What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - baileyjamesm - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

baileyjamesm

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for baileyjamesm 

In-game Name: Hugh Lee

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199030633745

Ban ID: !!rpuk8526!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.8

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I gave my friend my ID of which he started sending me money. He was new to the server and began exploiting the starting money given as a new character. I never encouraged this behavior to go on and didn't know directly where the money was coming from until I was pulled and questioned about the situation. I understand this ruins the overall economy and RP of the city by having people exploit like this. The reason for the ban is because he was abusing the money from new characters and later told me he wanted it sending to a final character, I had no idea of this during, just that he wanted my ID to transfer money.

Why should we unban you ?: I now understand that giving someone my ID can cause issues like this and will avoid doing so in future as i understand the damage that can be caused through exploiting the economy like this and any malicious intents from other RPers. I had put in a good amount of hours into this server and was really enjoying the environment within it. After the ban I stopped speaking to this person because of their intents within games. Going forward I will choose more wisely those I speak to and share such information with. I have gone to other servers and understand RP a lot and hope to come back to experience in this server again without errors. I understand I am still in the wrong for sharing this information and not questioning it sooner, which I now understand I need to do.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Did you read the rules prior to making an appeal, If not can you explain why? 

You mention in your appeal that you understand this can ruin an economy, However you didn't reach out to anyone when your friend did this. Did it not cross your mind that if it shouldn't be done then it's a good idea to let a staff member know? 

You mentioned your friend wanted you to transfer the money to another character of theirs, Was this something you we're going to do in order to help them ? 

You've mentioned your friend asked for your ID, How was this done? (What I mean by this is within RP, Discord ect)

I have read the rules, i don't know if there are appeal rules. 

1. I didn't have the chance to make staff aware as I myself didn't know the situation until after.

2. I had no intentions to help, he asked for my ID and then proceeded to send me the money. I didn't know what the money was from, just to send it back when he calls/told me he wanted it back.

3. He asked for my ID within RP, I had played with him briefly before and didn't question his intentions. Just knew I'd be holding money until he asked for it back.

You we're talked to by a staff member in game prior to the ban being issued, From the outset you didn't believe anything was wrong. Can you explain this for us?

In relation to being sent money, Can't you see any "red flags" here? You got money sent to you and you had to return it when asked? The money would remain in your characters account unless you take it out to store it elsewhere. 

Are you aware that you do run the risk of a full character wipe due to the rule broken? 

Furthermore, Can you please quote the rule you have been banned for and G2.9 and in your own words explain why you believe we have such rules in place?

I didn't understand the situation until after the ban of which I then joined a call with the guy to discuss what he was doing. Beforehand I didn't know the intentions and what had taken place.

Yes I see why that could appear dodgy but didn't think to question it, I was new to RP and didn't understand the situation at hand but rather just helping someone I had made friends with in the city.

I'm aware of the character wipe and if that is required then so be it, I'd prefer to keep my character but I understand you have your own procedures to follow.

"[SIZE=medium](C1.8) Forcing or encouraging another member of the community to break a rule." - To stop exploits and rule breaks from taking place and getting people wrongfully banned through pressuring them to exploit mechanics and breaking the rules - overall damage the server and RP of others.[/SIZE]

"(G2.9) Transferring money or items between your own characters is not allowed by any method." - To stop exploiting of what one character may have acquired through the city and sharing it between characters when one character shouldn't have access for it. It puts one character out of danger while also damaging RP.

@baileyjamesm You can chose 1 of the characters and it will be wiped. The others will be deleted. Do you agree?

I agree, is there any point in keeping any then though if it's wiped? Since I'd be starting fresh anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your choice, We would allow you to keep a character should you wish as you might have some RP memories on them that you wish to keep. If you would prefer all are deleted we can do this for you, However you would need to let us know either one of your character names to keep or if you want all to be deleted. 

No problem, I've gone ahead and deleted your character so you will indeed start a fresh. Believe this does go without saying that I do suggest if you haven't already to read fully our GTA and Community rules prior to rejoining the server. 

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back