What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Billy_ - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Billy_ 

In-game Name: Billy Robinson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198355270310

Ban ID: !!rpuk12227!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.9.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: After speaking to staff I am well aware that I was banned for lying about my age in both my NHS and Police applications which I submitted and got accepted for while I was 17 meaning I lied in the application about my age/DOB

Why should we unban you ?: I hope I'm unbanned because although I made a mistake 2 years ago it was never a malicious act. I never intended to make anyone's experience on the server worse. Although I recognise the severity of the rule break I committed.

I hold my hands up and say that the rule break was entirely my fault, for which I apologise. I realise now despite my best intentions to diversify my RP experience on the server (police and NHS), that this was selfish of me and a very immature mistake to make. I could try to justify my actions, but honestly I think I'd be wasting your time, particularly as I agree with the consequences placed upon me being fair and appropriate. I completely understand my actions meant I had violated a community rule and had I have waited 6 months, I would be completely in the clear and there would have been no issues.

Prior to this ban the only ban I've received is a 1x day ban for AFK, when it was bannable and the automated system to kick AFK players wasn't in place. Besides this, I have kept a completely clean record for over 2 years.

Whilst in the police I continued to show a high level of RP and become a SGT, as well as a training officer, showing new police members the ropes. Should you choose to unban me I will continue to engage in high quality RP on all of my characters, as I have been doing since I first joined the community.

I've matured continuously during the time I've spent on RPUK and happy to jump into a TS or Discord call to further discuss this, should you have any other questions for me. Thank you for considering the appeal :)

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

What age were you when you first joined the server?

Why did you lie? Do you not know why we have such rules in place ( +18 )?

Afternoon Liam, cheers for the response

I believe I was 16 when I first played RPUK 

I lied to diversify my RP opportunities, which was selfish of me, but it was all in an attempt to improve the server by providing every end of the spectrum in terms of RP from Police to G6 to NHS (briefly) and multiple different avenues of civ life. 

Rules like this are in place to protect children and to make sure adults in the community can enjoy the game without any uncomfortable situations arising during RP. Obviously they are there because of GTAs PEGI 18 rating also. 

I completely understand that the rules are in place to protect children from harm within the server to which I apologise for breaching that and I understand the dangers of not following the rule. 

Hello there @Billy_

You lied to diversify your RP opportunities. - What do you mean by this? 

If you willingly lied about your age, how would we know you won't lie to us in the future in regards to any other situation? 

Hey Mike cheers for the response once again, 

By diversifying my RP opportunities I mean by opening other doors, playing as police and NHS more specifically. In applying for any of these groups you are asked to confirm you are over the age of 18, it was here I made the selfish and immature decision to be dishonest about my age in order to benefit from experiencing these other RP opportunities. 

In response to your second question, the dishonesty I directed towards yourself in the past (over 2 years ago now) is exactly that, in the past. You hear it time and time again how people have suddenly matured in these unban appeals, but I genuinely mean it when I say it. To the point I wanted to give back to the community and dedicate my time by applying to the staff team . They say liars always get caught out and I still stand by that, as is the case here. I accept my past actions were wrong of me, despite not intending any malice, and apologise for any trouble it may have caused as a result.

Thank you again for taking the time to discuss this with me. If anyone would like to chat about this with me in a VC, I’d be happy to do so.

Hello there @Billy_
I hope you're doing well today! 🙂

In my next reply I was going to suggest if you'd be free for a TS/Discord chat at any point. 
Any staff can confirm this, or we can set a day for us to have said conversation on TeamSpeak/Discord, would tonight at 8PM work for you? 

TS Route *preferred*
If you join a TS channel called Join For Support, feel free to put in your name that you require me specifically. 

Discord Route
We'd need to set up a date as there's no channel called "Join For Support". 

I hope you've a wonderful day! 🙂

Hi Mike, appreciate it once again

I'm free whenever today so I'll sit in JFS, but 8pm is good with me 🙂

Have a good one

Hello there @Billy_
Hope we're doing well today, I am definitely not writing this as we speak on TeamSpeak. 😄
Going over our lovely talk on TeamSpeak, I am more than happy to call that needed part over and done with and we can close that page now! 

From  all that has been said you joined the community when you were 16, knowing that we have a strict 18+ policy you told players that you were 18 years old and kept this up for two years or so, at some point probably getting lost in your own lies. This is something we do take very seriously within the community and you willingly lied about it to break through restrictions that are put in place. You have broken that trust and it will take for the trust to be gained back. 

I will be giving you the GOLDEN TICKET and give you a chance to gain said trust back, as the dates checked off. 
Please, please, don't let me regret this decision!  

Any ban within the next 6 months of being banned will fall under the Fair Ban System.
Hopefully we won't see each other here.

UNBANNED.  

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back