What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Blaindale - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaindale

Unban Appeal for Blaindale 

In-game Name: blain dale

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198256263916

Ban ID: !!rpuk14623!!

Reason given for your ban: G3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe I was banned for joining the server either just before or mid gun fight with Cutlass members whilst they were on Ballas turf. This ban would come under metagaming, as the staff team would deem it logging on whilst having knowledge of Cutlass members already being on turf and shooting Ballas members.

Why should we unban you ?: I think I should be unbanned for a number of reasons. Personally, I do not believe I broke the rule of 'metagaming' first and foremost and I do agree that whilst it may seem odd the time I had logged on the server, I don't believe there could have been any way of preventing this from looking as it did that night. I had just finished playing another game and was in a separate discord to Ballas discord called 'the lads' before joining the server entirely. I had no intentions or knowledge of joining RPUK whilst any sort of 'beef' was happening or in progress at the time. I was simply joining because it was around the time most people in Ballas log on to the server (which was around 8:10pm).

Secondly, I would like to apologise to staff members for having to take time out of their day to deal with this appeal in the first place, there could have been other ways of explaining things whilst we were all on the roof and having a chat about what went on and the actions that all 4 members of Ballas were doing before we logged on the server. I know the stories were a little skew when we were talking to the staff team initially but it's not every day you get pulled for something like 'hop on' after joining the server as a group of people coming off playing another game and I think everyone was a little worried to get banned for something, when they had only come on to RP with the other Balla lads.

Now, it's no secret that fortnite has blown up recently as the OG season has come out and this is exactly what myself, John, Tee, and Imran were all playing before we had logged on to RPUK beforehand.

In the future, I don't really know how I would combat this from happening again other than opening a staff ticket to let them know a group of Ballas members have the intentions of playing the server at the same time and after playing a few games of fortnite, wanted to play the server at peak times as normal with the other lads from Ballas.

I'd like to end by saying it was never my intentions for anyone to get upset or to think we were doing what we were to gain some sort of an advantage during a fight by having 4 members log on mid way through. I can assure you this will not be happening in the future and we will let staff know through a staff ticket or other means when there are multiple people logging on at the same time, during peak times.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this appeal.

Blain.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hey, @Blaindalewhen you logged into the server and found that there was an active situation what actions did you take? did you attempt to get out of the situation or did you get yourself involved?

Thank you for replying so quickly, Ram.

To answer your question, in regards to what happened the night I logged on; I spawned in and went on radio, as usual. After I went on radio, shortly after, I asked the lads what people were doing etc and they replied "cutlass on turf shooting".

After hearing that, I tried getting what I needed for a gunfight and started to back the boys being shot on turf. In any situation, regardless of just logging on and an active situation being in progress I don't believe the course of roleplay should be interrupted or changed just because I had just got on the server.

There's been times where I've logged on during police raids and they've just pointed guns at me when I spawn in, and I was never banned for metagaming, nor let go from police custody. I was cuffed, searched and arrested. I see no difference here. I've logged on in the middle of Cutlass shooting and in roleplay my character would help them, not run away just because I had just logged on.

For example, if a police officer had just logged on and 5 minutes later, the big bank starts getting robbed, they wouldn't just sit at the station and do nothing just because they had logged on 5 minutes earlier, they'd get stuck in and enjoy the roleplay. I believe I acted accordingly when logging on, I didn't realise Cutlass were fighting us until I had gone on the radio and asked the lads.

I appreciate you looking into this once again,

Blain. 

Whether you joined the server in order to join the gunfight or not upon finding out that there is an active situation that started before you joined the server don't you think avoiding said situation is called for?

Good afternoon.

Once again, I appreciate such fast responses from you, Ram. Thank you.

To answer your question, I didn't think this at the time at all. Looking back at it now, and even during the situation itself I didn't recall a rule nor would it make sense for me in roleplay to sit out of a situation (regardless of just logging on or not). Within roleplay, if I had said on radio that I need to sit out because I've only just logged on I'd get screamed at for my gang not having their own gang member back their beef with an opposing gang.

Where I do appreciate where you're coming from in regards to making things fairer, the matter of the fact is I logged on at peak times to join the other Ballas lads on the server and it just so happened that Cutlass were fighting us at the time. We could have been doing something completely different, say a hostage situation with someone else on the server and not in the middle of a shootout, I don't think people should interrupt their roleplay stories due to you only logging on - in my opinion, it makes no sense and would be poor roleplay.

I am always trying to improve my roleplay and other people's experience on the server and that night, it seemed I let myself and the other Ballas lads down - If I had another chance to be back I would for sure not make these mistakes twice and double check with staff if I am unsure of anything or maybe actions I plan on taking in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to read through my response,

Blain.

Hello there @Blaindale

Appeal number 4, yet only the second one saying you were involved in playing Fortnite at all. How come the other 2 don´t mention your name at all? Also, how come you guys couldn´t even agree on whether you won or lost the game you played together? Being startled, sure - shit happens. But wouldn´t you know the outcome of a game you played less than an hour ago? 

Hello Sammy,

To answer your question, I'll go through everything in as much detail as possible so you can understand the full picture. I was in a different game with different people. Imran, Tee and John were all in a trio game together but still in the same voice call in a separate discord to the ballas discord called 'the lads' discord.

I can't recall if I said I won or lost the game on the night in question, my intentions were never to lie to staff when speaking to them and I stand by what I said before. I logged onto the server just after a Fortnite game with 3 other Ballas members whilst being in a separate voice call to anyone in game already.

Thanks for taking the time to read what I've had to say, hope you have a good day.

Blain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, as you have not been in trouble with us before i am going to be giving you another chance here. 

We all know what goes on in gang discords and the chances are going forward you will know before logging in whats happening in game. So, if you are to find yourself in that scenario and your only option is to spawn at ballas turf whilst its being attacked i would advise you wait for the situation to be over so that you are not gaining a unfair advantage in that specific scenario. 

There will be things changing soon in regards to this which should help stop these type of bans. However, not yet. Hang tight. 

You will be unbanned as of now. Thanks. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back