What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Catmeat - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmeat

Unban Appeal for Catmeat 

In-game Name: Sid Shufflebottom

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198885930548

Ban ID: !!rpuk14563!!

Reason given for your ban: G2.9, C2.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Transferring money between characters

Why should we unban you ?: This isn't an appeal to attempt to try and tell you why you should unban me, its an appeal to attempt to explain what rule I have broken, why it happened & how I will attempt to rectify it.
I have been banned for transferring money between characters. I am not denying doing so and I fully hold my hands up as now I have read the rules regarding that particular rule break. I would attempt to explain to yourselves that I was on a time frame attempting to buy a vehicle from a dealership where I had a 24 hour deposit, but It doesn't make a difference. I shouldn't have done it & I fully accept responsibility for my actions. Its unfair & considered power gaming from how I gained that money in the first place.

What I am contesting is the C2.2 ban. I feel I not use any game exploits to transfer money, the way the money was transferred was through placing the money in a glovebox, which is an established route of transferring items within the game. From reading the C2.2 rule, I feel I did not transfer anything through walls or windows, and did not bypass any intended animations. My assessment of the intended animation of the glovebox is for players to be able to open & close at their own free will, and I feel I did not use any unusual methods to transfer the money. Obviously I am more than happy to be educated on the subject if I am incorrect, however I do feel that the way I transferred money was based in a roleplay scenario, rather than deliberately abusing exploits within the game.

With this being said, I would like to move on to my apology. This server has been everything to me for the last few weeks I have enjoyed playing it. Without playing the sob story, I have an extremely stressful real life job (NHS paramedic), and this server has provided me with the escape I have needed. I have enjoyed every second of becoming part of this community, and with it being my first roleplaying server, have enjoyed the huge learning curve it has provided me. I have spent close to 100 hours over the last 2 weeks improving my roleplaying, engaging with other members of the community, and attempting to build a solid backstory for my character, which has been tarnished by pure greed at the thought of losing a measly 90k from a deposit.

I am not saying I do not deserve a ban. I do. I broke a rule, I knew about the rule, and I thought I would get away with it. This is not acceptable behaviour, and a ban is perfectly justified. What I am asking for is leniency. I have read the C2.2 rule which states that the ban is permanent, and unappealable. I personally think this is a very grey area, as I did not knowingly abuse any game exploits, I used an already established game mechanic to transfer the money, similar to leaving the money on the floor, or transferring it via bank to another player. And for this reason, I beg for leniency to reduce the ban from permanent, to something I would be able to learn from in my absence, and come back a humbled, and rule-aware player.

The main thing I will be learning from the ban, is to not let greed & impatience affect my gameplay. I am vastly aware of the effects breaking G2.9 has on gameplay - it resulted in me buying cars out of my current budget, affecting the servers economic climate, and is generally unfair for all other players who do not break the rules.

To conclude, I am not attempting to appeal the ban, I deserve it. However I am appealing to the admin team to please show leniency regarding C2.2, so I can continue playing the server I have become so accustomed to over the last few weeks. I can wholeheartedly say this would be the last time you would hear my name being mentioned regarding rule breakages.

Thank you for reading, regardless of outcome.

Sid

Edit: May I please also point out that my brother, Stan, was also banned. Part of his ban reason was "encouraging others to break rules". Please can I mention that he did in no such way encourage me to break this rule, I asked him if he would be willing to participate. I take full responsibility for it, he attempted to warn me and I continued, through greed and short sightedness.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you not say that exploiting the fact that you can have four characters, which you have used to transfer the starting cash that you’re given by the server to help you start properly, break this rule?

Would you not say that exploiting the fact that you can have four characters, which you have used to transfer the starting cash that you’re given by the server to help you start properly, break this rule?
Hi Liam,

Thank you for the quick reply, its appreciated.

I'm a little bit confused about the 4 characters reference. The only characters I transferred money between was James Bronson, and Sid Shufflebottom. The money transferred was money earnt from performing work duties from the job of James Bronson. I do have two more characters, but those are rarely played and I have not attempted to gain an advantage from any of those characters.

In regards to the exploit, I am more than happy to be educated on the matter. My understanding of C2.2 is that it refers to server & game exploits, such as duplicating / passing through walls / bypassing animations etc. I understand the term exploit can be quite broad and used in a variety of ways, I also understand it states it isn't limited to what is stated. I didnt purposefully make characters in order to exploit the £35000 starting cash if this is what your referring to.

Thanks again for the reply,

Sid

Edit: Please don't think I am arguing with you about the rules, I'm simply trying to understand. Im not trying to insinuate staff members have added justified bans on, I'm simply trying to interpret the rules properly, so if I ever get the chance to play again I can follow them accordingly.

Hi Liam,

Thank you for the quick reply, its appreciated.

I'm a little bit confused about the 4 characters reference. The only characters I transferred money between was James Bronson, and Sid Shufflebottom. The money transferred was money earnt from performing work duties from the job of James Bronson. I do have two more characters, but those are rarely played and I have not attempted to gain an advantage from any of those characters.
It doesn’t matter if it was two, three, four of your characters. You still exploited the system that allows you to have multiple characters for your own benefit and advantage of earning a quick buck.

It doesn’t matter if it was two, three, four of your characters. You still exploited the system that allows you to have multiple characters for your own benefit and advantage of earning a quick buck.
In which case, would not all cases of transferring money, be cases of exploitation also? I've been browsing the previous cases, and there appears to be multiple cases that have transferred money between characters, however did not receive the exploit ban. 

Again, I am not denying wrong-doing. I know exactly what I did and am fully holding my hands up. I deserve punishment. I'm just attempting to understand the second rule break and how it specifically applies to my case.

Thank you,

Sid

Theirs should have been but context matters, their case could be different from yours but I can assure you that each G2.9 ban that I have pushed, comes along with C2.2.

Now,

Re-add C2.2 into the rules you’ve broke and explain why we should unban you.

Theirs should have been but context matters, their case could be different from yours but I can assure you that each G2.9 ban that I have pushed, comes along with C2.2.

Now,

Re-add C2.2 into the rules you’ve broke and explain why we should unban you.
Okay, thank you for the clarification. I wasn’t trying to argue with you, just trying to understand, which I do now.

I’m not saying that I didn’t deserve a ban, I did. I knowingly broke the rules in a moment of pure greed. I wanted that car SO BAD that I took the easy way out to get it, which Is completely unacceptable.

This has come as a huge shock to me if I’m perfectly honest. I can guarantee that if you were to give me another chance to engage once more within the community, you will not be seeing my name in here again. I got carried away in a moment of greed, and dragged my friend into it also, which is despicable. I also know it’s going to take a lot of effort on my part to build that trust with you guys again, and rightly so.

I don’t want to feel like im “begging” for another chance, because begging doesn’t prove anything. I want this opportunity to show to the staff team that I can play without breaking the rules, without upsetting the economy and without exploiting the fact I’m able to have two characters.

I know it’s not up to me to decide my own punishment, however I would agree to ANYTHING for the opportunity to show you guys I can play fairly. Wipe everything, delete every character, anything. I’m serious when I say I’ve taken a long, hard look at myself, and greed is not a nice attribute to have. 

Again, thank you for the reply Liam,

Sid

Good evening @Catmeat🙂 ,

Let's say you were given another chance to play on this server, the unban would come with conditions which all players who receive a ban of this nature get given. 
You own the current characters: James Bronson, Sid Shufflebottom & Sofia Landez.

One of these characters which you pick will receive a full wipe (Items, assets, houses, cars etc) but you'll be able to keep the character.
The other 2 characters will be permanently deleted.

Do you agree to those terms, and if so which character would you want to keep? 

Good evening @Catmeat🙂 ,

Let's say you were given another chance to play on this server, the unban would come with conditions which all players who receive a ban of this nature get given. 
You own the current characters: James Bronson, Sid Shufflebottom & Sofia Landez.

One of these characters which you pick will receive a full wipe (Items, assets, houses, cars etc) but you'll be able to keep the character.
The other 2 characters will be permanently deleted.

Do you agree to those terms, and if so which character would you want to keep? 
Hi Danoo, thank you so much for the reply.

If I was given another chance to play, I would prefer you to wipe and delete ALL of my characters. I've spent the last week contemplating my actions and how much I regret doing what I did. 

I have already resigned from the NHS, as I didn't feel comfortable continuing on in a trusted role when I abused it in the first place by transferring the money.

By deleting all of my characters, its a reminder to myself never to let greed take over my morals again. When I say im serious about proving I can play without breaking rules, I mean it. I appreciate the thought of being able to keep a character, but I have tarnished them all now.

I hope that is possible, as I would love to continue my roleplay journey with yourselves. 

Thanks again Danoo,

Sid

Good afternoon, @Catmeat!

I appreciate that you're willing to go ahead and delete all of your characters for a completely fresh start, this to me shows that you're determined to come back and roleplay here rather than continue to attempt gaining an advantage over the other players.
It is not frequent that we have players request this when given a chance to keep one character of their choice.
All of your characters have been deleted as requested by yourself and when you next attempt to connect you'll be starting fresh. 

At the end of the day this is a roleplay server, so we are looking for players here wanting to roleplay. Breaking serious rules such as the above does not place you in a good light considering you had already had a run in with staff not to long ago whom were very lenient with you by letting you stay.

Please, sharpen up on the rules and learn your lesson from this.
I am willing to give you another chance on the server, but I do not want to see you back here again. Any bans you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent and I can assure you it will be much harder to return as we will not entertain appeal after appeal.
Do not waste the chance 😉

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back