What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Brinks - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinks

Unban Appeal for Brinks 

In-game Name: Genna Brinks

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198014794532

Ban ID: !!rpuk13799!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: when I joined the server I was incapacitated which left me confused, I just made an assumption that I died to a bug as the server was acting weird last night and an admin had to save me and a friend who fell through the map and died, Any way. I opened a ticket in discord and was met with a reply stating that I was ran over by a player which is the reason I died and that I then went on to combat log at 02:44.
This had my mind absolutely boggled as 02:44 was the time I turned my PC off and I had quit the game some time before this to watch some YouTube before getting in bed, Obviously I do understand these claims sound preposterous but I was told by the admin in the ticket to appeal and be honest. I did attempt to compile what I thought might have been "evidence" with an event viewer log from my pc but now after some time thinking about it and some other peoples opinions I believe I have an understanding of what happened. Typically when I quit my game I ALT-F4 which afterwards requires me to either click yes but I usually just hit the enter key, So after believing my game was fully shut down I was presumably still standing around in the server for a while until ultimately shutting down my pc. people have told me that they have had similar experiences before and instead it is better to quit the game through the F8 console. I'm assuming a player tried to engage with my while I was unknowingly AFK and then ran me over but its hard to say what happened really and I'm truly clueless as to what happened so all I can really do is make an educated guess and be honest.

Why should we unban you ?: I'm unsure how this even happened as I was under the assumption my game was no longer running.
I've spent most my time in this city familiarizing my self with the rules and the correct language to use and can honestly say I wouldn't combat log, it makes no sense to do so. loosing gear is one of the factors that make games fun to play as far as I'm concerned and being banned for longer than it takes to farm the item you're trying to save is counter productive and foolish.
nonetheless I do apologize for any problems this may have caused for anyone I just hope there's something in the logs that can shine some light on this situation.
I'd also like to take a moment to say my bad for asking staff questions regarding my ban on discord. It's just I was unsure if this is a classic example of a combat log and thought the "1 month mandatory cooldown" message was automated.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening @Brinks,

So you're claiming here your player was potentially standing in the server after you shut your PC down.
You went down at 02:37 after being run over by a vehicle driven by another player, you then exit the server at 02:44 which was 9 minutes after being downed. 
I do not believe that your character would still be standing around 9 minutes after quitting / shutting your PC off.

You had a lot of drugs on you along with a pistol and some ammo so it very much looks like you've logged off in an attempt to save the items you had on you at the time.

Good morning @Danoo

As I did state I know this sounds like BS but its the gods honest truth, At the time I was baffled but now I believe i can replicate what happened and I'd be more than happy to enlighten a member of the team with screenshots or screen share...

Honestly I really don't care about loosing gear in the slightest. The main reason I enjoy playing RPUK is because it captures the essence of old school ARMA servers, I also love the fact that it's a vanilla experience with actual die hard PC players and run by a team who do it for the love of the game.

I can admit I had a slightly rocky start and received a warning for use of the wrong language but after given a second chance I decided to place my character around other characters within the city and just listened so I could learn how to properly conduct myself.

I feel like I've missed out on loads since I've been banned and I'm dying to get back in

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Brinks

By ''screen share'' do you mean that you have a video? if so would you be so kind to link it here and explain your thought process?

We've done our checks here and i can't see how you would have managed to get back on your feet before disconnecting, keep in mind that we have extensive logs of what players do on the server and in terms of ''legitimate'' ways for your character to get back up i don't see any. So which is it?

Additionally, can you share with me a recount of a great roleplay situation you were a part of? tell me the full story and what part you played in it!

Thanks for the reply @L1L

I think there may be some misunderstanding regarding the situation so I'd like to take some time to go into a little bit more detail.

It was late into the night when I decided I'd stop playing and chill for 15 minutes or so before getting into bed. I parked my car up and then ran towards the footpath when I decided to log off, bearing in mind  I was not involved in any active situation. I then either Alt-f4'd my game or tabbed out and the right clicked on fiveM and clicked close without actually confirming I wanted to quit ultimately meaning my game was still running up until the moment I shut down my pc. When I logged on the next day I was dead in the very spot I though I logged off but there were cars very close to me so this led me to believe maybe I was dead because I spawned within a vehicle model or something like this, Anyway I opened a ticked on discord and was informed I was ran over before logging off which made no sense to me at all but now I believe I understanding of the problem as the same thing happened when I was playing a sandbox server, This is what I meant by now I can replicate what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3MPqaPd84&ab_channel=MazzaLeeney

Here's a clip I just made which replicates my exact actions on the night of the incident.

I covered up the server name as I didn't want to promote another server.

This all boils down to me just not shutting my game down correctly like an idiot 

I appreciate the recreation but I'm afraid the logs tell a quite different and clear story, let me summarise it for you!
23:43 - Logged on and played the server for 3 hours.
02:37 - Ran over by a player.
02:41 - Disconnected.

I don't need to tell you that the logs tell no lies!

If im understanding this correctly, what you're trying to say is that you were unaware of your character being in the downed state when you eventually exited the game? Unfortunately, this does not absolve you from your ban, it is in fact your own responsibility to ensure that the rules are followed by yourself.

So let's switch the subject, why should we allow you back on the server? how does your presence enhance the RP experience?
@Brinks

@L1LThanks for your reply.

I do understand that regardless of if this situation was an accient or not it still effects the quailty of the server, I just wanted to be completely transparent in regards to what happened.

To answer your question i will say that I create some funny situations for people and generally give people laughs and jokes, Typically if i see a group of people somewhere i like situatate myself within the location and from there develop my character by interacting with people and creating ties. I also annoy police with a "free man on the land/soverign citizen" attiitude which has lead to several debates with officers of which some are funny but most are serious. Before recieving my ban i was also promoting an underground fight club to create another area for people to gather and enjoy some alternative forms of roleplay. Overall as a person I'm naturally full of ideas and this crosses over to how i wish to RP within this server.

Good evening @Brinks,

Is this the only time you've ever combat logged on the server?
Be honest. 

thanks for the reply, Being honest i did combat log towards the beggining of my time on RPUK, This is the first RP server i ever played and I didn't fully understand the rules.

Good morning @Brinks, thank you for the honesty.

I would like to know your plan if you were given a chance to return here.

- Please tell me a bit about Genna Brinks (Character Backstory)
- What is your plan with this character once you return? 

Afternoon @Danoo,

Upon entering the city my character soon realised he needed to make some money and fast, After enquiring he believed a taxi job would best suit him. While this provided a steady source of income Brinks couldn't help but feel like he wanted more... Soon after a man in dark clothing approched brinks and asked if he would like to make some money selling drugs to which my character replied yes. Being new to the drug game lead Brinks to pay an egregious fee for the quantity of drugs he recieved but after selling it all realised there was serious money to be made. This caused him to go on to source bricks of unrefined cocaine which he would then go on to step on and sell quantities of all sizes all while gaining attention from police and local gangs.

Upon returning i wish to continue developing my characters nomad style and hopefully i reobtain some public interest with the fight club i was promoting, To be honest though i mainly just wanna go with the flow and not force it. I find situations to be more fun when they unravel naturallly.

Good evening @Brinks!

I appreciate your responses throughout this, given that this is currently your only ban on record I am willing to give you a second chance on the server to prove yourself.
The backstory for your character so far definitely seems interesting, I hope to see some more development on it!

Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent, and I can assure you it'll be much harder to appeal so please do not waste the chance.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back