received the ban as up until that point not much had been said (and still hasn't been properly addressed) about sound packs and their compliance with the C2.1 game modification rule. Looking back on it i should have double checked with a developer or a staff member to ensure that I wasn't breaching any rules, but I didn't and now I'm having to appeal something that was 100% my fault and 100% avoidable. I would also like to express the fact that i did not intend to gain an advantage by using the sound pack however i cannot argue with the fact that it DID give me an advantage however unintentional it might have been. After receiving the ban i have reverted my GTA 5 files to default subsequently removing the sound pack. I do not intend to use another soundpack on RPUK or fivem in general at all or at least until there are some guidelines on what can and cant be used to avoid unnecessary risk.

If staff have any questions i will be more than happy to answer them truthfully.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening, @Abdul! I hope all is well with you aside from this ban 🙂

You have stated yourself that you're aware this sound pack had given you an advantage intentional or not.
Surely if you're aware of said advantage you'd be using this to your benefit? 

Hello @Danoo, I'm well thanks for asking! Hope the same can be said about yourself 🙂

Sure I can definitely see the perspective that it can give an advantage in certain situations. In my view at the time it was similar to stretched res and crosshair X, something which are controversial but permitted. The sound pack changed gun sounds, making them crisp and clear and more true to real life. The footsteps volume change was just something that was included in the sound pack. I didn't really think it was that big of a deal.

I understand what you're saying though. The sound pack did make footsteps louder along with a lot of other things so I understand the perspective you have. To me the footsteps were annoying rather than helpful, for me at least, for others maybe not. I'd like to clarify I'm not trying to downplay anything and I understand your points, all I am trying to do is explain that I didn't think at the time it was a major issue. It's very hard to see where the line is and the rules sometimes appear vague. As I said earlier I assumed this to be similar to changing your resolution.

What I should have done is removed the sound pack as soon as I heard the foot step sound. Although I myself didn't see the issue I did recognise the ambiguity of the sound. An oversight on my part.

What I should have done is removed the sound pack as soon as I heard the foot step sound. Although I myself didn't see the issue I did recognise the ambiguity of the sound. An oversight on my part.
If you we're unsure why not reach out to us and get clarification ? 

Hello Stuart, 

In hindsight the correct thing to do would've been to reach out and gain clarification however at the time it didn't cross my mind, once again a major oversight on my behalf. If I get unbanned and find myself in a situation i am unsure about in the future regarding any potential rulebreaks, or things I am unsure of my first course of action will be to contact a staff member.

Hope you are having a good day thus far @Abdul

So after our few conversations over the past few days you have made me aware that you have removed this pack and won't be downloading it again, Something I suggest not happening as a whole as it did end you up here. In relation to game modifications as a whole if it does give you an advantage over other players then it's not a good idea to be using them. 

You we're a bit unsure overall however I believe we have managed to clear up what is/isn't allowed as a whole. If you are unsure then please make a ticket and ask us prior to using anything as we can tell you if it breaks any rules and in turn not risking you returning to this section of the forums again. Now I did mention one thing that I would put here and that's if you do get banned for C2.1 again then you will either find it very difficult or the door simply remaining closed and you not being welcome back here, So please reach out to the team if you are ever unsure and we will help! 

With that being said I will be going ahead and issuing you an unban. I hope you enjoy your weekend and an early Merry Christmas! (Just in case we don't speak before hand).

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back