What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - CONNORGORE97 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor gore

Unban Appeal for CONNORGORE97 

In-game Name: Connor gore

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199033599660

Ban ID: rpuk11685

Reason given for your ban: G1.5

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: i was banned for power gaming when in the PD one of the other officers handed a suspect an ID card to identify himself rather than going down the root of asking questions to clarify his identity the gu however had no clue what his name was and was banned from the server although i understand in the instance he was trolling in the future it genuinly may be sombody who is being difficult and providing good RP it would then be are job to deal with it properly which i did try to do i asked for CID on the radio to see if i could get sombody to take the fellas prints to see if he was in the system however due to some miss communication as the cells was almost full the officer taking the prints though i was asking for prints to be added however i was not i wasnted to take his prints to see if we knew of him in the police records but this didnt happen due to misscomunication and staff had to step in to get the officer taking the prints to stop and tell us the system wasn't working. at the time of getting the guys prints taken i wasent fully aware of how the fingerprint system worked in game all i knew was if he had benn in before then he should have been in the system so thats all i was looking for i was asked if he had id on him and i said hes been given an id card which is obviosly the power gaming part

Why should we unban you ?:  i was involved inthe powergaming yes i accept that although i was not the instigator that dosent matter i still partaked in the rp i did try to correct the situation by calling for cid and getting his prints taken not added this was where it was misscomunicated in futer i should be clearer with my instructions and also if i see something like this happening step in and rp the situation out the correct way rather than play along after having a lengthy talk with stuart one of the staff leads i understand the points he made and agree with him i belive the whole situation comes down to misscomunication between me and a few of the officers in the station and i need to work on that as i was not fully up to speed with the situation as juyst prior i had to 'take a nap' in future i will not get involved in rp im not fully up to speed with unless i have to im sorry for my actions and i have learnt my lesson in the god chat i had with stuart however i understand i still need to submit a report in line with the fair ban system im still new to the server and rp all together i have so much more to give and i will endevour to do so should i be unbanned

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

hi sorry i have had to edit this as i now belive i know what you are reffering to when i was pulled to the roof with stuart i said it was effort to make an appeal becuse the time it takes and i asked was their an alternative way of dealing with the issue rather than a ban however i respected that the ban was deserved and also the cooling off perid as this has given me time to reflect and learn i think what i said at the time can be taken in a derogative way however it was not meant like this i just said it as i was super keen to try and get back on the server as sson as possible however if that was allowed then i wouldnt have learnt anything from my actions whereas no i have i guess you can say the system is in place for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
You was asking for a timed ban or simply a warning over the current permanent ban you are on for you breaking the rules. In all honesty I wasn't impressed by this since you did know yourself it would of been a permanent ban due to how short of a time you we're back from your prior ban. 

You have said you've had time to reflect and learn since this ban was placed. How so? Help us understand this.

Hi @Stuarthope your well yeah to be honest I was kind just trying my luck I really enjoy the server and didn’t want to get banned I now understand that under the fair ban system that this ban was infact none negotiable as you did explain after conferring with other staff members.

to answer your quest since being banned I haven’t played any other servers as I believe none compare to this so I have put my time into revising the server and community rules here at RPUK specifically the rule in which I broke and also the one prior to this in terms of reflection well I guess iv still been able to see stuff in the discords such as events and stuff fellow players post and it makes me thing I could have been part of all this if I didn’t make a stupid mistake and I am eager and I believe ready to get back into character and begin to role play again I believe that with the knowledge I have gained I will not have to return to this appeals page once again if I was to be un banned 

the rule that I broke was 

[SIZE=medium](G1.5) Powergaming[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I believe this rule is very important as are all the others as it takes away from the realism of the role play in the server and people would abuse there ability’s within RPUK so that they are always in an advantageous position however this is not always the case IRL so why should it be on a SERIOUS role play server the rule adds a level of emerssion to the community and I am very sorry for breaking that for others players around me at the time [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]thank you for taking your time to read the above I look forward to hearing back [/SIZE]

Run us though this full situation and your thought process. Now yes you wasn't the person who give the ID Card over, You we're involved in getting the player to show the ID card given to them. You also tried to get someone to add their prints to the system with said information and even stated "They have an ID card on them that shows their name". 

Surely you knew the rules prior due to your last ban, So why did this happen and why did you try to carry on with it?

Okay so my head popped prior to the situation and I got myself involved once I got back they was trying to identify the guy in question and another officer passed the I’d card to the suspect and I covered him with my taser as he was being a pain in the arse however at this point I kinda realised what we was doing was wrong and that was not the correct way to deal with this specific situation so I called on radio for an officer from CID my intention was to run fingerprints and see if he was in the system however this did not transpire and I was asked if he had I’d on him and I said yeah he’s got kne on him I did not explain where it had come from this is the failing on my behalf however the communication throughout was shocking once staff stepped in and explained the situation I realised what we and more so I had done wrong I went into the scenario with very little understanding of the fingerprints system and also very little knowledge of the RP prior to this leading to his arrest in the future if unbanned I will endeavour to learn this system and also I will  not involve myself in a situation that I do not have the correct understanding to be able to provide good RP

yes I do have a undertaking of the rules and I have since refreshed myself with them during my 1 month cool-down at the time it was a great failing on my behalf that I have come to deeply regret however I can assure you that should I be unbanned you will not be dealing with me here again lessons have been learnt and I now have a better understanding of the wider role play community and the importance of the rules they must be followed it takes away from the integrity of the meaning of role play and then basically becomes a free for all the rules are there to be followed and that’s the long and short of it in the future this is the path I will travelling down 

Isn't criminals being difficult to be expected from time to time? This can be argued with anyone and any group on the server, However falls down to their character. How can that be a defence for breaking a server rule? 

Now you say your intention was to run the prints however that isn't the fact when you we're in the room now was it? 

Yeah I totally agree with you there it’s all part of the parcel I guess and that’s why we are there to deal with them I am not trying to defend my actions at all what I did was wrong and I have been rightfully punished and no that is not what happened as I explained in my previous reply that was always my intention which is why I asked for CID on radio but when I got to the prints room I just told the officer that the guy had and ID card implying that he just needed adding to the system again this was a failing on my behalf and I can’t stress enough how much Time and effort I am willing to put into ensuring this doesn’t happen again and I believe I have learnt my lesson and understand the correct process to prevent this happening in the future and also how to deal with it if I see it happening after the chat that we had in the rooftop that night 👍🏼

Explain to us why you didn't try and correct what happened even when being told in the fingerprint room? Why not simply say he had no ID on him or he picked someone else's up ?

Above you quoted the rule you broke, So explain why we have such a rule and the importance of this.

The reason I didn’t stop the situation was due to a lack of knowledge about the powergaming rule I wasn't aware at the time that I was breaking a rule and thankfully staff stepped in and solved the situation after speaking with yourself I fully understand what I did was wrong 

as for the importance of the rule all you would just have people completely exploiting there position within the game ensuring they are never at a disadvantage or in a vulnerable position this is unfair on the other party as it would be a constant battle for them to even be able to enjoy there roleplay also it ruins it for the like of police colleges as they are there to help should you find  your self in a tricky situation you should call upon them rather than abuse your perks within RP

Very well, I'll give you another opportunity to return to the community. Now this is the second permanent ban you have received in total so from the outset it's not a good look in the slightest. You do seem to have a better understanding of this rule. I will say now that you have used up the fact you are unaware of the rules and if you do wind up back in this section moving forth you will find it more difficult to go through this process.

I'd expect that you have read all our rules both the GTA and Community rules and have an understanding of them overall, Not saying you cannot question some you are a bit on the fence with however you should know the basics overall. Don't let me down with this opportunity! 

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back