What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Brinks - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinks

Server: Discord
Discord Username: Brinks2Slappy
Discord ID: 276108750946041857
Ban Reason: C.13
Why do you think you were banned: I was removed from Groups due to involvement of a “Back and Forth” that occurred in the Groups discord.
Why should we unban you: After my appeal was denied, I had taken some time to look back at this situation that occurred, during this time I have reflected on what I said in groups, how I failed to perceive what my comment might mean to someone else, I may not know what is going on in their life and how words could impact them. During the time I meant the comment as a joke, not a direct comment on someone to put them down but, I understand now that might not be perceived that way from the opposing side.

Since I have no other means of contacting the other person at the moment I can only make my apology towards them here, and if this has affected their mental state I can only show my regret for my poorly timed joke.

The reason I feel that I should be unbanned is due to the fact I understand where I went wrong with my actions, and know better than to do so again. I have reflected on the situation and understand how to conduct myself ensuring I don’t hurt someone else’s feelings online. If I had the chance to apologise to the individual I hurt I would do so.

I want to return to the community where I have made numerous connections with a lot of people, as well as continue meeting new members of the community and having a good time amongst the situations we may have in game.

Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal, Hope you're having a good Easter.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Brinks

I hope all is well today :)

Can you go in to detail of what is was that was said/ posted and what you meant by it?

Hello @Jessie Bennett, I'll go into some detail but I'm going to keep certain elements vague as i know these comments made this person uncomfortable and i'd prefer not to air them out publicly.

In groups a member had made a comment or what I believe was a joke “tbf suspension was probably already under a lot of stress, must have impacted the handling a bit” under which said person had reacted with laughing emojis

Therefore going of the basis that people were making jokes I had made one myself stating “i should imagine it was considering i had said person in the back.”

Obviously this is where I failed to realise that someones feelings might’ve been hurt by my comment, however at the time I believed that considering said person was laughing at the previous comment it was all fair, and a laugh.

Good afternoon @Brinks

I agree with keeping the name of the person affected out of this appeal.

I am wanting to understand why you made a comment playing on the persons name, what were you meaning by the play on their name?

Afternoon @Jessie Bennett

The play on name is obviously what it appears to be... Admittedly, Quite immature of me.
Again this isn't something i'd like to repeat here as i believe it would reveal the persons identity and i don't wish to cause anymore offence,
I Also hope the vagueness of my responses here is acceptable. I'm aware that usally it's best to give as much detail as possible here but due to the nature of my ban i believe this to be the correct course of action. I intend on reaching out within a private capacity to offer an apoligy if given the chance.

Hello @Brinks

The vagueness on this is more than fine and understandable. I'd like to thank you on remaining vague out of respect for the person.
I intend on reaching out within a private capacity to offer an apoligy if given the chance.
I'd like to ask, why has this not been done already? If something had upset/ offended you wouldn't you want the person to come forward and apologise sincerely as soon as possible?

@Jessie Bennett
This Is something i wanted to do, However i was unable to reach out to the person as i was removed from both of the discord servers.
I do hope that the person reads this and can see the regret i have for making these comments.

@Jessie Bennett
For a start i think I'll be pretty much avoiding any personal or raunchy jokes, like you said yourself... you never know whats going on in peoples lifes So it'd probablly be best to not make assumptions on what people may find funny. A joke to one person can offend another.
More so on top of this i'm going to be somewhat less invloved with the ooc scene and focus more on the roleplay from myself and from what the community offers.

Good afternoon @Brinks !

After an internal discussion, this is going to remain as a no for now.
This is ultimately a gaming community where we all come together to enjoy something, not throw edgy insults towards other players and hurt them - It would be amazing if everyone could just be nice to each other within this community.

I will not place a cooldown on this appeal, you may try again when you feel the time is right.

DECLINED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back