What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - ConnorTheGreatt - Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorTheGreatt

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Unban Appeal for ConnorTheGreatt 

In-game Name: ConnorTheGreatt

Server: Discord

Steam ID: 76561198226897320

Ban ID: Not Sure

Reason given for your ban: Not Sure (probably C1.10 or Common Sense)

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I'm not 100% sure on the reason of the ban. The last time I was on the Discord server was when Bowen put out an announcement about how frag montages weren't allowed to be associated with the server anymore.
This caused a lot of outrage and whining from a lot of the people in the community who play the server to get kills.

As a long time hater of frag montages, and a long time lover of light-hearted Discord skirmishes, I figured I'd jump in and form an opposing side to their whines and outrage. I was later joined by other members of the community, including staff. There were lots of back and forth about maturity and the reasons that people were truly playing the server. I took the opportunity to make a joke on behalf of one of the gang members who was particuarly salty and immature, by inspect elementing his twitch page to say '16 Years Old', screenshotting it, and saying 'Enjoy your summer holidays mate'.

I believe this may have been taken as a genuine attempt to get him banned, and if anyone knows me, they would be able to tell you that was not the case, and I was just doing it for a laugh. The 30+ Laugh Reacts my comments received would also back this up.

I'm pretty sure the guy was like 25, so got quite upset when Staff approached him to ask his age etc, and said I was doing my best to get him banned. I can't remember who it was I did it to, although I believe he was part of the recent wave of community bans.

Why should we unban you ?: If the above is not correct and is not the reason why I was perm banned from the discord without warning, then I would apprieciate some clues as to why I was banned.

Assuming that the above is correct, I can honestly say there was no malicious intent in my actions. I was merely highlighting the immaturity of someone who was trying to hurl every insult they could think of at me. I understand that it may have wasted a little bit of staff time, but given the fact the guy was clearly over 21, I would imagine the age verification was concluded rather quickly.

I've been a long term member of this community, since the end of 2015, and have interacted withthe majority of the community over the years. Not once have my wind-ups in Discord/Slack/Rocket Chat/Whatsapp (These are all the RPUK Community platforms that I have wound people up on) been malicious and intended to genuinely hurt people. I just like poking fun at those who are willing to have public arguments. I believe my intentions here were misconstrued, and would have apprieciated someone coming to talk to me before the trigger was pulled on the ban. I agree, it probably wasn't the most sensible thing to do, as I understand underage players is not something to take lightly, but I genuinely thought others would be able to see that this was meant to highlight the immaturity of the other community member. (Yes I am aware of the irony that I undertook petty, immature actions to highlight someone elses immaturity - but sometime's you've gotta sleep with the enemy)

The reason I am appealing is so that I can play the server again if I feel like it in the future. Being banned from the Discord means I cannot do this, should I want to. I have no intention of coming straight back onto Discord to be a troll. That day was the first time I had been on the discord in a while, and I was only on there due to the sheer outrage at what I thought was a perfectly reasonable announcement.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

DISCORD ID: 459088194697166850

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Connor, hope we're well. ^^
Before I go deeper into this appeal

"The reason I am appealing is so that I can play the server again if I feel like it in the future. Being banned from the Discord means I cannot do this, should I want to. "
Do you wish to return now, or are you appealing it only for the sake of "maybe in the future I want to return and be a cop again!" 

Hey Mike. 

i will be honest mate, I probably won’t be playing seriously at anytime in the near future. This is mainly due to a combination of a busy IRL schedule and not playing games that much at the moment when I do have free time. 

Please do not interpret this as me being lacklustre and not passionate about the community, or as me just appealing my ban for the sake of it. 

I have derived a hell of a lot of fun out of RPUK since 2016, and the community is something that has been semi-constant in my life since the Arma Days.

As much as I would love to have the abundance of spare time that I did in 2020/21/22, when my love for FiveM and roleplay was at its peak, I do not have this at the moment. I still want to be a part of the community, keep in touch with those I know, and be able to hop on and RP with community members old and new alike when the opportunity arises. 

Unfortunately I cannot say for certain what I will or will not want to do in the future, but it is no secret that I was a “cop main”. Despite being the original leader of the Triads, and being and involved in many other organisations/groups across different characters, it was always the UK Police RP that I enjoyed the most. This is evident from the sheer amount of time, effort and passion that I have previously put into the LSPS, as well as the long lasting friendships that I still have and maintain with a lot of the members of the police. 

Whilst I may not have a burning urge to play the server at this very moment in time; I do not enjoy being banned from it, and would like to make amends, so that if I find myself with free time I can hop on and play it, hopefully enjoying it as I have in the past and creating new characters/friends along the way. 
Even if I were to rejoin the police or another whitelisted faction further down the line, I would purely be looking for a standard experience at one of the lower ranks, playing when I could. I think my days of being in command positions and putting in 70 hour weeks on RPUK are over (sadly/gladly - depending on how you look at it!)

Not really too sure what else I can say for that question, but give me a shout if you want me to clarify anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Connor. 

You were one of the better officers back when I joined the police. 
Firstly I'd like to thank you for your honesty. 

I'd like to ask if you were unbanned, what positive impact would you bring to the community? 
As you say you won't play until maybe in the future, what's the purpose of being unbanned on Discord? - I know you always poked the bee's hive, you were part of the community since 2016 surely you'd gather some maturity on how to conduct yourself in the public channels, knowing what is okay to post / say, what isn't. - The post in question that got you in trouble, negatively impacted said player to a point of raising it to staff. 

You also mentioned you want to talk to old friends, why not just add them on discord? 

A lot of my time spent on the server was dedicated to helping others out. Whether that was taking a genuine interest in the newer members of the police to help them settle into the police and the community as a whole, or simply going out my way to create fun situations for others as a Wanyama. 
My time within RPUK has taught me a lot about RP, and I was often found in random discord channels answering random questions for others. 

I was a staff member for the best part of 3 years, and as far as I’m concerned you can never have enough people around who have experience and are able to guide people on the communities procedures and to the correct places for certain things. 

Yes I sometimes turned to winding people up in Discord when the opportunity arose, but that represents a very small % of my contributions to this community. The majority, in my opinion, have been positive additions, centred around helping those around me enjoy themselves. It is very easy to focus on the negative reputation someone may have in a situation like this, so I urge you to please, take a step back, and consider the positive contributions I have made to the LSPS, G6, the Judiciary, Weazel News, the gang system, the player owned shop system etc. over the years. I am in no way shape or form claiming to have been single-handedly responsible for the success of the above, but they are all areas of the community I have dedicated time and effort to, in an attempt to make things more fun for others. 

This is my first and only ban on discord and other community engagement platforms since 2016. This itself has illustrated that I am perfectly capable of behaving myself, and very rarely crossing the line.

Yes, you’re right, I may “poke the beehive” occasionally, but the overwhelming majority of the times, this does not contravene the rules of the server or do any damage. If it had, I dare say I would have found myself in this part of the forum long before now. 

Being unbanned from the discord allows me to keep in the loop with what is happening, keep in touch with those who play the server, and allows me to be a part of the community. 

Discord is clearly the hub of the community. The TeamSpeak Server and the Forums, which were once the pillars of this community, sadly are no longer as popular, with the majority of interactions moving to Discord. In my opinion, one discord ban for something that wasn’t malicious, does not warrant exclusion from such a large part of the community. It also goes without saying that said discord ban also effectively functions as a game server ban too, due to the requirement to be in the discord to play. I refer to the above points about wanting to be able to play the server as another reason why I’d like to be unbanned on discord. 

Yes, I do have a lot of my closer friends on Discord, and we keep in touch, however this does not account for the hundreds of people I’ve interacted with over the years. These are the people who I might not want to reach directly out to, or vice versa, but we will have a nice catch-up in passing, when we see each other posting on the discord.
I will refer you to my above opinion that one non-malicious action, that was taken the wrong way by someone who was angry at the time, does not warrant exclusion from this. 

We know you love a good wind up, and with that we must ask will you take it too far in the future?

The image that you inspect element'd, caused a lot of issues both within Staff and with the player.

Like I have said previously, I had no malintentions. In my opinion, this is the first time I've taken something on discord too far, and as a result I have been banned for it. I have no intentions of repeating this. I would ask you to take into account the amount of time I have spent on this community's platforms over the years, whilst maintaining a fairly spotless record. 

I'm not planning on coming back to be a wind-up merchant. I will ensure that in the future I am able to maturely deal with any immaturity that I may face. 

Very well,

Don’t let both yourself and us down in the future. 

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back