What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Aethon - 01/16/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethon

In-game Name
Aethon#5060

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
01/16/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Unknown

Reason given for your ban.
Unknown

Where was you banned
Discord

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I posted memes in police public channel in discord, three new and two reposted. One was about MPU, with napolean crowning himself represented as veikkq giving himself combat training. The second was about the gold command patrol and resposted from before, with the patrol shown as 'respect my authoritah' from south park. The next was a picture of a policeman talking into his radio captioned 'help xray alpha 1 I can't find my bellybutton'. There was also a reposted meme I had previously put on the RPUK discord which was a picture of US soldiers standing over the bodies of enemy fighters, captioned with the names of the cops killed in a gunfight from a few weeks ago, along with the US soldiers captioned with the names of poseidon members involved in the fight. Finally I posted a picture of a tumbleweed captioned 'rare picture of the SOS saturday meeting captured by Mi5 operatives'.

Why should we unban you ?
I don't really think my memes crossed the line into bullying, as I said in discord it was all for a bit of fun. While the main target of three of these could be construed to be DCC Shepherd, he responded with the same level of banter, something to the effect of 'don't worry, most people on the spectre most wanted list aren't still in school', which I found funny, and did not make any comments that suggested he felt uncomfortable.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
So posting pictures of dead bodies, being urinated on by US Soldiers (Could be classed as a war crime) on a community discord in a public room should be called a meme and be ok?

So posting pictures of dead bodies, being urinated on by US Soldiers (Could be classed as a war crime) on a community discord in a public room should be called a meme and be ok?
It was a war crime I believe, the soldiers involved were prosecuted for desecrating remains.

While there was no explicit/NSFW content in the picture, I can see now that it was in poor taste for a public discord, and I apologise for that and to anyone who was offended. I called it a 'meme' because of the added captions, which is essentially what all my memes are. I do appreciate that this wasn't appropriate for the RPUK discord.

@Aethon A partnered public discord... Was you trying to get this community's discord banned ?

You will find there isn't many community's with partnered discords, I think apart from Arma 3 we are currently the only one!

@Aethon A partnered public discord... Was you trying to get this community's discord banned ?

You will find there isn't many community's with partnered discords, I think apart from Arma 3 we are currently the only one!
I had no malicious intent or anything of the sort but I understand why you can't allow any distasteful content, I didn't consider that when posting and should have.

I had no malicious intent or anything of the sort
That does not make it okey to do. 
How can you be trusted again to join our discord? 
How can we be sure, you wont post things like that again? 

That does not make it okey to do. 
How can you be trusted again to join our discord? 
How can we be sure, you wont post things like that again? 
I had no intentions to harm anyone/the community, but I understand why posting questionable content isn't allowed due to public image of the community and discord rules. I posted without considering/understanding this, and I will be sure to do so in future. I can only say that I didn't realise this at the time, and I certainly do now. 
In regards to being trusted, I still have no intention to harm anybody, and now I'm aware of discord ToS/public image issues with this sort of thing I'll be sure to not post anything of a similar nature.

I had no intentions to harm anyone/the community
That is still no reason to post war crimes pics like that. 
You really need to ask yourself if it is appropriate what you post. Maybe search up if its actually allowed to be posted. 
Would save you alot of trouble.  

That is still no reason to post war crimes pics like that. 
You really need to ask yourself if it is appropriate what you post. Maybe search up if its actually allowed to be posted. 
Would save you alot of trouble.  
I agree, I should have considered that. I didn't think at the time it went against the rules but I can see now why I shouldn't have posted it. At the time I also didn't know urinating on bodies was a war crime, I looked up the picture again later and found an article about it.

i really hope you consider what you post next time. Keep that in mind. 
We wont tolerate stuff like that. 

UNBANNED 01/02/2020

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back