What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Ade - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Ade 

In-game Name: Lonnie Zone

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198099405600

Ban ID: !!rpuk7746!!

Reason given for your ban: (G2.9) Transferring money or items between your own characters is not allowed by any method.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: To be completely truthful I am unsure as to what exactly I have been banned for. This is the first ban I have ever received in any game in over 20 years of online gaming. As far as the RPUK community goes I have had I think, 1 warning ever in all my interactions on the server. I am a donator (was about to renew it too) and an avid forum user, especially in the suggestions section as I love to contribute to the betterment of the server. I was also in the process of writing up a formal plan to propose a new whitelisted gang to the server (see the Ronin Inc thread written by me as a back story, there is a lot more privately) and had sent a private message to George Harris to ask about what sort of format would be needed to submit it officially. I had also considered applying for a staff position although hadnt done anything just yet as currently not sure I can commit the time to do so. I say all this to illustrate that I am a dedicated community member.

So as you may be aware this is quite a surprise to me to get this ban and I am honestly not sure as to what I have done wrong. I am fully aware of the ban wave that has happened in the last month or two with a lot of people getting caught out for this particular reason and from what I gather the vast majority have been wilfully circumventing game mechanics for their own gain. I am not such a person and have no intention of ever doing this.

That said I clearly have done something or I wouldn't be sitting here writing this appeal right now.

I have 3 chars total. One is brand new and I am 100% certain its not related to him. The other 2 I have I play one occasionally and 1 the vast majority of the time. They share a house with a friend (the house owner) and both have keys. I was told some time ago that this could lead to problems down the line as it would be difficult to separate one character from another and fall foul of this rule so I am wondering if perhaps this is where the issue has triggered in some way. I would like to know the reason for the ban so that I can try to at least explain and get this resolved.

Why should we unban you ?: Ive been with the community off and on for quite some time. I am as stated, not a dirty player. I believe a misunderstanding has occurred, undoubtedly from my side and am not saying this was an unfair ban just that I have not intentionally tried to break any rules. I look forward to further discussion in regards. I will do my best to keep tabs on the forum for future responses. Not asking for special consideration here but please be aware my time zone is +11 hours to the UK so responses to any questions etc may take some time for me to reply. I am happy to discuss this live over discord or teamspeak also, I realise this is not a normal process and is taking up the time of a staff member but I volunteer all the same. I think a conversation directly can usually solve things much quicker and easier than words on a screen going back and forth over several days.

Thanks in advance

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if this jogs your memory. Have you ever received a large sum of money from a friend and then given it back to a friend? Around september time. Does that help?

Hi Robbie.

Thank you for taking the time to review the appeal first of all. I see from the forum you've been quite busy so I appreciate you taking the time with this issue.

Unfortunately no I cant say with any certainty what this issue is or what transpired. For the sake of honesty, and having done some of my own research in to this I can recall this would have been around the time I started again with a view to playing properly on the RPUK server, and consequently joined the forum and the community at large. Prior to this I had dipped my toe in briefly, begun a character and played for some time on and off but I don't recall when i initially rolled the char on the server. I found it quite overwhelming, not knowing where things were and given time zones etc rarely found many folks to interact with to ask any questions so i kind of bumbled through and stopped playing again a while later. You can see this from my main char ID being a very low number compared to current. I think id bought a hauler and possibly 1 basic car and that's about it.

Some time around late August or early September time I started up again and while I am unsure as to when exactly the incident took place or whom it was with. I am confident there can only have been 1 or 2 others I had any interaction with at that time as I knew next to no one on the server at that time.  That said something obviously took place which has raised suspicion and i suspect you have a lot more info than has currently been explained.

Upon joining the server properly (and subsequently registering on the forum and joining the community properly) I did read the rules and try to understand what is required and what is expected as a participant in the server itself. Did I read them and know them intimately? no i can honestly say I didn't. Please don't take this as any kind of excuse, its not, I am merely stating for the record in order to be as honest and transparent as possible.

Again, without knowing the intimate details of what took place I can only assume that whatever I did was for 1 of 2 reasons. They are as follows.

I either A. Borrowed the money from another person to get started on the server properly as I don't think id really done that much at that time for myself, either asking for or being offered said money and paid it back later.

B. I took the money and was aiding in the transfer of funds to a different char. If this is the case I can say, hand on heart, I didn't realise this was a rule break at the time. Two explanations I can offer is one being naivety to how the RP rules system works (again not an excuse, just trying to show context of mindset at the time) and, having come as a new player to the RP scene generally, from a long background in various different MMOs over the years, not thought of it as any different to transferring money to alts in those games.

I don't know what the time frame between receiving and transferring said funds was or how much either. I just do not remember.

This doesn't excuse anything. Please do not think I am trying to BS my way out of it. I am merely trying to be candid and offer something of a possible explanation to what may have occurred but, as previously stated I simply cannot remember.

I understand the severity of the instance and how it affects other players on the server and yes I fully understand why the rule is in place.

I wouldn't knowingly do it and, as previously stated in the opening post in the appeal am not willingly a dirty player or intent on breaking rules to gain any sort of advantage. Hindsight is always 20/20 and if I had known at the time that what I was doing was wrong I would have declined or refused to engage in something like this as I wanted a serious stab at getting in to 5m properly and have thoroughly enjoyed the time spent on the server.

I think its fair to say I am happy to answer any further questions on the matter and I hope the above is both honest and remorseful enough to show where I am at in regard to the ban. To reiterate, from the opening post, I have clearly made a mistake here, am willing to say it was done with no malicious intent whatsoever and hope that this can be resolved in good time.

Did you gain anything from this? Money? Assets?

Hi Stavik. I dont know. I am sorry but I cannot remember this incident and cannot say yes or no to this. I don't believe I did however. I have never tried to shortcut anything in the game and have logged a ton of time in the server, especially in the time in question. If memory serves correct, there was a period in september of 2 weeks when I was in isolation due to a positive case of covid at work, all while we were in a hard lockdown generally here in Sydney. At that time I was playing the game quite a bit as I had little else to do and put in a lot of effort in to building up my character.

Okay.. Assisting as a middleman in these cases will land you a ban just  as the person receiving the money.
It's a hard line we put down so people dont well.. fuck up the economy.

Do this again in the future and you probably need to find a different place to play for a while.

Unbanned.

Thank you and I can assure you this will never happen.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back