What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - BorGlory - GTA RP

BorGlory

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Bor Glory
Steam ID: 76561198411976428
Ban ID (just the numbers): 14823
Ban Reason: C2.3
Why do you think you were banned: I got banned due to combat logging. I was killed by two people right after finishing taxi work. I was stabbed without much warning by them outside the taxi depot. I was then driven to the other side of the map to be dropped in some water. After waiting for them to finish their monologues, take selfies, etc., I was then placed in a car and pushed into the water, with no way of being saved. At this point I had a lapse of judgement and alt f4'd my game instead of waiting to respawn. This happened in the middle of November last year and the reason this appeal took so long was because my account was waiting to be verified before.
Why should we unban you: I enjoy the community this server has created and my interactions on it. I had no intention to exploit anything, as I ragequit after I was in the bottom of a lake. However, I understand that the rules are in place to create a fun community and what I did was an infraction of them. I am truly sorry about that. This server has been my first time partaking in any sort of RP community and I intend to avoid any sort of interaction that would ruin the experience for anyone.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @BorGlory
I hope we are well today?

You say you understand that the rules we have in place are to create a fun community, but can you tell me in your own words what rule C2.3 is, and why you think we have this in place?

Whilst I understand situations may be frustrating if they don't go your way, or in the event of someone else potentially breaking a rule, how can we be so sure you won't 'rage quit' if another instance like this occurs?

What do you think the appropriate action would have been if you hadn't 'Alt-F4'D'?

Hi, thank you for your response, and apologies for the delay in submitting this.

Regarding rule C2.3 in my own words, the rule is to stop people from logging off midway through some sort of interaction in order to exploit the gameplay. Players are supposed to follow the relevant procedure when downed, either waiting for a paramedic or waiting out the respawn timer. I understand that the rule is in place to both create an immersive experience, but also prevent player exploits to save items or anything else. Combat logging can majorly disrupt an RP scenario, and thus the rule is in place.

I had a lapse in judgement, and should not have done what I did. I have no evidence to prove whether or not the other players potentially broke the rules, and acted without thinking. Going forward, I will be sure to record my gameplay so I can have a reference for reporting or getting a second opinion on anything related to the rules.

Instead of exiting the game, I should have just stepped away and let the timer run out. I was at the bottom of the water in a car, so I had no way of being rescued. In the future I will do my best to have some sort of recording to reference for a report. Additionally, I could also reach out through OOC chat immediately to attempt to get instant in-game support or clarification for if I was at fault.

Once again, I apologize for breaking the rules, and I will do my best to not let it happen again.

Good Afternoon.
I hope we are well today!

Firstly I'd like to ask, have you used any form of AI to help write your appeal / response?

Secondly, if you were given a chance to return, what are your plans for your character?
What high quality RP will you provide?

Hi,

Thank you for your response again. I have not used any form of AI to help me write this.
Given the chance to return, I intend to continue work at the Marlowe Motel, as that's what I was up to last time. I want to also try and initiate some work as a private investigator / journalist if possible.

Thank you again.

Good Afternoon @BorGlory

As this is the first ban you received on record, I hope it remains this way.
After reading through your responses, I am willing to give you another chance on the server to prove yourself.

However, should you receive a ban within the next 6 months - you will find yourself placed back onto a Permanent Ban.
Please take time to read over our rules, both Community and GTA RP before rejoining the server.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you continue your RP with the Marlowe's.

Welcome Back!
UNBANNED.

Back