What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Amon Long - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon Long

Unban Appeal for Amon Long 

In-game Name: Amon Long

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199072335803

Ban ID: !!rpuk7811!!

Reason given for your ban: g3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: So basically i was banned as a pre-emptive measure to stop me from potentially meta-gaming as far as im aware due to a joke I made in a public discord that somebody understandably took negatively towards themselves as it would have effected them in game and in my frustration at the ban in my unban appeal i basically wanted to know why i should want to be unbanned from a community that at the time was flaming triads and being extremely toxic in the RPUK discord and banned me from what I thought at the time was basically doing absolutely nothing.

Why should we unban you ?: I believe I should be unbanned because during the past 6 months ive grown to realise that joke or not what i said in the discord wasnt appropriate and would have negatively effected the course of roleplay should i have acted on what I initially said and therefor I understand being reported for it.
Ive taken time to reflect on my actions and I do miss this community and roleplaying in different servers I have realised the quality of roleplay here is far superior than the various other servers ive tried. Should you unban me ill make sure my role-play is of the highest standard it can be and continue to improve upon my role-playing skills.
i understand as I always have that meta gaming isn't acceptable and negatively impacts the immersion of multiple peoples roleplaying within the server and ruins it for people.
Id also like to apologise for the way I acted during my last unban appeal as it was extremely childish and should I have acted differently chances are this 6 month break wouldnt have happened.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

You mention that we should unban you as you will make sure you RP to a high standard, Why didn't you do this prior? 

It was far from a joke what was said, To put it simply you was looking to cause trouble for the community as a whole. Why should we believe you wish to return to roleplay given what was done to get you here 6 months ago? 

I don't believe my RP was at all terrible to be honest I always tried my hardest to RP everything bar some slip ups here and there which I can only put down to either frustration or ignorance 

But I love role-playing so I aim to always improve my roleplay and keep it to a high standard 

As for the jokecould you remind me as I thought this was due to my what was actually a joke talking about telling someone in game where a gun container was which I wasn't actually going to do hence the joke side of it as my character never was and never will be a snitch within RP

But if you're talking about my rants in my last appeal as to why I would want to be unbanned and so on and so forth.. 

At the time I was frustrated with how my ocg was being treated ooc when we was all in the server to have fun together and I can't recall what was said now as it's been along time but I felt as though ooc myself and my friends were being attacked and I got on the defensive again out of frustration and at the time disbelief 

It was more offering whoever locations, vehicles ect in what one could say would be something done to disrupt things for multiple people and more so before leaving the community. 

If you was frustrated with the gang you we're in, Why did you wish to take it out on other members within our community? 

In your last appeal you mention one small part of a bigger picture of how you acted that day, So why did you believe doing this was acceptable as a whole? 

Given how you did act both then and in your last appeal, Why should we offer you another chance to return? Convince us. 

Offering the vehicles I owned to my friends in the community and giving the things I owned on the server to people I know in the community before I left didn't seem disruptive to me as it was all stuff I had spent hours earning the money to own it just seemed like I waste when at the time I was going to before I got forced to give myself a break which I needed from the server. 

My frustration wasn't with people in my gang it was how openly in the rpuk discord people were insulting the people behind the characters in my gang like they were one and the same with hurtful comments and the likes. 

Both then and in my last appeal which are basically the same time frame I was extremely frustrated and going to give myself a  few weeks off. Now unfortunately I had to take 6 months off but I Intended to take a break anyway. Since then my life has got back on track where I was spending seemingly endless hours on the server now I'll only be able to spend weekends and a few hours each night maybe on the server and I want to be there to enjoy myself and enjoy role-playing within the community and become a part of it like I was prior to my ban I'm alot more chilled out than I was back then and I miss the friends I've made here over the year  or so that I was actually on the server. 

I can only apologise for my outburst of anger 6 months ago I've had time now though to reflect on my actions and I understand why I was banned and I'd appreciate greatly being given the opportunity to prove its worth having me back in the community. 

The issue with this overall was the means you was attempting to do this, Hence our G3.1 rule so to believe it wouldn't be disruptive seems a bit naive to myself due to your willingness to break our server rules regardless if you planned to leave for X time. 

So with your frustration with the gang, Why was you attempting to take it out on other members of the community? Most of the people you even mentioned wasn't in your gang at the time. What's the full story with this. 

As I recall I never actually broke rule G3.1 I was initially banned to preemptively stop me from meta gaming based upon what I had said, again with no intentions of following through as it to me was a joke and to the person whom didn't take it as a joke understandably got worried, in a public discord seperate from RPUKs discord. So G3.1 wasn't actually broken and had I not reacted the way I did after getting banned (due to the frustration I'll talk about in a second) I could have better explained that and probably got myself unbanned and given a warning rather than 6 months. 

The full story with that is it wasn't my gang that was making me frustrated. It was the way other people outside of the triads were talking about people in the triads at the time negatively as though the people behind the screen role-playing as their characters were their characters themselves and seemingly being unable to seperste roleplay from reality. And it wasn't happening publicly with nobody saying anything and no staff speaking up to say that enough was enough like the lot of us weren't welcome on the server anymore because they couldn't seperate us from our roleplay. 

Thats why I was frustrated and angry

I understand instead of acting the way I did i should have taken screen shots of the conversations being had in RPUKs discord and constructed a report currently via the forums

I also understand that meta gaming isn't acceptable and now even joking about meta gaming isn't acceptable either as it may lead to this. Whether the intentions were malicious or not I'm not to decide who is offended or upset by what I say. 

joke I made in a public discord
So just to clarify you expect us to believe you going off on a rant saying "fuck this server" etc was all just a joke? 

As I recall I never actually broke rule G3.1
Correct you didn't "technically" break G3.1 or did you? You might have passed on that information after being banned and your ItS jUsT bAnTeR appeals... But now it all comes down to you as a player As this moment in time your actions could also be seen as disruptive to the community which would fall under a C1.6 ban since you decided to try and make a "joke" about fucking this server... 

So, if given a chance would can you add to the server in terms of roleplay? Convince me as to why I should give you another chance. Because at this moment in time I am not.

Right. 

Well I'm sure you've never said anything along the lines of fuck this "game/topic/person" out of being extremely frustrated or offended?

The  joke was the information I said I was going to give that police officer. I never intended to give him nor anybody else that information neitherr did I relay that information to anybody else. 

And at the time yes I was done with the server so my fuck this server comment was not a joke as I fully intended to give myself a break as I've stated. As for multiple games for difference reasons I've said fuck this game and given it a break for a long time before picking it back up and giving it a better chance witha more educated mature mindset. 

I can offer the same thing everyone else can offer you in roleplay. The unigueness of my own personal character development using the information and knowledge I gain  in character to constantly evolve my roleplay. I intend to roleplay everything to the best of my ability. 

Alot has changed in the server in the past 6 months so although I may have friends there I'd basically be brand new again and I'd like to give the criminal life style a rest and try my hand at legitimate civ roleplay with the consequences of my crim lifestyle as a potentially challenge to overcome to become legal 

Right... 

Here is what I am going to do. I will lift the ban and let you come back, however, any temper tantrums whatsoever and you will be shown the door again. You will go and find your way freshly in rp, considering a lot has changed in the past 6 months. Staff will have an eye on you and there will be no leniency on "jokes" like that, OOC ranting or breaking rp... all of that is done, otherwise you are done. 

No more. I hope you won´t make me regret this decision.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back