What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - asasplasher - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

asasplasher

Unban Appeal for asasplasher 

In-game Name: Harry Henry

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198083649685

Ban ID: !!rpuk10435!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because I combat logged. I can't remember the exact situation as it was over a month ago. The reasoning behind a combat log ban I do understand much more than when the ban occurred, I now understand the impact that it can have on others in the server as I have had this happen in another server in which the admins did nothing to help which left a sour taste in my mouth for that server.

Why should we unban you ?: While being banned from the server I have tried a few other RP servers all of which with differing levels of RP. The different levels of RP within these servers has taught me what ought to be expected when in an RP situation as I have had to deal with someone combat logging midway through an interaction (to my frustration). By the person combat logging, not only had I lost some in-game items but I also lost both time and enjoyment from the game which I now truly understand the annoyance that it causes to the individuals involved in the specific interaction as well as the wider community.

I have reread the rules and reread the rules again, so that I understand fully what is expected from me in an RP situation. I will do everything in my control to not combat log and I understand the consequences of not following the rule for both myself and others.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, that´s a little better. 

When it comes to the situation, let me give you a hint. You died of hunger/thirst and then combat logged. To top that off, let´s talk about the threats to disconnect in the middle of a scenario at another point in time. Why? 

Also, have you ever combat logged before?

Oh that does ring a bell. To make it easier for both myself to write and for you to read I'll list the events (from what I remember so if they aren't in perfect order my bad).

1. I was arrested for whatever reason, I can't remember.

2. I was taken to a cell at which point I noticed that I was low on food so I decided to go on 'hunger strike' (I don't think this is breaking RP??)

3. I was held in a cell for over 30 mins (I think 45) and there was a server restart

4. After server restart I re-joined as normal etc (there was no intent to combat log)

5. When I was eventually sent to prison I died from hunger and at that point I wanted to come off

6. I left not thinking it was a combat log as I was in prison so my logic was that when I re-join I would just be down in prison and carry on from there

In regards to the threats to disconnect, I did say that I had texture issues which turned out to be an issue with texture budgeting, I think as since I messed around with that setting it hasn't happened again.

Finally, have I combat logged before? Yes more than likely, as I have just backed out when a character has been downed out of both frustration and not wanting to be AFK (C1.13). I'm not saying that's an excuse but at that time I'd rather watch YouTube than a timer which feels like forever. Now that I actually understand RP I won't do it again. 

Another note, when I was being taken to prison is when the texture issues were happening and I can't mess with any game settings when I have handcuffs on so I was left to sit and wait it out to which I did. 

(I don't think this is breaking RP??)
No, it is not. However, if you decide to go down the route of a hunger strike within rp, don´t you think it makes sense to actually rp this out til the end? You chose to not drink or eat. 
Let me remind you of your latest OOC messages as well... Would you class these as providing high quality roleplay? 

https://gyazo.com/42261942759d6b42782aa55a313f93de
https://gyazo.com/d1479d2c9b367009c609008882870387
https://gyazo.com/531b12fb988ee251c02cfd79d7c0fa4b

I don't think they were OOC they were /me which I thought was an action. If that is what it is on this server then my bad but I was just trying to enjoy myself and my character 'has issues' to which these relate. So while they may appear to be stupid (to be fair they are) it was to add to the RP even if it wasn't the highest quality out there.

In the moment it was funny but in hindsight it was a bit daft. I wasn't told to stop with the /me commands so I don't think it is sensitive roleplay as your rules states 'Continuing to roleplay subjects of a sensitive nature after being requested to stop by another player will not be tolerated' so I was under the impression that the police were following along.

If this isn't allowed in the server I understand I will follow accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct, they were /me´s, that was my mistake. 

Either way, spamming the same thing over and over is not considered high quality roleplay. 

So where do we go from here? What are your plans if you were to get unbanned? How will you improve your roleplay overall and what actions do you think you can take when you happen to have texture issues again?

Just not piss about. Not too sure what else I can say. I have been playing on other servers and I have ran into no issues about my RP.

Texture issues have stopped for the last 3 weeks but this was a certain use case that I couldn't change settings. Should that happen again I suppose I'll have to sit it out until I can fix it because in that situation I wouldn't be able to deal with in discord or TS as I would end up AFK and end up being breach of another rule which we don't want.

Or you could use OOC and let people know. If your behaviour is up to the rules, people usually do not have an issue pausing rp to let someone relog. 

Quote me the rules you broke and explain, in your own words, why they are in place and what would happen if they were not.

Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

They are in place so that there is no easy way out because it would be simple to keep your stuff if you were being robbed for instance by alt + f4. This would make the game frustrating for everyone and the server would be empty. 

Very well. 

I will issue an unban and give you a golden chance. Do not waste it. Improve on your roleplay! Any ban within the next 6 months will be permanent and much harder to appeal.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back