What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Cheen - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheen

Unban Appeal for Cheen 

In-game Name: David Goodwillie

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198182006605

Ban ID: !!rpuk7571!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3 Combat Logging

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for the above reason of combat logging. The situation that occurred was as follows.

Me and a friend were messing around up at Paleto before we went off and a guy pulled up and went over to the ATM. We ran up to rob him and his mate pulled up and killed us. They dumped us into the water which was all good, and they drove away. We then went off as the situation was over.

I was genuinely perplexed as to why I was banned but I spoke to a staff member and he explained what had happened and how the situation would have looked to another staff member. The reason I was banned was that I did not wait 15 minutes to respawn before going off.

Why should we unban you ?: This was a genuine mistake as I did not consider this combat logging. I did not log off mid-RP situation nor did I log off to save any items (I literally had a switchblade and like 400 cash on me). I believed as the RP scenario was over I was able to go off as I was going to do anyway.

I believe you should unban me as there was literally not an ounce of malice in what I did, however, I do appreciate what it looks like from a staff point of view seeing someone log off after they have been downed. As I said my intention was to go off anyway and I was just going to respawn when I came back on (you can see that I tried logging in 2/3 hours later and not say 30-60 mins if I had any intention of trying to save my character or any other reason rule 2.3 is designed to prevent).

I've spent a significant amount of time on this server and I am familiar with all of it's rules. The ban actually happened on a character I had just made and I hope you can see that I was not actually combat logging as if I ever had the intention of doing this I would have done this on my main character where I have lost valuable items on many occasions. I look forward to hopefully returning to the server again, and as I said I take on the feedback given by The Cap as a staff member that I should wait to respawn before logging off for the benefit of the doubt next time.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Cheen

I appreciate you have taken your time and put some effort into your appeal, however; a discovery has been made during this ban, which has resulted in yet another rule break being added onto your record.

This is an economy-related incident, do you have an idea as to what I might be referring to? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Economy related? The only thing I can think of being a rule break was dropping a weapon and a couple of k the other day before I made a new character. 

The reason behind the new character wasn’t to farm money or anything, I had realised that the characters appearance didn’t align with the backstory I had in mind so I made a new one (this was probably 15/20 mins after the creation of the first one). Again there was no intention of farming any money or exploiting the system. Not sure how much analytics you guys have as admins but you might see how many hours I’ve spent taxing, trucking, fishing over the days.

Have you perhaps aided or participated in a different capacity, in an economy related rule break? Admittedly, it occurred some time ago now. 

The amount of money involved was quite substantial, the incident took place in beginning of April 2021.

I'm trying to think but I'm not 100% sure. In terms of money or moving substantial amounts of cash the only instances I can think of would be borrowing or repaying money to purchase properties. Even thought my character was involved in gang activity but in terms of making money I'd do so pretty exclusively through hours of fishing and trucking as was the meta back then. There would be instances where I borrowed money and then paid it back. Would this be what you are referring to? There's a possibility that there was significant time between paying this money. 

I'm not sure if that helps to explain it Drex. I obviously trust your judgement so please let me know if there's further concerns or if the above explanation doesn't refer to what you are looking for and I will address them. I will say in terms of obtaining money I have always done so in line with the rules (usually fishing and trucking as previously mentioned)

Edit: I've been trying to think back and see that my forum profile was created in march meaning I had only played the server for a month or so. Which to be honest puts me into more doubt about what it would be. If I recall, in the first month I had just began to make meaningful friendships and any dealings with cash would have been during the trucking meta and possibly into fishing becoming popular. As mentioned above I had borrowed and repayed cash during those times for the purchase of properties. As far as I can recall I think I moved house 3 times before finally getting rid of the 3rd house I had moved into. That's the only time I can think of during what could have been april in which I would be moving bigger amounts of cash.

I appreciate your honesty as well as the fact that this occurred a long time ago.
What I am referring to, is an illegal transfer of around ~£400,000 from your friends character, sent to you and returned to your friends other character. This goes against rule G2.9, as you have effectively aided in the transfer of money between characters as the 'middleman' 

Does this ring a bell?

Again mate I'll be 100% honest and say that I can't remember the exact instance this happened in. That's obviously not in any way, shape or form a denial that it happened as you obviously see that it did happen. I can only profoundly apologise for this, as I said I would have only been around for a month or so and this was my first RP server so I was not as aware of the importance of the server rules as I am now. I would like to think that over the time I have played the server I have tried to improve my RP and understanding of how to create unique situations. That is of course only possible if all the rules are followed and I realise that the high standard of this server in comparison to other ones is because the rules are enforced. 

I am sorry for this rule break, I understand the importance these rules have on the RP within the server and I do want to reassure you that I am only on this server to participate in meaningful RP and have fun without wasting anybody's time. I appreciate you guys also put in the time to go through these appeals so again I'm sorry that is has come to this. I took a long break from the server due to work but now I have more free time I had every intention of returning and having a part to play in creating enjoyable RP for anybody I come across. 

Since you have been involved in a transfer of money ban you will be required to start from fresh. If given another chance would you agree to that?

That being said, You have been banned for two serious rule breaks. Transferring Money and Combat logging how can we be sure you won't do something like this again?
Please quote both rules and explain why this rules are in place.

Hi Robbie, Thanks for replying mate. 

It is of course your judgement so I will accept any decision you make. I think I have around 600/700k on my character at the moment so would you think it is sufficient to wipe this amount as a punishment for the rule break of transferring the 400k cash, on top of the time I've been banned. As I mentioned I do not recall the exact transaction or moment I was involved in this. As the middle man it would have been something I did for a friend while being new and naive to the server and some of its rules. I consider myself to have improved significantly since this time in my RP and understanding of the rules. I have built a lot of meaningful relationships and had plans for my character in returning to the courts in the city since I have just returned after a long break so it would mean a lot to me if my main character was not fully deleted (rather just have the cash wiped from my bank). I believe that I can reward the server with unique RP situations within the legal system and can assure you that if you had this faith in me you would not regret it.

I fully hold my hands up for breaking this rule however I hope you see that I'm being genuine and the intention was not to blatantly break rules to exploit the server. It was a stupid the decision but I do understand only I can be responsible for my actions.

In terms of the combat log; again I really hope you can see that this was a misunderstanding of the rule from my part. In my head because the RP situation was over I was able to log off (as I was already going to go off before the situation occurred). I understand from speaking to staff members and as part of this appeal that I should have waited the 15 minutes before logging off. I again promise to be more mindful of this moving forward. 

Rules broken -

G2.9 - Transferring money between characters - I broke this by facilitating a transfer of cash by being the middleman. The rule is in place to ensure a fair economy and meaning cash is only obtained via valid RP reasons and preventing farm characters resulting in RP situations not being as meaningful due to lack of consequences.

C2.3 - Combat Logging - I broke this by logging out before my character respawned at the hospital after being dumped - The rule is in place to prevent people logging out mid RP situations and ruining these scenarios for other players involved.

Again, I'm sorry for these rule breaks. I hope that you can see that both occurred with no ill intentions. I always try creating the best RP situations for anybody I encounter and if my cash wipe proposal is accepted and my character is able to further develop his story I will do my best to again become an influential member in the city and create more unique situations.

So just to confirm: Kenny Ducky will be your main character going forward. You will keep the character however you will be wiped on him, money/assets. You can roleplay that however you please.

Your other 3 characters:
Pablo Ducky

Douglas Goodwille

David Goodwillie

Will all be deleted. Does that sound about right?

Does that include all assets or just money? Again not disagreeing with any decision that is made I was just wondering if you would consider it to be sufficient to wipe the 600k or whatever it was in my bank to cover the 400k I middle manned for. 

again I understand any decision that is made. I just hope you see the effort I’ve put into this appeal and that I had no ill intentions during these 2 rule breaks. 

yes you can delete pablo, David and Douglas.

If this is just a blanket punishment for this rule then I will accept. 

I was more asking as I don't think that's proportionate in the circumstances associated with the two rulebreaks. I would understand a cash wipe and the week ban I've had but a full wipe would wipe the proceeds of hours on hours of legitimate work and RP. If this was a possibility I would be more than happy to have a chat with a staff member about it on TS. 

If this is non-negotiable then no worries. I hope you can see I'm serious in being a part of this community and contributing to it as I feel I have done in my time here.

Edit: Reason I suggested TS is to have a quick chat about this if it was something you would consider rather than take up further staff time replying to this unban appeal.

These are the terms of your unban - Given the severity of both rule breaks, I don't believe this is unproportionate at all.

Your character Kenny Ducky25258 will have all of it's money and assets removed.
Your other characters, character ID's 35176, 59998 & 60002, will be deleted.

Once this has been completed, your ban will be lifted.

No problem mate. Thanks for taking your time to answer. Will I be notified or should I just keep trying to log in periodically? 

You will be notified here, once the unban conditions have been met and the ban has been lifted.

@Cheen

Hello! 
The terms written above have now been applied, and your ban has been lifted. Welcome back

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back