What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Danny Drip - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Drip

Banned
Unban Appeal for Danny Drip 

In-game Name: Danny Drippage

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199143724629

Ban ID: !!rpuk13745!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I have been banned under G1.3 which in short is a ban for baiting, in which taking deliberate actions to cause a scenario in which you cause a chase with the end result being a firefight.

Now from my perspective I was responding to a radio call from Rock Ares in whereby he had asked people to come to his location because he was at the time being chased for selling drugs on the coalition hill.

I went to the location and another member of 229 was present on a bike (Faggio) that specfically is notable for its slow speed, reaching around 30mph on most of the roads, now at the time I was blindsided by this and thought the actions that I was taking by doing the same speed as him was acceptable, after taking time to go over the situation and look back at the actions I took I can see how this was deemed as baiting.

Now whilst my intentions were not malicious or made by a concious choice, it was still something I did, the server is meant for serious roleplay. Breaking this down into something that was a serious situation I would have been doing everything I could to avoid the police, yes my actions were influenced by the bike that the 229 member was driving however that is beside the point.

The actions that myself and the other members of 229 took caused a situation in which could have been avoided, and we cut a potentially high quality roleplay scenario short, there was many other options that myself and the other members could have taken, which I did not.

I chose to be a part of the problem and not the solution something which I deeply regret, I am not a sheep and would go as far to say I am proactive in creating an environment in which good roleplay can occur, however during this situation it was not the case, something in which I can only apologise to the other people present in the roleplay scenario.
Driving at that speed meant that the police had no real choice but to follow us, as it was nearly impossible to lose us at that speed, stopping to refuel the bike whilst this was not myself I did not offer up any alternative solutions at the time, like them stopping and getting on my bike, or doing the same with the driver of the faggio, again something that looking back I should have done.

Driving at that speed and making the choice to fuel the bike was only ever going to end up in a position that was going to be a firefight/attack on the other party, because as part of their roleplay they are going to try and apprehend us, there was no chance for them to lose sight of us, and the act of fueling the bike was probably rubbing salt in the wounds you could say.

Why should we unban you ?: Now going back to myself, I know and I am confident that I can roleplay, and as I said before I class myself as proactive in allowing for spontaneous good roleplay, something that was clearly lacking in this situation and instead of being part of the solution to make this situation better I just went along, something that I am ashamed of.

I play this server to enjoy it, have a good time and experience something that many other places can't offer. A sense of belonging in the community the ability to get on the RPUK server and have fun, enjoy the roleplay that is being offered by others, instead during that situation i chose to jeopardise this and act in a foolish manner that has lead to me being banned, and rightfully so.

But the community and the experience is something that I do not want to lose, It is the only game/community that I have truly enjoyed being a part of, and want to continue being a part of.
I am fully aware that I have made mistakes, but it is something that I always improve on and make sure that this part of my roleplay is improved, as without mistakes and everyone being perfect then there is never any room left to improve, and in a ideal world this would be great, but I am human and I do make mistakes, but I pride myself on the ability to learn from the situations in which I have made mistakes on and not making them again.

Now I truly want to apologise to the people that I ruined the situation for, in which could have been a prolonged roleplay scenario, in which they might have lost us if we split up, but might have found me or the other members of 229 at the time in a vulnerable position and been able to complete the arrest then, something that my actions did not allow to happen.

Looking back the mistake I have made whilst there was no intent to cause any harm or with any malice was something that could have been so easily avoidable instead of the poor and lazy roleplay that was provided.

I enjoy the server because of the roleplay and the players in the community, this type of thing is only going to demotivate people and would not be returning the favour that I have experienced with the amazing roleplay I have taken a part in since playing the server, something that I feel I have to repay.

I want to prove to those people involved and others including the staff team that I have the ability to roleplay, I have the want to roleplay, and I want to make the community better not take away from it, I really do want to be a part of the solution and not a problem.
I want to make sure that I learn from my mistake and never make this again, I am fully aware that the actions I take on the server can affect others motivation and want to roleplay, and if everyone had the lazy attitude I had during that situation then the server would be in a much worse place. Which is why there is bans put in place for this type of behavior to avoid it becoming a regular thing.

Something I completely agree with and its with these bans and punishments to make the community better that I have been able to enjoy the server as much as I have, and something that I want to continue adding to, whilst this has taken away from it. I know I have the ability to make roleplay scenarios better, make situations enjoyable for others.

I am not ready to let the community go, whilst is not directly my choice, I just want to say again that I am truly sorry for my behavior, my lack of attention to the situation around me, and not doing more to make the situation fun, and going along with the scenario having a good idea what would occur at somepoint.

That is not something that should become commonplace on the server and I am fully aware the reasons that I have received a ban for it. But if I got the chance to play the server and come back from the ban, I can assure you that I will take this on board and make sure that I take it forward into all future roleplay scenarios and not allow myself to get blindsided or lazy.

I am a proactive roleplayer and I know I can make situations unique and better for all involved, I am asking for a chance to be able to do this again, I hope the effort in this appeal shows my want to remain a part of the community and how much I would miss being a part of it, now whilst It's not a reason to be unbanned, I hope it provides good faith that I will take this on board and promise that I will do everything I can to make sure it does not happen again.

I appreciate the time that you have taken to read this,
Cheers.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't lie, seeing abit of effort in an appeal is refreshing considering most appeals come with 1 or 2 sentences. 

Now, lets run through your ban history quickly. 

26/6/23 - Combat Logging

26/2/23 - Using OOC Information

7/4/23 - RDM 

and ofcourse now the Baiting ban. 

3/4 of your bans have been very serious offences, shall we call them?

This, if I am honest, doesn't fill me with much confidence that this is just a lapse in judgement from you and more a continued behaviour/mindset. 

How can we be sure that if we were to offer you an unban so soon, you'd be able to change your ways so to speak?

Well as I said before I understand that my history does not provide on paper the best outlook into someone who is proactive at roleplaying and someone that wants to better the community, with their roleplay and make a better time for everyone.

It shows that as you said that I have 4 bans with 3 of them being very serious, unfortunately there is not a log of the good things that I have done and you have to take my word that I am here to roleplay and that I do want to make things better, which as you stated is hard to believe looking at my record.

I am someone who learns from their mistakes and I have never made the same one twice, now whilst In this situation I believe it was more down to lazyness from myself It is still a rulebreak.

I can appreciate the concern that this is a continued mindset and behavior from myself, however whilst there is a note of all the mistakes that I have made, it does not detail all the good situations that I have been a part of and the roleplay that I have provided to certain members of the community, trying to make my time and their time as enjoyable as possible.

I understand that If you were to offer me an unban it would be a "gamble" I do not want this to be a gamble, I want to assure you and the other members of the staff team that if the decision was to unban me, that I would do everything I could to make sure that this mistake, or other rule breaks do not occur again. A big ask for you to trust me on what I say, but I am fully aware the reasons for my ban and the reasons that bans are handed out, they are a way to make sure that the community does not become riddled with rulebreaks and the standard of roleplay drops.
I want a chance to pay back the great experience that I have had playing the server and the amount of fun that I have had, and its with these rules and bans and punishments in place that I have been able to experience the fun that I have had. I do not want to be on the other end of that where I am not enjoying the roleplay that I am experiencing on the server and completely understand the requirement of rules and making sure that these are adhered to.

Rules are their to be followed and if you are not following them then punishment by way of a ban or warning are given out, these bans are deemed to be "lessons" in which a player should not be making the same mistake, I want to assure you that I have learnt from all my previous bans and whilst yes the mistakes were made I feel that this has made me a better roleplayer overall, because I have spent time and in each roleplay scenario I take this into account.

I want to state that If you were to unban me, the recent baiting, and no other rules will be broken in the following months.

and like I said earlier I do not want this to be a gamble, because I assure you that I want to do better and be better, and be a part of the solution not the problem, I appreciate the response that you have taken the time to write, and I am open to answer all/any questions that you might have in future replies.

I also want to apologise again to the people that were involved in this situation leading to my ban, It was unfair of myself to act the way I did, and I do deeply regret my decisions and not taking more control in the situation and allowing it to get to the point it did, something that should not have happened, but It did. I can assure you that I have taken this on board and reflected on my mistakes and I do not want this to happen again.

Cheers for taking the time to read,

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you putting effort in, or are you just typing what you think we wanna hear? As your RPUK Groups Group-Members messages don't seem to fill me with confidence..

The reason that you might find doubt in the way I act in group members is because over text it is very hard to take into account someones intention behind the messages that they are sending, myself I am a very banterous person and lighthearted/joking around, which is why some of the messages in group members without the context or knowing me on a personal level might come across and create a certain amount of doubt. I can assure you that I am not just telling you the things you want to hear, I am simply stating how I feel about the situation that has happened, and what I want to achieve if I were to be unbanned. I have gone into length and detail in the unban appeal because I really do want to be a part of the community, as I said before I am a lighthearted character and the things I might say over text can appear without context confusing, my overall attitude to the situation is the one that you see above you here, I have made a mistake and I have been punished accordingly, but I hope to repent those mistakes if I were to be unbanned, by providing the high quality and levels of Roleplay that I know I can. I hope this clears up the doubt you have in whether I am saying this purely to be unbanned, and not really meaning what I am saying, whilst I would love nothing more to be unbanned, I am sincere in what is being said and it is the truth. I apologise for any confusion that I might have caused. Thank you for reading, and I appreciate the reply.

Whilst we appreciate the effort put into this appeal. The point still stands, as you were told "If you are banned again for any sort of Poor RP rule break such as ( RDM, Baiting, Metagaming, NVL ) within a 3 month period, you'll be given a 3 month cooldown before you may appeal." in your last appeal.

May try again 10/11/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back