What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Brinks - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinks

Server: Discord
Discord Username: Brinks2Slappy
Discord ID: 276108750946041857
Ban Reason: C.13
Why do you think you were banned: I can only imagine i was removed for my involvement in a "back & forth" that took place in the groups discord when a lot of people where going at each other.
Why should we unban you: To be perfectly honest at the time i didn't think much of it and that i was just saying stuff that is very comparable to things i've seen said on numerous occasions throughout my time in groups, However i do understand that what i said can be found offensive. I'd also like to say that my intetions weren't to cause anyone upset, I was just biting back at things that were being said. I also did want to reach out to said persons in an attempt to assure them that i meant no true offence and apoligize but i was not able to as the discord servers were my only means of contacting them and if i am allowed to re-enter the community this will be the first i do.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Server: Discord
Discord Username: Brinks2Slappy
Discord ID: 276108750946041857
Ban Reason: C.13
Why do you think you were banned: I can only imagine i was removed for my involvement in a "back & forth" that took place in the groups discord when a lot of people where going at each other.
Why should we unban you: To be perfectly honest at the time i didn't think much of it and that i was just saying stuff that is very comparable to things i've seen said on numerous occasions throughout my time in groups, However i do understand that what i said can be found offensive. I'd also like to say that my intetions weren't to cause anyone upset, I was just biting back at things that were being said. I also did want to reach out to said persons in an attempt to assure them that i meant no true offence and apoligize but i was not able to as the discord servers were my only means of contacting them and if i am allowed to re-enter the community this will be the first i do.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes
This appeal isn't exactly the epitome of effort...

It seems to boil down to three things:
  1. Other people were doing/have done similar things
  2. You were "[...] just biting back [...]"
  3. You didn't intend for your insult to cause offence (?)
I mean, is this the norm for you? If other people do things you just follow along with no regard for if it's okay? If not, why this time?
And in terms of not causing offence, that's easy to say now no? The person in question made it very clear that they took offence, and you didn't exactly show any regret then. You get banned and now you're sorry, how come?

Hello @Nomad i do apoligize for the lack of effort, I just didn't know where to start.
I understand this may seem like a case of "if your friends jump of a bridge" but i can't help but mention i feel as if what is said in groups on a regular basis stands as an example for all the members to follow. With that being said i'm not saying that the person didn't take offence to what i said, i now fully understand that they did and i take responsibility in doing so. I'm just stating at that moment in time i truely believed it would provoke a similar reaction to the ones prior, Obviously i was wrong. When i was called out on it i couldnt work out wether it was serious or a something like a prank directed towards myself, Nevertheless i did try to explain that i wasn't trying to insult said member personally.
Also i must correct you on the statment you made about me only being sorry now that i'm banned, This simply isn't true. If i was fully aware that i had indeed caused offence i would have apoligzed Immediatly! I have no desire whatsoever to upset people of this community. I've met people who i consider to be good friends thanks to the server.

Good afternoon @Brinks

You claim that you did not mean anything personal by your comments but I do not understand why you'd make comments at something so personal while even naming said person?

Cheers for the response @Jessie Bennett.
There are quite a few reasons as to why i didn't take the whole interaction seriously, One being that there was an announcment made in the groups discord stating something along the lines that we can make fun of peoples characters. There is also a running joke directed towards members of our group about the suspension of our vehicles being broken/bottomed out which is obviously a weight related joke. This is usually something that is taken as lightheard humour before replying with something else as a come back. I believe these to be heavily contributing factors as to why i didnt think much of it at the time, As stated previously I meant no true offence to anyone i simply believed i was parttaking in an ongoing "clash" where i assumed we were all on the same page. I also want to mention at no point throughtout this proceedure have i discredited the claims of causing offence, I'm very aware that something can be taken as a joke to one person and not to another, so I'd also like to be given the opportunity to speak to the person in question discretly and atleast try to explain my intetions even if my apology isn't accepted

Hello @Brinks

There are a few things here that concern me:

1) That you assumed that the comments you made would be seen in a funny light, without being fully aware if you were all "on the same page"
2) You made a comment about something else very personal (and frankly nobody else business) but are only mentioning the weight comment you made
3) That you only felt sorry for your actions after you received this ban

Due to all of the above I will be declining this today, take some time before you appeal again. Please going forward be kinder to others as you never know what is going on in somebody else's life

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back