What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Butch - 04/11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch

In-game Name
Buuutch

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/12/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Mryan

Reason given for your ban.
1.2 Discrimination

Where was you banned
Altis Life

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I got banned simply due to my own stupidity and anger at the time. The situation that led up to them was the following, we had stopped a huron and was checking passes rping with them and trying to sort out who the owner of the huron was. A bit later a random hobo turned up and started gunning everyone down leading me and alot of the other people in the situation to die.

This obviously does not make my actions justifiable and makes what i said afterward ok. Since my last ban i have been trying to calm down in situations like this and re frain from using discriminatory words. This time i did however slip up and that is something i aplogise for.

I slipped up and apologise for what i said to whoever the guy was that rdmed us, i shoulda dealt with it in another way and after all my time on this server i should have.

Why should we unban you ?
During my time playing RPUK i have really enjoyed it and met alot of people along the way and tbh i wouldn't play anything else on arma as this is the place i have the most connections and best experience. I can agree that my acting these last couple a weeks has been childish making sarcastic comments and being toxic. However it comes from wanting to improve the server and maybe trying to hard and getting frustrated when i see that it is moving the wrong way (to me at least).

I have been here for 3 years playing consistently and i like to think that i have been one of the people that have not been causing that much drama and issues. I hope that i can continue on that spirit and keep up with constructive critisim instead of whatever ive been doing for these past 2 weeks. I enjoy making content for the community in the form of skins and playing in Poseidon and as a rebel.

I´ve made alot of friends in the community and enjoy playing on here and i realise that i might have fucked up my chances but i hope that you consider giving me a final chance.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Was laying on the floor and someone was about to kill him. As the guy walked over he called him a "paki cunt"
@Butch there is also a video to go with this, Racism is inexcusable and we cannot allow that on our server or in our community.

There will be some extended time out 3 months, 6 months... I will let the person who deals with this decide.

I can agree that my acting these last couple a weeks has been childish making sarcastic comments and being toxic.
This has not gone unnoticed. Your attitude towards the development team, all of whom give their services, skills and time totally freely, on a volunteer basis for often tremendous amounts of time, sometimes in quite difficult personal circumstances, has been pretty despicable, tbh.

However it comes from wanting to improve the server and maybe trying to hard and getting frustrated when i see that it is moving the wrong way (to me at least).
This is no justification. It merely points further to your selfishness. When things don't go your way, you become a pain in the backside and demoralise the very people who are trying to help not just **you**, but everyone on the server. But hey, they didn't give me what I wanted, so Imma throw rocks at them and diss them, and say they're no good, or not listening, or just plain ignoring me. Because I'm the most important pebble on the beach.

Well, you're not. You're just one pebble out of many, and the devs give your suggestions and input the exact proportion of evaluation and value as they do for everyone else's. The difference is, most people accept that the devs have to make tough calls occasionally, in the pursuit of general server-wide gameplay and balance, and that it doesn't always go right first time, or according to the grand plan (usually because other people find new and annoying ways to bend the rules or exploit systems, causing yet further work and pain). Most people accept that having any devs on hand whatsoever, is a good thing, and cherish them through thick and thin, because they're here for everybody. Not just the person banging their own drum the loudest and making the squeakiest whines and toxic smells.

To discover that when the chips are down, you're a racist bigot on top of everything else we've seen from you lately, and that in the heat of the moment, your 'go-to' insult is to call some person who you don't even know IRL, a 'p*k* c**t' because they have a different accent to you, simply adds the icing on your toxic cake.

And then when you get banned because you've been caught, suddenly you're Mister Remorseful, all sad and downhearted because you'll lose access to your friends, and the server that you say you love. It's a shame you didn't think about that before you got banned. Many other people manage to control themselves, and rein their emotions in, rather than commit public Seppuku by giving into their selfishness and bigotry in the heat of a difficult moment. 

I understand that we're all on Covid-19 lockdown and going through tough times IRL, and everyone's stress levels is off the scale at the moment (whether we are man enough to admit it or not). But this community is the place where we are supposed to be able to escape from some of that, not add to the stress. Nobody wants to spend the next three months locked in a virtual cell with a bunch of racists and whiners. 

I'll let the staff decide upon the exact length of your ban, but I see more reason to protect everyone else from you, than I do to extend you any clemency. You should be shown the exact same level of respect that you showed to our beloved developers recently, and to the person you yelled racist abuse at when you unwittingly showed your true colours. Maybe you can use your own lockdown time to reflect on your attitude and improve it - if not for the sake of others, then for the sake of yourself. 

Stay safe, stay well, stay away, and get better.

To fall inline with the rules the time before the next appeal is 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back