What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - BigBlackZelda - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unban Appeal for BigBlackZelda 

In-game Name: William Jenkins

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198420212960

Ban ID: !!rpuk7594!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.2 C1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was bandaging up and swung for what I thought was my brother in the game. I didn't connect with the player. I then run over to my brother and the guy came over and then questioned me. As my character has a screw loose, I swung for him. My brother has always been my carer in the game and warns people and tells them why I'm like it. It's been ok for over a year with no issues at all. The guy hits back and I hear "let them settle it". The guy then gets out a duster which isn't fair so I pull an unfair weapon aswell (switchblade). He runs off and I put the knife away. I then head into the ramp looking for him while I'm injured and my brothers there standing up for me and I get caught in a firing line. I get called a "DUMB CUNT" and I call him a "PUSSY". He then continues to call me a "FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT". He then comes down and kicks me and I use the insult "N**CE". He then goes on to shout "I'M GLAD YOU GOT RUN OVER YOU SILLY LITTLE TWAT" to someone else.

Never once was I told that the word "N**CE" is banned. It's used as an insult. Had I recieved a warning I would have accepted and stopped. To me, "N**CE" is just as bad as calling someone a "CUNT".

I was bad under C1.2 of the community rules which is Discrimination - Do not express discriminatory or otherwise offensive views. This is no place for racism, religious hatred, ageism, sexism, homophobia, gender or disability discrimination. There was no discrimination or offensive views. Just an insult. As I've said, had I recieved a verbal warning I would have agreed there and then.
Rules G1.2 I can understand. I kept in character with William as being a crazy man. But I understand others may not understand fully, which is why my brother says my issue, as my carer. Had the fight stayed fair or was split up it would have ended as a fight should. But he pulled brass knuckles so it escalated.

Why should we unban you ?: I really did not know that the insult "N**CE" was taken that seriously. To me, my friends and others, that's just a banter insult. Especially with the way it's used online/social media. I never imagined that it would lead to this, a permanent ban. In regards to G1.2, if my character has to change then so be it. If a warning has to come first before skitish outbreaks then ok. I just continued playing how I've played for over a year. I've reread all the rules and did so as the server reset. I did not expect this to happen.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the addon. I forgot to mention that when I swung for him, on the footage I say "I went to punch the wrong chavie", as in "I went to punch the wrong person".

Hello @BigBlackZelda

There are a few things I'd like to address in regards to your ban.

-Whilst your character might have 'a screw loose', you're still expected to provide some prior role play before attacking another player, and held to the same rules and expectations as everyone else. (G1.2)
-When you were downed and critically injured, you proceeded to act and speak normally - not role playing your injuries at all. (G4.4)
-When told by a staff member (admittedly, rushing against the clock of the pending server restart), that such words were not permitted, you did not seem to acknowledge this - but rather appeared to be arguing it, saying "it's just an insult". (C1.2)

I trust you know what the word you used truly means, it's offensive and quite frankly disgusting. With the above mentioned, I hope that you will take this into consideration, and improve upon your role play as well as your vocabulary. Find better insults.

Let me know if you've read and understood this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand it all and I agree to every part of it. As the staff member got into his admin uniform, my screen cut as he was saying something so had no idea what he said. Had I heard it I would have acknowledged it there and then. 

It wasn’t until I had thought about the whole situation that I realised that my RP was pretty disappointing and tbh I’m ashamed at how it went down. 

Fair enough. 
I trust this suffices as a reminder in future, as well as a 'nudge' towards going about things differently.

I'm going to approve this appeal, your ban has been lifted. 
Welcome back

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back